Search found 171 matches

by tnevolin
30 May 2022, 04:29
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM6 skill emphasis mod (#74)
Replies: 297
Views: 66889

Re: MM6 skill emphasis mod

BTW: I've done a spreadsheet for damage. It doesn't take in consideration speed or attack(precision). I haven't added dual wield because I don't know how it is calculated, will work on it, if someone could give me the formula it's better. Feel free to play with it: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhWIp78etkxRi...
by tnevolin
29 May 2022, 23:21

Are you sure engine would work with decimals??? That's the news for me. If so, then sure. It'll make balancing easier. Do you have a test case to prove decimals are treated right? Sure, posting tomorrow. What I tested was reducing knight bonus weapon damage from 2 to 1.5. In the Stats the damage ch...
by tnevolin
29 May 2022, 23:05

Everybody, I apologize if I cannot answer each and every message. Last few weeks they are coming as exceptionally quick succession and I only have once a day to check my email. :( Feel free to reiterate it once more or post on Slack where I probably be able to answer specific questions faster. Needl...
by tnevolin
29 May 2022, 22:57

Sure. I thought about it. The heaviest problem dealing with whole numbers is that they are too small and don't leave enough wiggle room. Whereas changing some parameter by 1 in either direction make a huge change in result. Feel free to play with parameters to create better mix. I've checked into t...
by tnevolin
29 May 2022, 22:54

You add the Fire Bolt spell to Goblin, and assign it Novice Rank with skill level 1. This is before the monsterDamageMultiplier is applied to monster skill ranks (which raises it to Novice Rank with skill level 2). Is that the intended behavior for spells added to monsters that didn't have them bef...
by tnevolin
29 May 2022, 22:43

Got it, the only thing that bother me is that getting expert is a bit too easy. It depends on how valuable sub-expert skills are. If vanilla they are garbage. Therefore, getting expert easy in vanilla is a practical requirement. This mod give more value to sub-expert skills. So getting expert very ...
by tnevolin
29 May 2022, 15:14

I figured out part of why things are going pear-shaped, by the way. tnevolin, to confirm a thing: should a simple Goblin be casting Fire Bolt at Novice 1 or Novice 2? Because as things are on the git they're casting at Novice 2, but your monster ranged attacks block only assigned them Novice 1. htt...
by tnevolin
29 May 2022, 15:08

I feel like you're skipping the whole analysis portion of the process raekuul :) do you know what the problem is and how to fix it? When you're both reducing player damage and monster toughness the effort seems a little...unfocused? That is right. There are thousands ways to mix and match different...
by tnevolin
29 May 2022, 15:04

tnevolin: did you modify low-level spells before or after giving low-level spells to a bunch of monsters who traditionally don't have ranged attacks? Because eating all these mind blast spells is starting to hurt. Monsters use spells exactly same way as party. Meaning if the spell is modified they'...
by tnevolin
29 May 2022, 14:59

for the 2h damage bonus: basing it on mastery like everything else isn't a bad idea. Compounding it with promotion bonus damage is just asking for trouble (since promotion bonuses are also per rank of skill, so tying it all together kind of makes the Champion promotion even more of a holy grail for...
by tnevolin
29 May 2022, 14:52

I was thinking, how about having loot to have a level requirement? It could be cool to prevent abusing, allowing to make stronger late game items, and should be smarter than reworking all the shops and the chests. The idea is to make it requiring skill level, depending on the loot level, having som...
by tnevolin
29 May 2022, 14:47

edit3: okay so monster damage probably should be scaled relative to monster level, I just got a new game TPK'd by the goblins on top of the NS Self Guild. Also apparently extendedEngagementDistance doesn't do what I thought it was doing? I'm actually getting more Green pulls than I was before. I ne...
by tnevolin
29 May 2022, 14:38

ANNOUNCEMENT Guys, you are so active I cannot keep up with you. Let me help you organizing it a little more. I have created Slack workspace for everybody to communicate, share knowledge and ask quick questions about coding. Unfortunately, it is by invitation only. Whoever likes to join - send me yo...
by tnevolin
28 May 2022, 04:34

That gives 100 level monster 6.25 multiplier. Are you sure people will be able to beat these end game monsters?[/quote]Unless you moved where the Blaster Skill is obtained, you can do some tricky maneuvering to fight the bots one at a time in Control Center, so it's only the stronger class of Kreeg...
by tnevolin
28 May 2022, 04:19

https://i.imgur.com/YFvhb8P.png That's a first idea of how it could be. As soon as I'm back home I'll make a function to calculate how much damage is reduced on average for all the parameters, to see if there is need for adjustments and if enemies needs a different scaling. I've seen the formula on...
by tnevolin
28 May 2022, 04:03

Probably true at higher level, but early/mid game weapon are overtuned and spells weak in comparison. That could be because these low level attack spells. I didn't change them at all. Slight increase in their damage may even out things. what buffs are too strong at higher level? elemental resistanc...
by tnevolin
28 May 2022, 03:47

Malekitsu wrote: 27 May 2022, 14:42 Note: having super high resistance and adjusting enemies spells around that would make unlucky dice roll doing spiky damage, while a lower resistance would make a more solid and less spiky damage.
Didn't get the idea and also didn't understand what are you fixing.
by tnevolin
28 May 2022, 03:44

I can work on disentangling the core of Skill Emphasis from the difficulty/balance aspect of things (there's some really neat things going on in the balance work but it'll start veering off into New Experience in order to explore it properly), I just need a quick rundown of what's core SkEm, what's...
by tnevolin
28 May 2022, 03:17

monsterdamage: the formula of damage*(1vl/20+1.25) should be perfect. Regardless applying the formula only to main attack and spell rank (but not secondary attack) should smoothen the curve. Hopefully thats possible? That gives 100 level monster 6.25 multiplier. Are you sure people will be able to ...
by tnevolin
27 May 2022, 02:38

By maximizing searching best best weapon available at that moment in the game and put as much skill points as possible, kinda of optimizing the resources you have. Got it. Yep. Something fixable by skill progression formula or some counter parameters: monster toughness, etc. Nothing inherently flaw...

Go to advanced search