Search found 102 matches

by gourley4p
28 Apr 2016, 17:28
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion
Replies: 51
Views: 32580

Re: Trial By Fire- The Dwarf expansion

I don't regret my Day 1 purchase of MMH7. I have gotten my money's worth without doubt. Based on that experience, why wouldn't I consider buying the expansion on Day 1? I know why you wouldn't, but different keystrokes for different folks.
by gourley4p
27 Apr 2016, 02:21
Topic: Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion
Replies: 51
Views: 32580

Re: Trial By Fire- The Dwarf expansion

Thanks for the post. I barely check that site now. I check here daily, and you helped me out.

Not sure I will buy this on Day 1. I will be sinking a lot of hours in Stellaris starting on 5/9. Trial by Fire might have to be a later purchase.
by gourley4p
08 Apr 2016, 16:11
Topic: Modding in Axeoth
Replies: 0
Views: 2256

Modding in Axeoth

Latest news from HMM7 official site. This will be helpful as I try to learn to build some maps of my own.
by gourley4p
05 Apr 2016, 20:03
Topic: The Lost Tales of Axeoth
Replies: 50
Views: 36608

Re: The Lost Tales of Axeoth

@Gourley4p, you wrote you really enoyed the story telling, what about the rest? The gameplay, level designs etc? First, I would have to agree that the AI was a little easier in Lost Tales than in the main campaign. Except for one fight when an Earthquake spell nearly wiped out my whole army in one ...
by gourley4p
04 Apr 2016, 13:55

Well, I finished Lost Tales this weekend. I really enjoyed the story telling. It reminded me of my favorite part of Heroes IV. Now to learn how to use the editor intelligently!
by gourley4p
20 Mar 2016, 20:44

Marzhin, my thanks go out to those of you who worked on the second stage of the Lost Tales of Axeoth. It had the feel (story, creatures, music) of Heroes IV. Well done. I will play some more soon.
by gourley4p
15 Mar 2016, 02:29
Topic: Bug Reports after patch 1.7
Replies: 7
Views: 5910

Re: Bug Reports after patch 1.7

New bug discovered as I completed the single player campaign tonight. When my centaur marauders attacked abbots, the following would happen 100% of the time. Centaurs: Ranged attack at 100% Abbots: Ranged counterattack Centaurs: Move Turn of centaurs resets Centaurs: Ranged attack at 100% Centaurs: ...
by gourley4p
09 Mar 2016, 22:07

I don't find the list daunting at all. For example, I performed a Google search for WoW Known Issues and found this old thread . We're talking about a game that has been live for 12 years. Each new patch breaks something else. This simply is the state of gaming. Like cjlee, my options are to deal wi...
by gourley4p
09 Mar 2016, 19:28

I just finished up the Haven campaign over the weekend. I have only Ivan's scenario left before completing the vanilla content. Then I will move on to Axeoth. My newest bug, an old one, is the No Active Hero bug. I would start round 2 or 3 of combat and not be able to attack or cast spells with my h...
by gourley4p
07 Feb 2016, 16:49
Topic: Heroes VII 50% off in Steam
Replies: 23
Views: 14202

Re: Heroes VII 50% off in Steam

Ornitorrinco22 wrote:I was wondering if someone elso could give me another opinion.
If you primarily play Campaign, this is a very good Heroes game.

If your draw is Hot Seat, it is okay, but it has few maps right now.

If you like multiplayer, it is a horrible Heroes game.
by gourley4p
02 Feb 2016, 14:12
Topic: Which Faction Do You Want Next?
Replies: 8
Views: 6323

Re: Which Faction Do You Want Next?

I really enjoyed the Sanctuary play style. I am curious how it would work in MMH7, since so much of the strategy in MMH6 was about using the nagas to heal.
by gourley4p
07 Jan 2016, 13:54
Topic: Discuss Your Uplay experience
Replies: 24
Views: 16216

Re: Discuss Your Uplay experience

magritte2 wrote:I haven't played HOMM7 but my experience with HOMM6 led me to suspect Kurtz had a glimpse of UPlay at the end of Heart of Darkness.
Clever!
by gourley4p
26 Dec 2015, 19:10

Well said, cjlee.
by gourley4p
16 Dec 2015, 14:20
Topic: So is this game worth buying?
Replies: 292
Views: 130931

Re: So is this game worth buying?

Galaad wrote: Besides, they already stated they won't rework skill and magic systems, which imo would be mandatory to salvage the game via expansion.
I find the magic system in VII to be much closer to V or III than to VI. What kind of changes would you like to see there?
by gourley4p
03 Dec 2015, 16:09
Topic: Will Vivendi acquire Ubisoft and Gameloft?
Replies: 45
Views: 25619

Re: Will Vivendi acquire Ubisoft and Gameloft?

Oh, thanks for the clarification, Erwinner. You are not advocating for the eternal cessation of production but would prefer a temporary halt over what we have currently, correct? Now I think I better understand your position.
by gourley4p
03 Dec 2015, 15:03

It seems we have at least two distinct schools of thought here: 1) "A game making some people happy is better than no game at all. I'd rather the franchise continue and a few people get to play new games they enjoy." 2) "A game that does not do justice to the franchise (subjective, bu...
by gourley4p
03 Dec 2015, 00:01

This escalated quickly. The only thing I was going to reply was that the way I am looking at it, in my scenario of production of MMH games continuing, some people are happy with the game; some people get to be happy. Under the scenario of the franchise dying, no one gets to be happy because there is...
by gourley4p
02 Dec 2015, 14:57
Topic: Campaign Difficulty
Replies: 5
Views: 5045

Re: Campaign Difficulty

Alfalken wrote:Finished the Academy campaign. Overall it was a fun one
So far, Academy and Necropolis have been my favorite campaigns. I enjoyed the story for Academy, which made me enjoy playing a faction I normally feel only mildly motivated to play.
by gourley4p
02 Dec 2015, 14:54

if Vivendi take over it will either mean no more Heroes games from Team Erwin or no more Heroes games at all, both of which are far better prospects than the current one lol Can't say I agree here. I am playing and enjoying the current game. I certainly don't think it is a masterpiece, but it is FA...
by gourley4p
27 Nov 2015, 22:34
Topic: H7 Review Categories
Replies: 32
Views: 12602

Re: H7 Review Categories

The thing about campaigns is that you won't play them ad infinitum. I believe most players will play them once or twice then that's it I agree somewhat. For instance, I have been going two months on the Campaigns so far. I will probably finish by the end of January. By then, it will almost be time ...

Go to advanced search