Search found 102 matches

by gourley4p
Oct 20 2015, 14:37
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Bug reports after patch 1.2
Replies: 28
Views: 9843

Re: Bug reports after patch 1.2

crislevin wrote:When enemy heroes are eliminated, their flag symbols often remain on the minimap for the remainder of the game.

I see this one all the time. It seems to go away with a fresh load of a save file, but I seldom take the time to do that.
by gourley4p
Oct 16 2015, 18:14
Topic: So is this game worth buying?
Replies: 291
Views: 47474

Re: So is this game worth buying?

Now, how to know what's really fixed? :disagree: What happens when you play? That's how I am basing my judgments. My experience isn't the only one in the world, and I'll take note of problems other have and red flags to share with friends considering a purchase. But I always feel like first-hand ex...
by gourley4p
Oct 15 2015, 18:40
Topic: How did my campaign hero get warpath?
Replies: 6
Views: 2334

Re: How did my campaign hero get warpath?

@briancodom, please be sure to send your save file to gomaki. He actively watches these forums and investigates bugs for people.
by gourley4p
Oct 12 2015, 22:31
Topic: If you could give the Might & Magic IP to any company...
Replies: 24
Views: 6228

Re: If you could give the Might & Magic IP to any company...

The thing is, when did the last Shining Force game come out? The nineties? The most recent one was 2014. Shining Resonance , I think. If your question about when the last Shining game with turn-based strategy game play came out, that might have been Shining Force Feather in 2009. And even then, the...
by gourley4p
Oct 12 2015, 17:12

I am a fan of the series, but I don't need more of MMH6. That game got so tedious I didn't play any scenarios after the campaigns (and even dragging myself through the campaigns was a huge chore). I experienced the same, Banedon. The Town Portal spell in MMH6 was very broken and made conflicts with...
by gourley4p
Oct 12 2015, 12:33
Topic: Bug reports
Replies: 43
Views: 10602

Re: Bug reports

BB Shockwave wrote:I finally fixed it with clicking Autodeploy - that put the units there.

Thanks for sharing this. It has helped me a few times.
by gourley4p
Oct 10 2015, 18:30
Topic: Which campaign first
Replies: 20
Views: 6394

Re: Which campaign first

I agree with many comments about the "still" shots of the Councilor Table, that it comes off awkward and really screams "We ran out of money!" But, that being said, I overall like the 2-D stills during the opening mission and I like the dialogue method during the mission so far....
by gourley4p
Oct 6 2015, 19:06

But what's posted here comes from people whose opinion I value highly. You know, the folks here do seem fairly level-headed. It very seldom seems like they are complaining because they want to dislike the game. They describe legitimate technical issues they encounter. We could all debate the design...
by gourley4p
Oct 6 2015, 17:00

Wimfrits, keep in mind a number of people are too busy playing and having fun to be posting here. However, the struggle is real for many.
by gourley4p
Oct 6 2015, 2:39

So, I did finish the Sylvan campaign tonight. I really like the map design on the fourth stage. I started the Stronghold campaign and am enjoying the challenge of the first stage so far.
by gourley4p
Oct 5 2015, 14:27

It's interesting how two different people can play the game and get wildly varying viewpoints. I play Heroes VII and immediately brand it as better than everything in the series except V and III at launch. I expect it to get better with time, and the return of a good map editor means I can look forw...
by gourley4p
Oct 5 2015, 13:33

So, I should finish the Sylvan campaign tonight. I really have enjoyed it so far. It has had a fun theme and decent encounters. So far, I would say the second map is the most challenging, but we'll see how I feel after tonight. Up next for me likely will be Stronghold. I don't really enjoy that fact...
by gourley4p
Oct 2 2015, 19:56

. I honestly doubt they could have improved this in just TWO WEEKS. I have been very impressed with the change from CB2 to the retail client. I know, as always, performance picks up when they unhook all of the background functions used in betas to track our every move, but the game has exceeded my ...
by gourley4p
Oct 2 2015, 18:51

Roger that, crislevin. I had not read them because everything is working fine for me. I am playing instead of stuck reading the forums like you. Sorry it's been a bummer so far.
by gourley4p
Oct 2 2015, 17:45

Already, this is a better launch and product that VI. The changes are mostly good, and I am enjoying the combat and skills. If I were a player who thinks Heroes III is the pinnacle of gaming, I might be disappointed, though. It's so much worse than h6 in terms of performance, it's unbelievable. Not...
by gourley4p
Oct 2 2015, 17:41

crislevin wrote:Both are on Windows 10.

I wonder how much of it is related to the game not being optimized to support your OS. Sorry you're having so much trouble, dude. Hope they find a fix for you soon!
by gourley4p
Oct 2 2015, 17:36
Topic: Is it just me? or the AI is way too strong in campaign?
Replies: 18
Views: 4701

Re: Is it just me? or the AI is way too strong in campaign?

crislevin wrote:295x2, i7 4790k, 12gb

That looks like plenty enough machine, which you already knew. It should be running better for you.
by gourley4p
Oct 2 2015, 14:11

My vote is yes. I think this ranks just under V as the best in the series at launch. With patches, bug-fixing, and expansions, I think it can surpass V. Issues to consider: ⋅  Skill Pizza. If you think it the skill system is too generic and/or restrictive, that impacts the game a lot. Syst...
by gourley4p
Oct 2 2015, 0:47

In regards with bugs it would be great that if you find an issue you could post you PC specs and if you know of a way to be able to reproduce the issue. Dan Sure thing, Dan. I run on this machine: ⋅ AMD x6 2.7GHz cpu ⋅ Windows 7 64bit ⋅ 16 GB RAM ⋅ GeForce GT...
by gourley4p
Oct 1 2015, 12:37

When travel in water, sometimes hero's graphic is fixed in one location, even though the boat moved to another part already. Sometimes enemy hero becomes invisible on adventure map I am seeing this a lot on the second map of the Sylvan campaign. The AI hero disappears on the water, or his boat does...

Go to advanced search