Search found 1034 matches

by Infiltrator
06 Feb 2006, 18:19
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Simultaneous retal?
Replies: 91
Views: 28017

I never really played conflux like most people in MP as Armageddons blade was there more like a single player add-on, SoD was the version of choice for MP matches for a reason. And anyone banning necro from MP whatsoever is pretty sad, as their strength comes directly from the type of map and number...
by Infiltrator
06 Feb 2006, 17:53

RK, that's a problem of bad initiative starting positions and small battlefield, has nothing to do with simultaneous retilations. Heroes 3 was much more balanced and it didn't include simultaneous turns. The attacker should get the priority over the defended as bringing a battlefield to someone else...
by Infiltrator
06 Feb 2006, 17:06

Simultaneous retilation does stink, and the battlefield size may not be final just yet.
by Infiltrator
06 Feb 2006, 12:29
Topic: Sylvan
Replies: 19
Views: 11298

Ask any of the Open Beta Helpers which town is the most powerful and we'll all say Sylvan. The poll results here on CH are nowhere close to the real estimation, I can assure you of that. Sylvan has only one slow unit, every other has extremely high initiative and damage output. Couple that with Aven...
by Infiltrator
06 Feb 2006, 12:13
Topic: Changes to make Heroes 5 buyable
Replies: 45
Views: 21819

No might town? Haven and Inferno are both might oriented haven leaning more on defence and inferno relying more on offence. Daemian, Dungeon is supposed to have the strongest individual troops but lack of numbers. As for dungeon not being like I said yet, lots of balance is still to be done so who k...
by Infiltrator
06 Feb 2006, 09:35

I myself played civ 3 and 4 a bit, but just couldn't find myself in that game. Heroes is by far more enjoyable to me, which doesn't mean I think civ 'sucks', quite the opposite. I see why people love it, but it's not what I consider fun. All those titles arthureloi mentioned (except nwn imo) are leg...
by Infiltrator
05 Feb 2006, 22:56
Topic: Heroes on battlefield
Replies: 109
Views: 37233

Not precisely, but you may have missed my point. Heroes aren't immortal. Their life is directly linked to their army's survivability. If your creatures get destroyed, it doesn't matter whether your hero can sling around chain lightning or not. By making heroes vulnerable, you turn the entire army i...
by Infiltrator
05 Feb 2006, 16:05
Topic: Fog of War where are you?
Replies: 56
Views: 21561

Im used to HIV,yet I almost never have enough armies to leave some as scouts.Maybe one protector at a choke point,and that is all.And in HIV you have no need for windmill and dwelings collectors.So I guess in HV,you would barely have enoguh armies for this(which is good,in a way).Without FoW,you ju...
by Infiltrator
05 Feb 2006, 11:25

There's a very real limit to this which is that you can only have a certain number of heroes on the adventure map (is it still 8?). Also you're limited by funds because that idea gets expensive, and you still miss important things even after doing that. Anyway, this adds strategy to the game. You h...
by Infiltrator
05 Feb 2006, 01:17

Francesco, to me FoW in heroes would just add tedium, frankly it would be very easy to keep it open - sending lots of level one heroes around and keeping it "lit", but nival forsaw this and didn't implement it. Perhaps it's fun to you but sending mini heroes around so I can see everything ...
by Infiltrator
04 Feb 2006, 20:35

No,I never acted like "there was no heroes before HIV",but I also hate the "nothing from HIV must be implemented" law.Plenty of us hated the invulnerability of heroes before HIV was even thought of,and I was always among them.Even before heroes on battlefield came in HIV there w...
by Infiltrator
04 Feb 2006, 20:08

If you can't understand that I wasn't comparing the elements that represent the genres that is fine. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, but if you can't see my point then it's useless to discuss it.
by Infiltrator
04 Feb 2006, 19:42

I'm comparing genres, not actual games.
by Infiltrator
04 Feb 2006, 19:37

Heroes were invulnerable, boosting stats, and casting spells before Heroes IV, you're acting as if there wasn't anything before that. And I think it's a good thing that concept is brought back. Why, because when they were vulnerable and godlike, you actually had to kill them, now they may be invulne...
by Infiltrator
04 Feb 2006, 19:34

The TBS genre, unlike the RTS/FPS isn't filled with cookie cutter games. That's all I have to say to you.
by Infiltrator
04 Feb 2006, 17:52
Topic: If you aren't using your key, PLEASE email it to me!
Replies: 20
Views: 11729

You can actually activate the game 3 times with the same key. I gave my key to a friend so he can play singleplayer and I was able to install it on my comp, but I got only one activation left now.

Edit: bleh I posted just after you :p
by Infiltrator
04 Feb 2006, 14:44

Re: Changes to make Heroes 5 buyable

Confusing 3D interface and the necessity (not option) to rotate the camera to get about. As it says in the readme, cameras and priority-targets on the adventure map interfaces are not final. Ridiculous battleground size I agree, but the battlefield size like many other elemets is still under consid...
by Infiltrator
04 Feb 2006, 14:06

wohoooo, but ur argument is that fow goes better with RTS!!!, ha, guess that u have the psico-disease "i hate H4" It does go better with RTS, your remark would be valid if I said that Heroes and Civ were comparable, but I actually said the opossite. I guess you have the "jump-to-conc...
by Infiltrator
03 Feb 2006, 00:09
Topic: building up your town. a process longer than ever?
Replies: 18
Views: 9368

Well, the upg. Rakshasa is easily the best all-around level 6 unit. Huge HP, No retaliation and a self - buff that sky-rockets their initiative is well worth 16000 gold + resources.
by Infiltrator
03 Feb 2006, 00:05
Forum: Articles
Topic: New Building Information
Replies: 14
Views: 6447

Buildings

It's easy - each building adds one level.

Go to advanced search