Search found 222 matches

by cjleeagain
31 Dec 2020, 17:34
Forum: Articles
Topic: Elwin and Shaera → The Lovers
Replies: 8
Views: 6684

Re: Elwin and Shaera → The Lovers

Incredible, my friend. This game is nearly 20 years old. But 3DO did such a great job that I am still learning something new everytime. Never thought Terrain Walk could be used on the battlefield. But your tactic is awesome. So that's how to use that wand of fire in map 1 to beat even the hardest wa...
by cjleeagain
26 Dec 2020, 18:45
Forum: Articles
Topic: Elwin and Shaera → The Lovers
Replies: 8
Views: 6684

Re: Elwin and Shaera → The Lovers

Wheeler Dealer I played this when I was younger, and finished on Champion. Now that I am older and have less time, I can't do that anymore. But based on my memories, I'm pretty sure you can do it on Champion if you want. For most campaigns including H4 vanilla campaigns, playing on Champion is truly...
by cjleeagain
24 Dec 2020, 15:18
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: fheroes2: Resurrection
Replies: 127
Views: 107823

Re: Free Heroes of Might and Magic II Resurrection

This is truly a labor of love. I don't know about the new AI, but most of the changes are so tiny that they are really about perfect polish. For example, I have played H2 for years and never even noticed that the phoenix's shadow was wrong. I really wish someone could improve H7's AI. H2 is lovely, ...
by cjleeagain
14 Dec 2020, 07:42
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: In Memory of Docent Picolan
Replies: 2
Views: 3582

Re: In Memory of Docent Picolan

I just had to ask.

Docent is actually an academic title right? So Docent Picolan isn't his real name. It's Picolan. And is that a family name or personal name? Why do we have no information about him? Surely if he led some development teams, there are people who do know him or have met him in life?
by cjleeagain
10 Dec 2020, 02:43
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Ubisoft's Latest Disaster for Me
Replies: 45
Views: 32994

Re: Ubisoft's Latest Disaster for Me

Maltz is the one who deserves praise! If this game is boring to me on Heroic, it must be doubly boring to Maltz on Hard. And even more of an aggravation to revisit when writing a walkthrough. And just think about what I was saying. It was a dull game, gameplay wise, until the final battle, which I c...
by cjleeagain
09 Dec 2020, 19:50

Okayyy just great. I went back in to fight that last battle vs Aslaug. This time I used instant reinforcement to get some more troops for my Ivan. But when I entered combat, I had a snail-like battle. Just can't explain, but everything moves ultra slow. So I quit game and went back in yet again. Thi...
by cjleeagain
09 Dec 2020, 14:36

nope, last battle is between Ivan and that female dwarf (should be Aislaug). Ivan leads a human army. (My other battles had been fought by the dwarf Bart). Anyway Aislaug's stats are ridiculous. Way higher than H5's Demon Sovereign. I feel irritated even typing this. For storyline purposes, I find i...
by cjleeagain
08 Dec 2020, 18:05

OK, just great. Final battle of the campaign, and I can't win. Maltz's walkthrough said it was easy, and most Heroes 7 hero battles have indeed been easy. But this one is extreme. My Ivan is at level 38. He probably could reach level 42 if I killed everything on the map and levelled twice at the Dra...
by cjleeagain
07 Dec 2020, 18:27

OK, just to update my progress with this game... (sharing my experiences which are different from Maltz's) Human/ Ivan campaign, map 2. just beat Svea, that level 43 Stormcaller with that mighty chain lightning. I couldn't help fighting her as she rushed me. Maltz recommends in his walkthrough that ...
by cjleeagain
07 Dec 2020, 06:10

Wimfrits, your skill with the HOMM game is well known. If a very average player like me can find Heroes 7 boring on heroic, I don't think you're going to get any challenge out of this game unless you play it a certain way. I suggested that way of playing this game several years ago, and I still endo...
by cjleeagain
06 Dec 2020, 07:25

Oh well, I restarted this damn map (Human campaign after Dwarven campaign, map 1) twice. Once I explored the NE, the other time the SE. It turns out that Bart is to be found in a random place in the mid-East. There's no particular reason why anybody would go to that place, but he's standing there an...
by cjleeagain
05 Dec 2020, 16:35

Okayyyyy Here I am, finally getting to play the last map of the Dwarven campaign. This is surprisingly hard. It's not as if the AI offers any real challenge on heroic - but that the timing is quite tight. You can't wander around and explore. I failed twice simply because of the timer. The instructio...
by cjleeagain
27 Nov 2020, 09:06

Panda Tar, Ubisoft's Products are not exactly addictive. That said, I just happily did some checking up other games. Randomly looking at 3 of the top rated games in 2020: Witcher 3, Control and Ghostrunner. Hard disk requirements are 40Gb, 43GB and 22GB respectively. Moreover they are first person s...
by cjleeagain
26 Nov 2020, 15:58

Okaaaaay Here I am on map 6 of the Dwarven campaign. Following Maltz's advice, I waited until day 7 of week 4 before freeing Kari. You'd think that now I have plenty of time in the middle phase of this map to do other things? Nope. Day 1 Week 5, Red AI player's top heroes Hangvul and Tolgar were at ...
by cjleeagain
23 Nov 2020, 02:26

Oh yes, I've already played it a lot.
by cjleeagain
22 Nov 2020, 13:38

Okay... just documenting a few things (this post will be changed in future when I make a walkthrough) Dwarven campaign mission 3, Greed is Good (or something like that). You're supposed to accumulate lots of wealth while defeating your four opponents allied against you. This is nowhere as tough as a...
by cjleeagain
21 Nov 2020, 12:36

Amazing, Pol! Your link led to so many other mods! What this tells me, is that it is not that difficult to mod this game. If it's not so hard to mod to get rid of bugs, can't the original guys who did it patch it properly? Pathetic Ubisoft quality. BTW Antalyan's mod almost led to a minor disaster f...
by cjleeagain
21 Nov 2020, 03:23

Now on mission 2 of the Trial By Fire campaign. It's dull and all the bugs are fully operational at v2.2.1. So my next action is to dl Antalyan's wonderful patch...
by cjleeagain
21 Nov 2020, 03:19

Hey I shut down my computer and restarted, and got a new IP address assigned to me. I'm back!
by cjleeagain
17 Nov 2020, 15:13
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Unoffical Community Patch (UCP)
Replies: 10
Views: 17036

Re: Unoffical Community Patch (UCP)

Antalyan, I was looking at the documentation for your mod. It says the game has to be at v 2.2.1, and must have both the original and trial by fire. I recall 2.2.1 was the last ever patch before they stopped all game support. Basically 1.8 jumped to 2.2.1. Am I right to understand that your mod will...

Go to advanced search