Search found 50 matches

by Milos Gajic
17 Sep 2015, 16:55
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H5 Naming Random Towns
Replies: 8
Views: 5976

Re: H5 Naming Random Towns

Actually I've set two border garissons near eachother (not too close), one belonging to one country and the other to the other. As guards I like to place monsters that have no retaliation policy against them or retaliate unlimited times (grifins, hell hounds) or creatures that attack two times (slay...
by Milos Gajic
16 Sep 2015, 16:01

I got ya now. Yeah, when I wanted each player to have a string of a matching random towns, it bugged me too that new names didn't stick. I think it has to be because you cannot archive a file that the game will call up when randomzing <LOL>towns at start. Btw, I tried not using the nice town window...
by Milos Gajic
16 Sep 2015, 08:38

I guess I don't understand why you would choose Random if you want all the players towns to match. When I wanted the same as I "think" you described,, I picked the same faction-town and then changed the specialty and then the name and they did stick. Because, let's say that player 1 has 3...
by Milos Gajic
14 Sep 2015, 07:34

H5 Naming Random Towns

Hi, I've got a problem. I've been working on a multiplayer map and I added several towns belonging to each player but I made them random, not fully random, each town of one player is the same as the others of that color, also, I named the towns and gave them a custom description. But when I start th...
by Milos Gajic
25 Jul 2015, 14:02
Topic: HOMM V ToE !!!HELP!!! Missing Hero, corrupting map?!
Views: 6491

Re: HOMM V ToE !!!HELP!!! Missing Hero, corrupting map?!

1. No heroes on map but map says there is hero at specific location. 2. Map suddenly non-playable in game. (it shows up ok in scenario menu but START GAME menu stays grey and un-executable) 1. Maybe by editing the shared files of your hero you accidetaly deleted it's model file and made it invisibl...
by Milos Gajic
25 Jul 2015, 13:36
Topic: HOMM V ToE !!!HELP!!! Missing Hero, corrupting map?!
Views: 6491

Re: HOMM V ToE !!!HELP!!! Missing Hero, corrupting map?!

I would rather have a functioning map with no special hero than a special hero on a useless map that I spent weeks developing. Just an idea, can't you create an ordinary hero of the race you want and just add the face texture of the hero you want (agbeth or whichever). If this hero has his special ...
by Milos Gajic
17 Jul 2015, 07:51
Topic: HOMM5: Moving boats via script
Replies: 3
Views: 3398

Re: HOMM5: Moving boats via script

idk, thought I'd make sure you are setting to the correct floor? And did you try the movement on the same level first? The "name of boat" throws me. What do you read when it is placed on the map? Anyway, as I said idk but I thought of a work-around, if wanted. Since you can "remove a...
by Milos Gajic
06 Jul 2015, 11:27
Topic: HOMM5: Moving boats via script
Replies: 3
Views: 3398

HOMM5: Moving boats via script

Is there a way to move boats via script?

I tried SetObjectPosition("NameOfTheBoat", x, y, floor); but the game crashes!!!

Why doesn't this work when for example enemy heroes or stacks of creatures can be moved this way?
by Milos Gajic
25 Jun 2015, 17:28
Topic: HOMM 5 Multiplayer maps
Replies: 22
Views: 15897

Map progress update!!!

I just wanted to say how far have I got with my map: Right now I've got about 6k lines of script and about 2mb map file size. I made about half of the map objects in place and maybe about third of the quests done and working(IDK, I don't plan the sidequests up front so there may be even more then up...
by Milos Gajic
08 Jun 2015, 17:37

Re: markkur was very busy

I did. :) Ok, I didn't know if it was updated on the site since there was no reply, also there was still a misspelling of my name present in the maptesting screen which I thought I wrote wrong when first sending the map, but after I changed it in the update it remained misspeled. I don't care about...
by Milos Gajic
08 Jun 2015, 16:26

Re: markkur was very busy

About corruption. I fixed my corrupted map! It is uploaded here for maptesting but I sent two versions, the first had a bug and I don't know if staff uploaded the other one I had sent. If you want to try it and tell me your opinion download it on maps4heroes - it is called Something different, beca...
by Milos Gajic
06 Jun 2015, 08:49

It doesn't help anymore, but one should always make backup copies... I do not have experiences with crashed maps, so i am of limited help. Perhaps you can try to open the file with zip archiver and see whether you get access to at least some of the files? As far as i remember the map is in fact an ...
by Milos Gajic
05 Jun 2015, 18:57

Map corrupted during the game, how?

I was making a multiplayer map in parallel with this singleplayer map that I ask questions here for. I almost finished it and during the testing the game froze, I had to restart my computer, and when I tried to open that map with the editor after the restart it said it was corrupted. Has this happen...
by Milos Gajic
04 Jun 2015, 07:57

markkur was very busy

By the way markkur was very busy these days, I checked maps4heroes.com and he's got like 20 maps that I think are new. And he's most downloaded so far, so NICE WORK markkur!!! Oh, and Pitsu, you're Estonian? I checked under your name on maps4heroes and there's only Ruins in the desert map, then I sa...
by Milos Gajic
04 Jun 2015, 07:44

Re: Yeah I did that a while ago and...

I have not tried global variables (my map editor crashes at least half of the times i open it), but for instance "while GetDate(DAY_OF_WEEK) == 3 do" would make the thread to run only on 3rd day of every week. Well this doesn't work for me, I wanted to write a thread that will work only w...
by Milos Gajic
01 Jun 2015, 13:20

Multiple threads in parallel are probably more likely to cause lags in weaker computers, but if you can start the threads at separate times it may be more economic to have them separated. And you always can play with the sleep parameter in threads. That's exactly why I asked! I have a computer that...
by Milos Gajic
27 May 2015, 15:32

I'll ask you something. how does a guy get the full up and down "surface-screens" that I see at map4heroes? Is that a console function? I can get screens in the editor but not those complete level shots. You mean the screen shot of the whole map? If that, then I don't know, but when I upl...
by Milos Gajic
26 May 2015, 18:39

I really Just logged-on to say; Good job...you are progressing well. Thanks About the Weeks, Quantomas in his "J" was able to change the number of creatures generated...you might investigate that. I found out how to do this. It was actually very easy - there was a box in the editor that s...
by Milos Gajic
12 May 2015, 19:41
Topic: HOMM5: Random creature weeks
Replies: 4
Views: 5116

Ok

Sorry, it was a question because I do not trust the editor, not because i wanted to mock you. Well, I am sorry but it really sounded like that. Anyway, I will try it in the morning since now I have other things to do, like watching Champions league Bayern Munich vs Barcelona :) alas my favorite is ...
by Milos Gajic
12 May 2015, 18:34
Topic: HOMM5: Random creature weeks
Replies: 4
Views: 5116

TNX

Pitsu wrote:does it not stop random monster weeks?
Thanks Pitsu, and just a note: I don't really like that ironic tone of the answer, not all of us here are the experts in the field of map making...

Go to advanced search