Search found 226 matches

by cjleeagain
16 Feb 2022, 16:58
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 4 Ultimate v5 by Nimostar - Review and ongoing play journal by CJLee
Replies: 16
Views: 7308

Re: Heroes 4 Ultimate v5 by Nimostar - Review and ongoing play journal by CJLee

Other big chances that I have noticed (not exhaustive; I'm focusing on a few big changes that could really upset the way some people play): Nature faction's Archers have been changed to Rangers. Instead of archery, they get pathfinding and scouting. This could really mess things up. In the past Arch...
by cjleeagain
16 Feb 2022, 16:55
Topic: Heroes 4 Ultimate v5 by Nimostar - Review and ongoing play journal by CJLee
Replies: 16
Views: 7308

Heroes 4 Ultimate v5 by Nimostar - Review and ongoing play journal by CJLee

Since I found that the Conquest of the Underworld campaign would take fairly long (8 maps, of which the 5th is XL sized), I thought I'd try my hand at checking out the Heroes 4 Ultimate mod by NimoStar. I'd like to at least complete one campaign using this mod, and post a review or share my experien...
by cjleeagain
15 Feb 2022, 07:55
Topic: Heroes 4 The Restoration of Axeoth
Replies: 98
Views: 248651

Re: Heroes 4 The Restoration of Axeoth

Response: 1) Definitely do away with the pikemen joining you in map1. H4 Pikemen are the equivalent of H3 Griffins or Ghosts or Stone Golems. Or decrease the joining number a lot. 2) I think there's no need to stick too closely to the storyline. You could have a third hero who gets killed at the end...
by cjleeagain
13 Feb 2022, 17:32

Corrections: I've done nwcprometheus, and now I realize where the Dragon wielding enemy hero is coming from. There is an asylum town in an inaccessible location underground, Ennismoor. I guess these guys are intended to be harassers to spice up the fights? Also - I'm playing on Advanced, not Interme...
by cjleeagain
13 Feb 2022, 15:30

Some thoughts about that: It is ok for me to be giving feedback on multiple points of weaknesses that lead to an overly-easy map. But actually when you address the weaknesses, if you're going to address everything, have to do so in moderate fashion. Making one aspect harder will have a knock on effe...
by cjleeagain
12 Feb 2022, 17:05

OK, I'm on map 5, Old Wounds still. After several easy scenarios on small maps, now I'm confronted with a huge map. The difficulty level has gone up a lot. But hang on. It's not a challenging map in terms of battles fought. There are few really strong stacks, and these tend to be defending important...
by cjleeagain
10 Feb 2022, 20:05

And to answer your questions above... Played on Intermediate, since I also wanted to go through the missions rather than to have agonizingly tough battles every minute. One suggestion: instead of making gamers wait and drag out their missions in order to read all the events/ scripted stories, you co...
by cjleeagain
10 Feb 2022, 11:14

Map 4 issues: Map is tiny and can be finished in under a week. Since I decided to explore everything and milk all experience from the map, I delayed it and sent my heroes on a map tour at the end when I managed to get 1 hero to level 19 (with advanced death magic), so I wanted to visit all mage guil...
by cjleeagain
10 Feb 2022, 03:04

Hey iLive inAbox05, your hard work is appreciated! I played the first map of Warlords of the Wasteland, and didn't go very far. but then again, I'm not good at barbarian heroes and first maps are usually pretty hard when you're leveling your heroes and just about anybody is capable of killing these ...
by cjleeagain
09 Feb 2022, 18:00

Map 3 and 4 feedback for Heroes Chronicles Conquest of the Underworld: Quest tower at 48, 105 says have to 'achieve level 13'. But the wording is wrong. At level 13, I still couldn't get past the tower. (Which is a pity because my heroes were level 13 by the time they came to the tower. The design o...
by cjleeagain
07 Feb 2022, 09:54

Not supposed to be able to hire angels in Map 2? No wonder. I was playing Map 3, and at the start they had a message saying the angels had decided to join Tarnum. I was wondering why the need for such a message. That said, Map 1 and Map 2 both could build Angels, at least on the old version of this ...
by cjleeagain
07 Feb 2022, 04:23

OK, from now on I will only use this post: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/7?p=386169#p385888 which should be where the updated maps are? but now how do I replay Map 2? Do I just download and stick these in the folders? I don't want to replay map 1, yet I want my savegames/ hero builds to car...
by cjleeagain
06 Feb 2022, 17:46
Topic: Heroes IV Ultimate edition v5 with Succubi, etc.
Replies: 17
Views: 14545

Re: Heroes IV Ultimate edition v5 with Succubi, etc.

Hi iliveinabox05 I have been playing the first two maps featuring Tarnum as a knight (underworld conquest). I played using Winds of War after you told me the scenarios are not designed for Map 1 was not difficult. I am only an average player, so I should think that good players would find it boringl...
by cjleeagain
02 Feb 2022, 18:39

Thanks for replying iliveinabox05! I should tweak my comments. Although I have not finished the first maps on the Tarnum knight (underworld conquest) nor Tarnum wizard campaigns, it's not necessarily because they are hard. In fact, most neutral battles are easy. However, a few battles proved to be p...
by cjleeagain
31 Jan 2022, 15:47

I've tried playing one of the Masters campaigns starring Tarnum. Couldn't get past halfway the first mission. Almost every map that I play with a wizard, I've really wanted to play a pure spellcaster. Not possible. No combat skills gets you killed everytime, and you can't afford to lose Tarnum. It's...
by cjleeagain
28 Jan 2022, 09:32

I played it a little, and like what I see so far. The animations and graphics are quite well done and it looks stable. I am not completely sure if all the changes are for the better. For instance, I don't see why initiative needs to be renamed Drive. Then there is the question of Gold Golems - now c...
by cjleeagain
27 Jan 2022, 13:11

Heroes IV Ultimate edition v5 with Succubi, etc.

This just came out? Anybody has any ideas? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wMZ5zWEk0M&ab_channel=Heroes3.5%3AIntheWakeofGods The download link is here. http://heroes3wog.net/heroes-4-ultimate-edition-v5-prerelease/ The list of changes is here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/heroes-iv-ultimate/downl...
by cjleeagain
17 Jan 2022, 11:59

Awesome

The power of fandom and fan-aticism...

It's thanks to the super enthusiastic guys that we have people who do so much hard work to adapt these campaigns to other versions of Heroes.

And with good cause too. Older versions of heroes, especially H3, have vastly superior AI to H6 and H7.
by cjleeagain
17 Jan 2022, 11:56
Forum: News
Topic: Ubisoft is looking for Senior Brand Manager [Might & Magic]
Replies: 11
Views: 5967

Re: Ubisoft is looking for Senior Brand Manager [Might & Magic]

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE EQUIPED WITH: Excellent communication skills :rofl: For those who didn't get it: Kalah quoted the original spelling on the ad. 'Equiped'. We're living in the age of autocorrect and spellcheck. Even when I typed this out, this forum's spellcheck, which I didn't do any settings on,...
by cjleeagain
10 Dec 2021, 12:55
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Hero's Hour gameplay video
Replies: 1
Views: 2128

Hero's Hour gameplay video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPxEZ2VFiyQ

The adventure map looks like a downsized, reduced version of H1 with its 1980s graphics.

The battle screens don't look like turn based strategy to me. More like arcade games.

Some may like it. I'm not sure what to think.

Go to advanced search