Search found 1034 matches

by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 22:01
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Simultaneous retal?
Replies: 91
Views: 27860

This is on a map that was developed really carefuly and we use it most of the times for vs matches. Fortress gets the Azure dragon if the other town is Castle but that's it. Everyone has to play with population only from their castle. And getting several level 7 creatures would be pretty bad, first ...
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 21:48

Gnolls are pretty useless, I replace them with anything that is as fast or faster then the Archangel. We agree on that before the match starts. Usually it's one Azure Dragon guarded by 40 Black Dragons.
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 21:39

No. You have to develop an antistrategy for each town. I always asume the other guy has got either mass haste, mass slow or mass prayer.
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 21:07

I've played with Castle players who know what they are doing, me being usually Dungeon or Fortress, and sometimes I would win and sometimes I would lose, however there was no rush tactic of which you are saying. None of the matches were quickly decided.
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 21:00

As I've said before Armageddons wasn't never used for MP, and if it's SP you're talking about, well, exploiting that isn't hard in any game.
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 20:51

If that were the case then Heroes 3 wouldn't have been such an instant classic. Haste, Slow, Disabling, Berserking, Flying, Range, Speed, Hero specials, Stats, all comes into account. It's not like we're fighting with 7x1hp units that rush out in the field and insta-kill the other ones.
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 20:44

But what if you use sylvan against dungeon?Since most of sylvan units are faster then their dungeon couterparts,youll be able to win without your opponent getting a shot.Your right,that helps a lot! Sylvan against Dungeon does spell disaster for my poor babies, but, that's only the state of things ...
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 20:37

So if Im given a chance to actually use my units even if your units are way faster,its called turtleing?Interesting. It is intresting, because I'd really like to see the bright person who would develop a game bringing all fast vs all slow units in the field then balancing the it around those condit...
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 20:28
Topic: IMO : "No Waiting" for units?
Replies: 49
Views: 20065

It is, it makes you lose your entire turn. I really hope they put wait + defend back.
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 20:15

Oh right,thats really bad!Its way better for you to crush my stack with no damage.Yes,thats way more fun! Hey if you like to turtle around, then knock yourself out. That's your opinion. :| 8| So with simretal it is the same if you attack that stack of behemots with your peasants and your angels bec...
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 19:47

@LordHoborgXVII Youre kidding,right?Simretal gives you free for all and emphasizes sheer brute force?Wait,youve lost me there.I could say the same for turn ratl in this maner:Well,if you manage to get enough force to oblitherate your enemys stack with one attack,than you can just go from battle to ...
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 19:35
Forum: News
Topic: The Artifacts of Heroes V
Replies: 23
Views: 6065

The Artifacts of Heroes V

I hope they add population and tome artifacts like we had in H3.
Edited on Tue, Feb 07 2006, 12:35 by Infiltrator
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 19:26

Gaidal, the problem you are saying is affected by mass haste/mass slow being too strong in Heroes 3 (which I agree on), and has less to do with sim retilations. If mass haste/slow were not as much powerful I am almost sure no one would have came up with introducing sim turns.
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 18:16

Well, I for one dislike sim.retilation, because I want, like in chess, to have an upper hand in attacking. If I position myself so that the enemy will fall to my attack first he deserves to be beaten, and the other way around, if I expose my troops, then go ahead and take advantage of my mistakes. E...
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 14:57
Topic: Sylvan
Replies: 19
Views: 11244

Actually, of all towns the sylvan is the CHEAPEST. The most expensive ones are Academy and Dungeon.
by Infiltrator
07 Feb 2006, 14:11
Topic: Sylvan
Replies: 19
Views: 11244

Academy has a very strong special to boost its low levels,but its high levels loose because of this. High levels lose because of it? So an initiative, speed, luck, defense, offense ect is useless on titans? Sure no one in the right mind would add hp or damage upgrade on titans, but there is plenty ...
by Infiltrator
06 Feb 2006, 20:42

DaemianLucifer wrote:Ok,then explain why those ideas were bad.
I'm working on ... something more important at the moment (hint hint), later perhaps when I have time.
by Infiltrator
06 Feb 2006, 20:01

DaemianLucifer wrote: And what bad ideas are those?FoW?Heroes on battlefield?Simultaneous retaliation?Heroeless armies?
Exactly.
by Infiltrator
06 Feb 2006, 19:53
Forum: Articles
Topic: Dungeon Dwellings
Replies: 10
Views: 4787

Dungeon Dwellings

I wonder how all those creatures (except dragons wich can fly) can get down to the ground.

Why, didn't you know - there's an elevator in the central part of the cavern :D
by Infiltrator
06 Feb 2006, 18:31

Some things can be blamed on it launching early (like bugged grid) but some don't have an excuse - the whole game looked like it was taking place in a plastic world with rubber dragons. The fact remains, the mix of some bad ideas and early release, H4 spelled disaster.

Go to advanced search