Search found 160 matches

by Erwinner
28 Feb 2016, 19:09
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: The Lost Tales of Axeoth
Replies: 50
Views: 36405

Re: The Lost Tales of Axeoth

Brien Herbert book, hundreds of Sherlock Holmes books - yes, thats a great example of perversion of original glorious products. The only thing in which our situation is different from SW Special Edition - Terry Ray scripts were unpublished and therefore cannot be considered canon at that stage. Fro...
by Erwinner
28 Feb 2016, 14:44

And in this discussion I'll take Marzhin's side. Yes, there weren't any nods to sci-fi background before in Heroes, but I think it is just silly to close eyes and pretend it does not exists, and separate M&M universe and Heroes universe in terms of lore. Lore is common for both, and to pretend ...
by Erwinner
27 Feb 2016, 21:58

lol no worries make no mistake, his opinion is the only one that matters to me as well lol actually after reading the whole story I have to take it back sorry, your idea is not canon just because he liked your idea to be honest, I think he's very very nice guy and would let Ubisoft put in whatever ...
by Erwinner
27 Feb 2016, 16:08
Forum: News
Topic: Contents Wanted
Replies: 48
Views: 23934

Re: Contents Wanted

We'd love to, if the modders get in touch with us. :) mods are one thing, most of the examples I list are whole other TBS games though who would not get in touch (some still linked to Heroes though), basically I wonder if there's mileage in covering games technically outside the franchise or even b...
by Erwinner
27 Feb 2016, 14:36
Topic: Contents Wanted
Replies: 48
Views: 23934

Re: Contents Wanted

is it true Celestial Heavens is on the way out mate, that would be a good run and a powerful reflection of terrible state of the franchise, could be a good decision if your heart isn't in it, but I don't see why you can't shift focus, why not cover mods, Fallen Enchantress, King's Bounty, Quantomas ...
by Erwinner
25 Feb 2016, 12:29
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Planning the new 'Unity campaign' for H4
Replies: 53
Views: 19632

Re: The new 'Unity campaign' for H4

I'd definitely play it and praise you to heaven mate, I can't play the H7 one, it's like a bad fan mod, (well technically it is lol,) also I think a H4 version should ignore the H7 map design because that's just one individual's fan fiction interpretation of the script, just go on the original text ...
by Erwinner
25 Feb 2016, 10:31
Topic: Ubisoft Release 1.7 and Unity
Replies: 29
Views: 20112

Re: Ubisoft Release 1.7 and Unity

another user from ten years ago said it best about the World of Erwin the World of Might & Magic® lol Ubi are either clever or stupid or both. Clever - keeping one group of people/writers as a creative control over the universe to give the different games within it one style. Stupid - they're re...
by Erwinner
22 Feb 2016, 16:57

doesn't magically make it authentic to be honest, there is still no way it would have been written into the original Heroes 4 script organically, sticks out like sore thumb lol To clarify, apart from this addition the script of the cutscenes is based on Terry's original story notes, that we (Terry ...
by Erwinner
22 Feb 2016, 15:37

Well to be fair although this was indeed my suggestion it was approved by Terry. I wouldn't have put it in without his consent. doesn't magically make it authentic to be honest, there is still no way it would have been written into the original Heroes 4 script organically, sticks out like sore thum...
by Erwinner
09 Feb 2016, 17:45
Topic: H7 1.7 Announced for February
Replies: 43
Views: 21882

Re: H7 1.7 Announced for February

whether they were malicious conspirators or just plain incompetent is all an irrelevant sideshow really, Hanlon's razor, I'd prefer they were malicious any day tbh because then at least we'd know what to expect lol I've seen plenty of insulting, deceptive behavior from Ubisoft throughout the dev cyc...
by Erwinner
07 Feb 2016, 22:19
Topic: H7 1.7 Announced for February
Replies: 43
Views: 21882

Re: H7 1.7 Announced for February

well look come on, it's no point coming in and talking **** about the community, it's like a politician or an activist haughtily giving two fingers to their electorate, whoever does that is simply out of touch, the community only has as much power as the fat cats give them, and their reaction is usu...
by Erwinner
31 Jan 2016, 13:47
Topic: Which Faction Do You Want Next?
Replies: 8
Views: 6298

Re: Which Faction Do You Want Next?

It's been a while sine Heroes VII was released, and the fans are hoping for expansions to be made speak for yourself please lol I would prefer better game built from the ground up or even no game to prolonging this disaster, and for factions wouldn't want any of those, I'd rather have the classic H...
by Erwinner
12 Jan 2016, 15:41
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Walk the Llama Llama
Replies: 12
Views: 9464

Re: Walk the Llama Llama

it's great that they found enough time and money to create comedy llamas nobody will use, instead of some new units not phoned in from Heroes 6 lol
by Erwinner
28 Dec 2015, 23:49
Topic: Lost Tales Coming February 2016
Replies: 4
Views: 3258

Re: Lost Tales Coming February 2016

Weaving stories from the pre-Ubisoft universe into the world of Ashan is something map makers have done in the past, but this is the first time such maps are coming from an official source. oh no it's not, this was done in Heroes 6 as well (no harm done though, I don't blame anyone for forgetting a...
by Erwinner
28 Dec 2015, 23:46
Topic: H7 Review Categories
Replies: 32
Views: 12540

Re: H7 Review Categories

Erwinner, I'm inclined to suggest that your point about going directly to the editor to find out what's possible, is just as pointless, as you suggest it is looking at the campaigns to see what can be done. It's called looking for inspiration. One can spend quite many hours testing wheter an idea i...
by Erwinner
19 Dec 2015, 23:16
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Rage of the Carrots 2015
Replies: 329
Views: 86256

Re: Rage of the Carrots 2015

lol
by Erwinner
15 Dec 2015, 13:59
Topic: So is this game worth buying?
Replies: 292
Views: 129244

Re: So is this game worth buying?

Mapmakers of the past had many ways to solve this problem, so fear not: Bigger Neutral Stacks Powerful enemy heroes scripted to attack you nonstop Periodic scripted events that take away your resources and give the AI free creatures or resources Forcing you to pass certain gates that take away anyt...
by Erwinner
14 Dec 2015, 22:55

I'm hoping that was a joke, since our independence as a fansite is one of the few things I'm really touchy on. If I were publicly accused of anything else, my trigger finger on the "ban" button would get awefully itchy. I don't want to go too far off topic, but to be clear: CH is an indep...
by Erwinner
14 Dec 2015, 19:21

@cjlee: Noted, I'll try out the RMG as well. @Galaad: I'm sorry, was that for me? Of course, if you don't like the design at all, having a functional editor may not matter to you, but as a community manager, I'm very interested in it. you are a community manager for Heroes 7? what? I thought you ar...
by Erwinner
12 Dec 2015, 22:28

no worries, just jeff's posts gave the clear impression he thought Galaad's comment was aimed at you guys lol

Go to advanced search