Search found 94 matches

by cjleeagain
Dec 7 2020, 18:27
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Ubisoft's Latest Disaster for Me
Replies: 44
Views: 12480

Re: Ubisoft's Latest Disaster for Me

OK, just to update my progress with this game... (sharing my experiences which are different from Maltz's) Human/ Ivan campaign, map 2. just beat Svea, that level 43 Stormcaller with that mighty chain lightning. I couldn't help fighting her as she rushed me. Maltz recommends in his walkthrough that ...
by cjleeagain
Dec 7 2020, 6:10

Wimfrits, your skill with the HOMM game is well known. If a very average player like me can find Heroes 7 boring on heroic, I don't think you're going to get any challenge out of this game unless you play it a certain way. I suggested that way of playing this game several years ago, and I still endo...
by cjleeagain
Dec 6 2020, 7:25

Oh well, I restarted this damn map (Human campaign after Dwarven campaign, map 1) twice. Once I explored the NE, the other time the SE. It turns out that Bart is to be found in a random place in the mid-East. There's no particular reason why anybody would go to that place, but he's standing there an...
by cjleeagain
Dec 5 2020, 16:35

Okayyyyy Here I am, finally getting to play the last map of the Dwarven campaign. This is surprisingly hard. It's not as if the AI offers any real challenge on heroic - but that the timing is quite tight. You can't wander around and explore. I failed twice simply because of the timer. The instructio...
by cjleeagain
Nov 27 2020, 9:06

Panda Tar, Ubisoft's Products are not exactly addictive. That said, I just happily did some checking up other games. Randomly looking at 3 of the top rated games in 2020: Witcher 3, Control and Ghostrunner. Hard disk requirements are 40Gb, 43GB and 22GB respectively. Moreover they are first person s...
by cjleeagain
Nov 26 2020, 15:58

Okaaaaay Here I am on map 6 of the Dwarven campaign. Following Maltz's advice, I waited until day 7 of week 4 before freeing Kari. You'd think that now I have plenty of time in the middle phase of this map to do other things? Nope. Day 1 Week 5, Red AI player's top heroes Hangvul and Tolgar were at ...
by cjleeagain
Nov 23 2020, 2:26

Oh yes, I've already played it a lot.
by cjleeagain
Nov 22 2020, 13:38

Okay... just documenting a few things (this post will be changed in future when I make a walkthrough) Dwarven campaign mission 3, Greed is Good (or something like that). You're supposed to accumulate lots of wealth while defeating your four opponents allied against you. This is nowhere as tough as a...
by cjleeagain
Nov 21 2020, 12:36

Amazing, Pol! Your link led to so many other mods! What this tells me, is that it is not that difficult to mod this game. If it's not so hard to mod to get rid of bugs, can't the original guys who did it patch it properly? Pathetic Ubisoft quality. BTW Antalyan's mod almost led to a minor disaster f...
by cjleeagain
Nov 21 2020, 3:23

Now on mission 2 of the Trial By Fire campaign. It's dull and all the bugs are fully operational at v2.2.1. So my next action is to dl Antalyan's wonderful patch...
by cjleeagain
Nov 21 2020, 3:19

Hey I shut down my computer and restarted, and got a new IP address assigned to me. I'm back!
by cjleeagain
Nov 17 2020, 15:13
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Unoffical Community Patch (UCP)
Replies: 10
Views: 5990

Re: Unoffical Community Patch (UCP)

Antalyan, I was looking at the documentation for your mod. It says the game has to be at v 2.2.1, and must have both the original and trial by fire. I recall 2.2.1 was the last ever patch before they stopped all game support. Basically 1.8 jumped to 2.2.1. Am I right to understand that your mod will...
by cjleeagain
Nov 17 2020, 14:47

Ubisoft's Latest Disaster for Me

Dear Fellow Forummers As you know, I've had great contempt for Ubisoft for a long time. My current experiences have continued to sustain my feelings of contempt for this company. A few months ago I posted an appeal for Uplay logins. I have finally found my Uplay account and password while spring-cle...
by cjleeagain
Nov 17 2020, 2:33
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: In Memory of Docent Picolan
Replies: 2
Views: 875

In Memory of Docent Picolan

Hi, I'm posting this here because I couldn't comment on the news article posted on 15 Nov. Very sorry to hear that Docent Picolan, the leader of the HOTA project, is dead. The article did not say how he died. I do hope to know. Was it Covid? Was it a car accident? Was it crime? Or some private reaso...
by cjleeagain
Nov 17 2020, 1:43
Topic: Appeal for Uplay Game Logins and a Win10 rant
Replies: 26
Views: 18475

Re: Appeal for Uplay Game Logins and a Win10 rant

Has anyone in the community come up with a crack that allows you to play a LEGIT version of H7 OFFLINE yet? I have seen some references on ubisxxt's site about not needing to go online to play H7, but I remember I had to do that to play H7 all the same. I have come across a Malaysian site that sells...
by cjleeagain
Nov 17 2020, 1:37

Ubisoft doesn't even seem to understand that they are so bad that they are now in competition with software pirates. Software Pirates: Unethical, socially irresponsible. Free No need to rely on Uplay. let you play offline. Ubisxxt: Unethical company that never delivers, irresponsible to its fans and...
by cjleeagain
Nov 17 2020, 1:28

Hi Panda Tar, darn, there was a clickable link that showed all that info! The Kinguin full pack seems pretty good. There is no mention of Heroes III HD, so maybe it is a regional thing where they package H3 also for Brazil (and charge more money) because it's really cheap, around 10 Euros, for my re...
by cjleeagain
Nov 16 2020, 17:09

I need some advice

Dear Friends and Forum members As I've said before, I paid for H7 vanilla. I never paid for extra content or expansion. Since I've lost my account, it would seem that I could either pay for H7 again (repulsive, but acceptable if there is a good deal that includes the expansion), or I should try hunt...
by cjleeagain
Oct 24 2020, 14:43

Thanks for your recommendations; both Age of Wonders and Endless Legend seem very up my alley actually. But I've decided not to get new games. Too much real world life to worry about to risk getting addicted. Seriously, my gaming skills are so bad now. I suspect my desire to play H6 and H7 is really...
by cjleeagain
Oct 10 2020, 19:23

I should admit here, that I did consider pirating the game. Torrents are still available online. But sad to say, I don't like H6 that much. I don't like it enough to want to pirate it, because any pirated version still requires me to scan using my Norton Antivirus, then install, then patch, then hac...

Go to advanced search