Search found 78 matches

by Troller
Mar 21 2018, 11:53
Forum: Creature Quest
Topic: Dungeons
Replies: 200
Views: 33203

Re: Dungeons

Got it. I still have not started to evolve more than 1 of each unit, and that many are not evolved at all. I have 1 lv 60 Lizard, lv 70 dragon turtle, my siren and yeti suck hohohoho. I have the Walrus one fairly ok and the Stegosaurus. I could try the red one, perhaps. BUT, right now, only waiting...
by Troller
Oct 4 2017, 9:10
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Using Lua to mod Monster stats? UPDATE: Solved the HP Issue!!!!
Replies: 11
Views: 3046

Re: Using Lua to mod Monster stats?

The data structure you're talking about is the basic building block of Lua, it's called just "table" in Lua. My arrays, such as "Map.Monsters" are made to be traversed with that syntax, unlike regular tables that are traversed by for k, v in pairs(t) do or for k, v in ipairs(t) ...
by Troller
Sep 28 2017, 7:14

I do know some basics of programming and I am wondering why you did your "for" loop as you did. Don't you normally have to define "i" ex: for i = 0, i < 10, i++ I am lost as to what the script is defining as "i" and also "v". I can help clarify this part. To ...
by Troller
Sep 27 2017, 12:42
Topic: Children of the Void: Project Update December 1st, 2012
Replies: 14
Views: 6932

Re: Children of the Void: Project Update December 1st, 2012

Still its wonder there are still modding activity at all, specially considering there is no such thing as MM UDK contrary to mod heavy games like TES series. Then there is GrayFace who valiantly battles the fog of oblivion and keeps might and magic alive by sheer willpower, hard work and crafty hac...
by Troller
Sep 26 2017, 8:38

Hi motter25420 I haven't tried modding but I have some experience in software development and one issue I can see is that you use "FullHitpoints" where the manual states "FullHitPoints" with a capital 'P' and in your image you have "True" often booleans are lower cases ...
by Troller
Sep 25 2017, 8:18

Yeah as the number of people following Might and Magic dwindle so does the chance of seeing a successful release of a fan project. My biggest hope lies with the MM6/7/8 remake to a modern engine – If they can achieve it - and it is a big if because it is a huge undertaking - then modding becomes eas...
by Troller
Sep 22 2017, 8:04
Topic: MM 6/7/8 Total Remake
Replies: 300
Views: 233819

Re: MM 6/7/8 Total Remake

Great to hear that you are still keeping the project alive :-)
by Troller
Sep 22 2017, 7:53

I'm afraid it is – if I remember correctly they made it official on their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/mightandmagic10 but it is closed now.
by Troller
Aug 4 2017, 6:38
Forum: News
Topic: Creature Quest - Balance Changes
Replies: 9
Views: 2671

Re: Creature Quest - Balance Changes

Shortening animations is a great deal, these days. Somehow, devs and designers still think that spending time idle, staring at things out of control is a wonderful idea. Time is short! ;) It's a tough balance on one hand stills are boring on the other hand when you know what you'r doing animaitions...
by Troller
Jul 17 2017, 11:28
Topic: Shutdown of Might & Magic: Showdown
Replies: 15
Views: 4931

Re: Shutdown of Might & Magic: Showdown

Yeah this was always a gimmick - not going to loose any sleep over the loss of that... RIP
by Troller
Jun 14 2017, 9:02
Topic: MMX Legacy expansion or MMXI?
Replies: 34
Views: 10759

Re: MMX Legacy expansion or MMXI?

Ubisoft doesn't invest heavily in the development of a MM game, then sees it's not as popular as they hoped, and so invests even less the next time. It's not that the IP has problems, but that ubisoft hasn't shown any faith in it yet :( With the threat from Vivendi I don't think Ubi will bet on a f...
by Troller
Jun 13 2017, 9:43
Topic: Matt Chat with Tim Lang
Replies: 5
Views: 2796

Re: Matt Chat with Tim Lang

Oh what could have been – I believe they changed engine too early. The benefits where to small and the restrictions too big to justify it. The low polycount made the monsters and NPCs ugly compared to the old sprite models. The area restrictions made the game feel more like levels and not like an op...
by Troller
May 24 2017, 7:21
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Miracle Warriors
Replies: 7
Views: 2722

Re: Miracle Warriors

I just tried Dragon Quest I and it was great. No choices where the consequences are impossible to predict. No secrets where I have to search all the walls in every dungeon to find. No complex skill system where I chose wrong twenty levels ago. No map – this was both good and bad. No I'm a simple pea...
by Troller
May 24 2017, 6:51

Welcome to the modern AAA game making world, DLC's, microtransactions, bitcoin and buggy releases on day 1. :applause: Also, Heroes died with H3 for me. I mean it died because there will not be another Heroes game as long as UBI holds the rights due to the financial state of Heroes 7. For me Heroes...
by Troller
May 18 2017, 8:44

Welp, I hope the next M&M game is real-time and not locked to a grid, 's all I'm saying. I've also said that this franchise has the potential to compete with Elder Scrolls if enough money and time was invested into it, but guess Ubi won't go that route. Anyway, M&M games have magic to them ...
by Troller
May 11 2017, 8:03
Topic: MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction
Replies: 358
Views: 166143

Re: MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction

I recently bought MM8 again (couldn't find my old copy) and look forward to playing it again... So I'm hoping that you make progress and will be able to share this undertaking with us soon :-)
by Troller
May 3 2017, 12:04
Topic: Interesting M&M7 style game
Replies: 4
Views: 2098

Re: Interesting M&M7 style game

koval321 wrote:Hey I come across this game called True Ending It look like M&M7 here is link to info
http://www.indieretronews.com/2014/10/t ... .html#more

I wouldn't get my hopes up it had a successful Greenlight over at steam in 2015 but haven't been heard from since…
by Troller
Apr 19 2017, 7:27

Today we take maps and quest logs for granted, while back in the days everything had to be done on paper. The amount of paperwork I had to put together for my Ultima games was crazy. But somehow it felt good to look away from the screen for a while, if only to write down some notes or clean up that...
by Troller
Apr 7 2017, 8:54

It was also one of the first games where I learned to exploit -- using a Sacred Nut when you had your max of 9 would allow you to get 3 more for a total of 11. :) Yeah the same way you could get 24 herbs. I used to sit on the floor with the map that was included with the game and place pins where t...

Go to advanced search