Search found 28 matches

by Sslaxx
Mar 8 2017, 11:09
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: H5 installation with Win 10
Replies: 7
Views: 4134

Re: H5 installation with Win 10

Had no issues using the Heroes 5 installers from GOG.
by Sslaxx
Mar 4 2017, 21:12
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Building a new PC ...
Replies: 38
Views: 22696

Re: Building a new PC ...

Cheaper prices on the older/current stuff would be great. This PC is slowly dying on its **** and I need to replace it before it does (and while I still have the financial ability to get another!).
by Sslaxx
Mar 2 2017, 23:38
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Tech Corner
Replies: 672
Views: 171064

Re: Tech Corner

There's been controversy over System Shock's shifting over to UE4 (don't get confused - there's the remake of 1, not yet a 2 remake, and a separate studio is working on SS3). As for me, I'm more concerned about UE4's **** Linux support. We shall see. So many games, so little (and ever-decreasing ala...
by Sslaxx
Feb 28 2017, 16:30
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: How is a mod like Chaos Conspiracy/MM7Rev4Mod made? Plus some questions.
Replies: 1
Views: 948

Re: How is a mod like Chaos Conspiracy/MM7Rev4Mod made? Plus some questions.

Well, there's http://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/10423 MMExtension and MMEditor nowadays for 6/7/8, but when Chaos Conspiracy was originally released these tools either did not exist or were considerably cruder than they are now. So for that one I suspect a fair whack of it did involve hexedit...
by Sslaxx
Feb 27 2017, 12:37
Topic: MMX Legacy expansion or MMXI?
Replies: 34
Views: 10747

Re: MMX Legacy expansion or MMXI?

The problem with a GOG release would be the need to untangle Uplay from the game - and it's embedded fairly deep (needing Ubi points for certain dungeons or other content, for example).
by Sslaxx
Feb 26 2017, 19:08
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Might and Magic in other games?
Replies: 2
Views: 2335

Might and Magic in other games?

One thing that surprises me is that there's little mod representation for M&M outside its own core series. There seems to have been an abortive attempt at recreating Mandate of Heaven - https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/92723-might-magic-6-remake-with-oblivion-engine/ - in Oblivion's...
by Sslaxx
Feb 22 2017, 20:44

Not at the moment, except for Showdown.
by Sslaxx
Feb 22 2017, 12:29

Limbic no longer have any involvement with M&M - if Showdown is any indication Ubisoft have taken development of it entirely in-house.

Go to advanced search