Search found 68 matches

by PatFX
03 Jun 2015, 15:47
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Call to H-IV mapmakers - AI enchancing scripts
Replies: 231
Views: 103976

It sounds very strange that warlords ring and ring of protection should only give +20% IF the hero has tactics..? I do believe it stacks upon offense/defense giving additional +20% or if none of those skills, just +20%. Atleast that's what I recall people have determined earlier I did few test (fir...
by PatFX
01 Jun 2015, 21:16

New ranged weapon list: Horned Bow (+50) Emerald Longbow (+30) Bow of the elf King (+5, additionnal range attack) Nomad Blackbow (+20) Sniper's Crossbow (+3, no penalty) Spear of the Centaur (+8, no melee penalty) David's Sling (friendly ranged creatures +50% to level4 creatures) (if vRanged and vLe...
by PatFX
01 Jun 2015, 20:43

The Barbarian Throwing Club should be higher, because stun is very useful. I'd probably also put the regular Crossbow above the Longbow, because it gives the Long Range ability (not complete range penalty removal, but nearly so). I'd also put the Nomad Blackbow below the Bow of the Elf King, becaus...
by PatFX
01 Jun 2015, 20:28

I think Centaurs Spear might Be better than Snipers Crossbow, as the spear removes all melee penalty for troops, and the crossbow gives No ranged penalty to the hero (if I remember correct) Sniper's Crossbow remove all range penalty (H4) for heroes and creatures and all ranged and obstacle penalty ...
by PatFX
01 Jun 2015, 15:05

For ranged weapon, some are good if there is ranged creature, but totaly useless if there is no ranged creatures in the troop. For that reason, I think we should look at 2 things: 1- Is there any ranged creature in the troop (If total number of Titan or Monk or Cyclopes or ...... > 0, then set vRang...
by PatFX
29 May 2015, 21:10

This thread is about ideas to tweak the AI / make things more difficult / interesting. I agree. Regarding your idea of giving different set according to difficulty, I think it's a good idea, but we will need to remove those set when the heroes are defeat, and give them back if they go out of prison...
by PatFX
29 May 2015, 15:12

Regarding artifact (iLiVeInAbOx05 suggestion) and all other way to change the difficulty, I got few good ideas. There is a lot of different thing we can do for difficulty. Let's finish the artifact priority discussion for AI first, then we could talk about difficulty. I'm a little bit busy right now...
by PatFX
26 May 2015, 14:49

Here is my list for Armor: Armor of Chaos (20, Order Ward) (if opposing troop is Order) Armor of Death (20, Life Ward) (if opposing troop is Life) Armor of Life (20, Death Ward) (if opposing troop is Death) Armor of Order (20, Chaos Ward) (if opposing troop is Chaos) Unnatural Armor (20, Nature Ward...
by PatFX
26 May 2015, 13:49

Hi guys, I did some test with Neckalce of Charm, Statesman's Medal and Ankh of Life and I did found something interresting: If the hero has Neckalce of Charm or Statesman's Medal equip before combat, you can get creature even if you put an other neckalce on an encounter script. it Means that charm/D...
by PatFX
26 May 2015, 01:42

Yeap, you're missing the fact that Mind shield makes friendly troops immune to all mind spells, not all hostile mind spells, thus it makes blesses (= entirety of Life Magic) completely useless. I did some test (with 90% of all spell), and the only spell that I can't cast on my troop was: 1- Bloodlu...
by PatFX
26 May 2015, 01:05

Yet, for another counterexample, if you get positive morale, are slower than the enemy, and next turn you don't get positive morale, the enemy moves twice on you. Also, shooting early usually means with worse accuracy than after the enemies have already moved. ...but if the computer is slower on tu...
by PatFX
25 May 2015, 21:05

Yeap, you're missing the fact that Mind shield makes friendly troops immune to all mind spells, not all hostile mind spells, thus it makes blesses (= entirety of Life Magic) completely useless. That's a good fact. How is it any good against humans? In HoMM4 all morale does is make troops move a bit...
by PatFX
25 May 2015, 19:12

Hi guys! The list for Boots look OK. For helmet: Mind shield(all mind spell, including blind) is better than Helm of seeing (only blind spell), (or maybe I'm missing something....) For set item (Tiger helm) I really think we should look if the set is complete. Tiger set is really good. Imagine the h...
by PatFX
22 May 2015, 14:02

The hero will have 1 - (1-0.5)*(1-0.7) = 0.85, or 85% Magic Resistance.
You are right. I thought it was additive, but no..... it's multiplicative.... so the only way to get 100% MR is invulnerable cloak or Grandmaster magic resistance....
by PatFX
21 May 2015, 21:04

By "Cap of Protection" I assume you mean the Cape of Protection... .... my english is not really good..... Yes, I means Cape.... :) I just tested some hero vs. hero (same skills and levels) and with Angel Feather Cloak hero gets +300 hits points. Now it takes more than twice as many turns...
by PatFX
21 May 2015, 17:26

I had no time for luck/moral test last night..... Regarding combat of computer vs neutral, I think it's better to remove a % of creatures from the neutral instead of giving creatures to the computer and then remove some creatures. Regarding the artifact list: After you remove all artifact from the h...
by PatFX
20 May 2015, 21:27

Is the script placed on the neutral or the computer? I did some test with both, test on neutral and computer and nothing works... I will try with att/def, but I want to do some more test first with luck/moral because sometime, the computer fight without heroes in his troop. Regarding the artifact s...
by PatFX
20 May 2015, 17:54

2) Decreasing of luck and morale doesn't affect a quick combat, so I still prefer giving creatures at time of battle. I did some test about decreasing/increasing luck and moral. In one of my map, I use these kind of script, but I change the owner of the neutral for red player (me), so I control the...
by PatFX
19 May 2015, 20:59

I think you're wearing the wrong kind of glasses
Not sure where you found the Robe of the Guardian quote..
You did put a script on your reply:

Conditionnal: if someone Quote then remove text.....

Nice!!

;)
by PatFX
19 May 2015, 20:41

The Idea of the Robe of Guarding script is already found in Equilibris Seriously?? Not potion of immortality..... Robe of the Guardian.....??? About scripts running on neutrals, encountered scripts should run on neutrals if my memory is correct (sadly I have no way of testing this atm). Encounter s...

Go to advanced search