Search found 68 matches

by PatFX
26 Jun 2015, 19:23
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Call to H-IV mapmakers - AI enchancing scripts
Replies: 231
Views: 104058

This is just a general question of "does it stack or not". If it stacks, give all of them the hero has. If it doesn't stack, give one. And it's something that would totally be fit for inclusion on a website article, too, since it's important for gameplay reasons. Most Ring and Misc stacks...
by PatFX
26 Jun 2015, 14:17

Good! Thanks Maciek! It looks pretty simple. I will get a look at h4util. I think then, I will be able to do a little programm that will automaticaly detect each hero, then modified and insert script for each hero. I will be really happy if we can easily use the recursive methode#2, because we will ...
by PatFX
26 Jun 2015, 04:46

But if 2 heroes join army, will the artifact script run like the messages from your example, so it doesn't end up on just the one of them? If method #1 is use (without recursive script), there is no problem. Each hero can have the exact same script and all variable for artifact can have the same na...
by PatFX
25 Jun 2015, 15:55

Then it also shouldn't be necessary to add hero 1, 2, 3.. I'm not sure if we can differ between 2 or more heroes in the same army, though. What do you mean?? I will do the script on 1 hero and the same script can then be copy (I hope) on all hero on the map. I already use a similar script for artif...
by PatFX
25 Jun 2015, 15:18

I have not finish the left hand list yet, but one thing I want you to know is that we will not look for Scroll and Parchment with this script, I think you can understand why. 8|
by PatFX
25 Jun 2015, 14:48

I tried to do a similar thing with artifacts, but using PatFx's suggested variables (set to +1), but all artifacts would end up on the first hero. So I don't have any simple solution.. I had the exact same problem. The way triggerable event works: Let's say there is 4 hero on the map with all the s...
by PatFX
25 Jun 2015, 09:46

The first issue is that we have 1 variable e.g Longsword, which will check the amount on ALL AI heroes. If triggered they all go off at the same time, and we must assume the heroes carries different numbers of a given artifact, so will the game be able to tell the difference between hero 1 carrying...
by PatFX
25 Jun 2015, 09:18

Yea, I've been thinking about the latter, but why can't you add, for hero 2, a script called "redirect1" that simply calls LongswordTakeCount1? I can't because the script LongswordTakeCount1 will be executed for each hero on the map. I mean, we can if we do this: Hero#1: Encounter: set va...
by PatFX
25 Jun 2015, 01:44

How many artifacts do you think it is required to check for in the script? I'm more concerned about complexity, as there is already a good amount of artifacts, and each additional check is multiplied with all artifacts. I'm more thinking that to limit complexity, all artifacts would be equipped onl...
by PatFX
23 Jun 2015, 17:38

It depends on wheter we Can put variables on artifacts if there is 2 or more. Then we Can give back all but still ensure AI doesnt equip 3 Stunning Arrow. The first artifact that we give back is put in an empty equip slot. There is an easy way to solve this (equip 3 Arrow), but the script will be b...
by PatFX
23 Jun 2015, 14:37

New weapon list (with defense priority over attack damage for low level weapon): Sword of the God (+3 attack/defense, +50% friendly) Axe of Legend (+8 attack, +40% friendly) True Gryphonheart Blade (+8 attack, +40% friendly) Crusader’s Mace (+30% friendly) Bull Rune Battleaxe (+50 attack) Frost Hamm...
by PatFX
22 Jun 2015, 21:37

Weapons: keeping in mind that attack isn't as useful as defence I totally agree! The Axe isn't as useful as the Giant Slayer and Angel's Blade in that regard. In fact, it's probably not as useful as the Longsword, either. Then, the Greatsword is two-handed, so I'd put it below the Dwarven Hammer. T...
by PatFX
22 Jun 2015, 21:03

Few little things I want to talk to you about the artifact script: 1- You know that if the hero has few items of the same type (for exemple: 3 Longsword, 1 equip and 2 in the backpack) and you remove a Longsword with a script, the first Longsword that will be remove is one in the backpack. So we wil...
by PatFX
22 Jun 2015, 19:12

About weapons, I'd say the opposite of what Karmakeld said. In your list, the magic-related weapons are underestimated if anything. Heroes rarely fight in melee, and if they do, they're on the losing end of it. Meanwhile a lot of heroes know at least one school of magic. And Resurrection is useful ...
by PatFX
22 Jun 2015, 15:11

Misc list: Encounter script: Flaming Arrow (3*3 yard) Maranthea's Mug (+3 moral) Spider's Silk Arrow (Bind) Arrow of Stunning Arrow of Slaying (Slayer) Four Leaf Clover (+1 luck) Gambler's Deck (+1 luck) Horshoes ((+1 luck) Crest of Valor (+1 moral) Crystal of Memory (Immune to Forgetfulness) Poison...
by PatFX
22 Jun 2015, 14:20

At the beginning, I had place the Saint Ranan's Staff exacly where you said (because I personnaly don't like 2 hand weapon), then I change it because I tought that it could be usefull for resurect, but I agree, the target group is small. For Staff of Power - OK.... And for the only "IF", i...
by PatFX
18 Jun 2015, 13:52

Hi guys, here is my list for weapons: Tiger set Sword of the God (+3 attack/defense, +50% friendly) Angel’s Blade (+3 attack/defense, +50% friendly vs Death) (if opposing troop is Death) Axe of Legend (+8 attack, +40% friendly) True Gryphonheart Blade (+8 attack, +40% friendly) Crusader’s Mace (+30%...
by PatFX
05 Jun 2015, 15:19

Can you guys see where I'm going at????
I can see and I agree.... It can become a real nightmare for scripting. Lets keep it simple first and then we will see if we can add some simple script.
by PatFX
04 Jun 2015, 16:51

Game checks all heroes for highest attack bonus, consisting of skills and artifacts, and applies it to creatures. Then it checks all heroes for highest defense bonus, consisting of skills and artifacts, and applies it to creatures. Then for luck and morale. These heroes giving attack, defense, luck...
by PatFX
03 Jun 2015, 22:55

If I understand this right, what he's saying is that tactics works on the same code as morale (think leadership). If there are two heroes with leadership, one basic, the other advanced, the result is +2 morale (the better of the two). And if anyone in the party equips an artifact that gives +1 to m...

Go to advanced search