Search found 78 matches

by Troller
Mar 31 2017, 9:41
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Miracle Warriors
Replies: 7
Views: 2401

Miracle Warriors

So I just went on a nostalgia binge and played thru Miracle warriors on my old Sega master system. I love this game – It is both casual and brutally hardcore. You start out so weak that even though you don't do anything wrong you might be killed before reaching the first town. On the other hand the ...
by Troller
Mar 31 2017, 9:10
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MMX Legacy expansion or MMXI?
Replies: 34
Views: 9700

Re: MMX Legacy expansion or MMXI?

Actually she can do quickshot in this position: quick string draw, without full force or aiming, and against foes which are close to her (IIRC Ranger has such ability in-game). However, she doesn't look like she is trying to quickshot anyone to me at all. And her "fist" grab of bow string...
by Troller
Mar 31 2017, 9:05
Topic: I just bought MM8 from GOG - any advice?
Replies: 4
Views: 1428

I just bought MM8 from GOG - any advice?

I lost my physical copy of MM8 years ago :( But now I bought it from GOG – So what do you recommend? Are there any must have mods or anything that could improve my experience? I plan to play through without a dragon companion as that ruined my last play thru by making it to easy. Oh yeah nostalgia t...
by Troller
Mar 10 2017, 12:53

That would either put the string on the wrong side of her arm or require her to twist the arm in an unnatural way and then the string would probably snatch on her bracer ;-)
by Troller
Mar 8 2017, 14:30

I never played the game but I followed the development and one thing stayed with me. The ranger don't know how to handle a bow: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/mightandmagic/images/9/94/Book_Ranger.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20140125231821&path-prefix=en With the string o...
by Troller
Mar 3 2017, 8:35

@Anubis Thanks for the review - it falls in line with much of what I've heard :-) I have Legend of Grimrock waiting on my Steam library so I'm not in a hurry to get my next fix. I might even hope for a mobile version of MMX - I thought about playing the old Might and Magic II gates to another world ...
by Troller
Mar 1 2017, 11:35

The problem with a GOG release would be the need to untangle Uplay from the game - and it's embedded fairly deep (needing Ubi points for certain dungeons or other content, for example). Yeah I know but I keep hoping - UPlay is the reason for only wanting a GOG version - I don't trust UBI even thoug...
by Troller
Feb 27 2017, 12:06

I haven't tried MMX yet - I'm still waiting for a GOG release - but I don't think there will be a new installment in the MM series, the budget for MMX was already very small and the game didn't become a huge success. So UBI won't risk it especially with Vivendi breathing down their necks... My hope ...
by Troller
Jan 30 2017, 23:41
Forum: Articles
Topic: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem
Replies: 21
Views: 15087

Re: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem

If I'may not mistaken this is the first time he's shown an interest in working on a M&M game in a very long time... He has nailed it with Creature Quest it is a very well crafted game and it doesn't hurt that the music is amazing either:-) I really hope that it also becomes a financial success s...
by Troller
Oct 27 2016, 8:09
Forum: News
Topic: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?
Replies: 64
Views: 13964

Re: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?

In my opinion the change from 2D to 3D was bad, not because 2D is better than 3D but because it was done for all the wrong reasons. One of the things they promoted with the change with was "how an artifact could be hidden"!!! This was so annoying in Heroes V having to pan the camera around...
by Troller
Oct 26 2016, 12:04
Topic: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?
Replies: 50
Views: 12322

Re: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?

I disagree with you but it is word against word, I haven't done a study in how the creative mind is impacted by age and neither have you.

Your statements are insulting and prejudice, and you don't even offer them as opinions but as facts, are you by any chance a politician?
by Troller
Oct 19 2016, 13:41
Topic: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?
Replies: 50
Views: 12322

Re: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?

Maybe. But there's no way to prove that this is the reason. The only way to prove he still is capable of creating masterpieces is... well, to create a masterpiece. Look, there are some things at which you get better as you age and some things that you get worse at. That goes the other way around to...
by Troller
Oct 13 2016, 8:29
Topic: Heroes VII. - Development cancelled
Replies: 23
Views: 6068

Re: Heroes VII. - Development cancelled

Good riddance. Now we just need to get rid of Ubisoft and then get rid of Ashan. Amen! Bring back Enroth and Erathia. Let's pretend Heroes 4 never happened, either. I have no issues with the gameplay, but I hated that they destroyed decades worth of lore in one game and killed important characters ...
by Troller
Oct 13 2016, 7:07

People said the same thing about XCOM, remember? After the terrible knockoff "After..." series, and 2-3 fan made or indie games, no-one thought it could come back proper. Then Firaxis made XCOM Enemy Unknown in 2012 and the game was not just a financial jackpot that spawned a huge modder ...
by Troller
Oct 11 2016, 8:36

I lost hope in the franchise after Heroes V, I started believing a bit again with MMX and during the development of Heroes VII but I think the latter was to ambitious for its budget. This leads to the main problem for the Might and Magic franchise. It caters to a small niche. I don't think there wil...
by Troller
Oct 6 2016, 8:09
Topic: Heroes VII. - Development cancelled
Replies: 23
Views: 6068

Re: Heroes VII. - Development cancelled

Rest in peace my dear old friend :'-(

Part of me wishes that the franchise will rise like the phoenix from the ashes that was Ashan into a new and exciting world, the other part is "just let it die already!"
by Troller
Aug 14 2014, 17:02
Topic: Heroes VII Announced
Replies: 68
Views: 12884

Heroes VII Announced

There is an article with some images on Joystiq: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/14/giving-the-fans-what-they-want-in-might-and-magic-heroes-7 In short no console, magic is being seperated from skills, seven resources and squares not hexagons for battles... Edited on Thu, Aug 14 2014, 13:21 by Troller
by Troller
Jul 31 2014, 0:01
Topic: What Comes Next?
Replies: 62
Views: 11360

What Comes Next?

I think the next game in one of the original series will be Might and Magic XI, after the decline of Heroes I think they will put a bit more time between the next instalment if there will be a next heroes. To be fair to Ubi the Might and Magic franchise was in a bad shape when they bought it. Heroes...

Go to advanced search