Search found 168 matches

by tnevolin
24 May 2022, 03:51
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM6 skill emphasis mod (#74)
Replies: 297
Views: 64965

Re: MM6 skill emphasis mod

The issue with incinerate is that its not double damage but +75% AND the spell should get a small compensation for being a endgame firemagic spell. Most other fire spells have other benefits, being AOE fx, incinerate doesnt and fire resistance is relatively common, so i'd suggest doubling damage vs...
by tnevolin
23 May 2022, 20:03

Yep. They do have variable recovery but this is usually 1 per skill. So at skill 10 you have a difference between 100 and 90 recovery which is pretty much negligible. Besides, they all are affected by this so the recovery can be easily excluded from comparison. Granted there are few outliers with to...
by tnevolin
23 May 2022, 17:18

I like the way you thinking of balance (as well as other participants on this thread - great job everybody!). My thoughts was in the same line as well. Here, look at "mm6.xls" attached. I changed extension to "jpg" - it doesn't allow non picture attachments. You need to download ...
by tnevolin
23 May 2022, 17:16

mm6.jpg
attachment

Hmm. Doesn't get attached. Don't know how to send it. Will try by email.

Here is the link to google drive.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true
by tnevolin
23 May 2022, 00:23

There are no immunities but there are resistances still. So not every time spell sticks to the monster. Need to test.
by tnevolin
22 May 2022, 22:45

Mass Curse is the one I would look at, to be honest. I don't even know what the Curse status does in MM6 when applied to a monster - presumably it would shut down some of the more dangerous spells/abilities but you reach a point where everything's immune to Magic and thus can't be cursed anyway (wh...
by tnevolin
22 May 2022, 22:41

shield: i think 1% should be fine, although its unclear to me what spells it protects against, it includes stuff like firebolt and lightning bolt right? i rather like the idea of shield adding damage tbh, makes it a real option so you can make your paladin with shield. Currently it protects from al...
by tnevolin
22 May 2022, 19:44

Thank you for active contribution, everybody.
I apologize that I won't be able to program anything major any time soon. Too busy with other stuff. Once I am back - I'll review all the notes there so be sure they won't be forgotten.
by tnevolin
22 May 2022, 19:42

The defensive side of things is more necessary than in vanilla too, because of the changes to combat. Want to actually get inside of Icewind Keep? Hope you have your defensive spells ready, because you're taking every single one of those shots. True. I was actually thinking about reducing weapon re...
by tnevolin
22 May 2022, 19:31

Thank you for playtesting it. You already helped to fix few things and gave great suggestions. shrapmetal: for some reason it autoaims, i agree that the others dont but shrap metal hurls every shard at nearest target. it needs the damage halved if its a ranged single target spell to bring it in line...
by tnevolin
21 May 2022, 23:39

Oops. Turns out I have a bug in my code and shield doesn't deflect projectiles. Fixed it now. Take the version 66. And yes, it is cumulative and multiplicative. It never goes to zero but can get pretty low. Meaning if you have 4 shield wearers at level 10 (with combined shield skill 40) then project...
by tnevolin
21 May 2022, 23:05

hmm tried the shield thing i dont think it stacks when you have several shieldbearers? honestly thats a relief it'd be way too strong for druids and to a lesser extent clerics if it did. I THINK it works for the bearer/highest rank, but i couldnt get high enough rank to really test that. Let me che...
by tnevolin
16 May 2022, 14:16

+50% hitpoint is a lot more than convenience unless you never take significant damage, it makes you much tougher making death and wipe much more rare. But like i said one can just not use it. Yes. I meant exactly that. Convenience + extra protection against instant death for price. I checked out th...
by tnevolin
15 May 2022, 16:04

With healing cost proportional to restored HP it wouldn't matter if you use the well or not. The amount of repair is cumulatively the same. With bigger max you'll just sustain damage longer and reduce number of temple visits. Same for healing spells. Mana cost proportional to restore in temple. +lev...
by tnevolin
14 May 2022, 20:19

+30 levels, its a huge boost of +50-100% hp/sp, it means even with your mod doubling monster damage im no longer in constant danger of dying by a few hits. it also means you can go twice as far pr rest/temple. +level does not give you HP/SP boost. It raises max only. One should also heal at the tem...
by tnevolin
14 May 2022, 18:53

+30 level well. Again, this should not increase knight/paladin damage. I believe I never tied these parameters to a character level. Everything should be tied to skill level . That is why it is a SkEm mod. Updated description title: https://github.com/tnevolin/mm6-skill-emphasis-mod/blob/master/Read...
by tnevolin
14 May 2022, 18:07

On the topic of the +30 Level Well: SkEm gives bonuses per level to weapon attacks for certain classes. +30 levels is a pretty significant increase with that in mind: a Champion is picking up +120 damage per attack just from drinking from the well. I believe this is per skill level . Probably not c...
by tnevolin
14 May 2022, 17:57

Extracted design idea from our conversation.
https://github.com/tnevolin/mm6-skill-e ... d/issues/2
by tnevolin
14 May 2022, 17:08

Honestly I always forget about the +30 Level Well (though in the context of SkEm it's a major boost). I might be missing something here but how its value is increased by SkEm? Isn't it just increase in max HP/SP, not their current values? On the subject of temple rebalancing: I was actually thinkin...
by tnevolin
14 May 2022, 16:53

Excellent feedback. Thank you. Before we go to the details let me tell you that M&M series weren't designed as a perfect strategical balanced game. It is mostly an adventure/story/fun game with very-very light and undeveloped RPG element. It proved to be best seller as such. Therefore, it is not...

Go to advanced search