Search found 745 matches

by iLiVeInAbOx05
27 Jan 2015, 17:37
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Megom Chronicles Project
Replies: 189
Views: 86133

@Koni Yuki will be frozen to death if she won't be able to sleep once for 5 days in a hut. In the map there are snow huts spred all over it. To use the hut to sleep in it you should stand EXACTLY opposite to entrance to it and END TURN without moving. That's a pretty cool idea! That gives me some i...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
23 Jan 2015, 20:43
Topic: H4 The Reckoning campaigns
Replies: 130
Views: 55100

Oh nice, I was actually wondering if that worked. I'll give it a test once I finish the current map and before I create the third map in the campaign editor.

That would make me feel a lot better about getting this in the testing section :D!
by iLiVeInAbOx05
22 Jan 2015, 02:42
Topic: H4 campaign in progress - The Tale of Young Mudgeon
Replies: 127
Views: 70661

Yup. It takes places before, during and after several of the stories in Heroes IV and Winds of War. There's a bit prior to Gauldoths story connecting my story, as well as some background story to Baron Von Tarkin. But in the end it'll all tie together. OoOoOo I haven't finished the Gathering Storm ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
22 Jan 2015, 02:38

Well as long as they Are combined I think u could allow testers to try it. Else om me and I might find time to help The only reason I was thinking about not releasing it for testing is because when I finish the next map, I would basically be releasing the same first two maps + the next, and testers...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
21 Jan 2015, 18:22
Topic: H4 campaign in progress - The Tale of Young Mudgeon
Replies: 127
Views: 70661

So the time period / setting for your campaign is during the events of Heroes IV? Looking good man, keep it up!
by iLiVeInAbOx05
21 Jan 2015, 18:21

Update: I've finished the prologue map, and all of the terrain for the first map. I'm almost done with the story for the first map, then I'll do a few run throughs and fine tune enemy interaction / difficulty :) Then.. on to the next map! I've thought about making the first two maps of the campaign ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
12 Nov 2014, 17:53
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes IV: Problem with using "guard"
Replies: 19
Views: 10275

I can't check and it's been a while.. but like Kalah I'm pretty sure the player's choice overrules editor settings for neutral armies. I'm not sure if that extends to coloured armies. Also, note that if coloured armies can interact/combine/split, any script or setting on the army will be lost. The ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
11 Nov 2014, 20:18

Taro wrote:Funny, because in my newest map there is an army of green player set to guard. And it stands on ground, despite game options about wandering armies (I tried both).
Taro, you mean this particular army does move, regardless of the option you choose before the game?
by iLiVeInAbOx05
10 Nov 2014, 18:45

If you set monsters to wander, they will wander no matter what you set in the editor. I seem to remember this is how it works, although it's years since I used the editor and I may be remembering wrong ... Hmm, but wouldn't that be for creatures that aren't aligned with any player color? I have a h...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
10 Nov 2014, 04:37

After much testing, I finally figured out that there is a problem with the script "Delete adventure objects" when it is being called from a triggered script (there seem to be a lot of bugs using triggered scripts..). There is, apparently, no problem putting a bomb on top of a creature and ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
10 Nov 2014, 03:34

Well looks like I spoke too soon about the workaround being everything I needed. So one of the things I'm trying to do, is have some creatures that will join you. Now I saw this done on one of the Gathering Storm maps, and I thought it was an encountered script that just changes the creatures' color...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
10 Nov 2014, 03:12

If I have time next weekend I might try to get a working example of the creatures set to guard and not guarding, but I'm not sure I'll be able to reproduce this particular issue as easily as some of the others I've looked into.

We'll see!
by iLiVeInAbOx05
10 Nov 2014, 03:03

I just managed to observe that for coloured AI armies on ships. They don't want to stand still. Ship or not and whatever the reason, you can force the naughty monster to stand still by putting it on a stone (or any other small, impassable object). You can then bomb out the stone when the monster ge...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
09 Nov 2014, 21:04

Heroes IV: Problem with using "guard"

So I place a creature on the map with the map editor, and set it to "guard" instead of "wander." Why does this seem to not always work? I've seen several instances while testing my current map where a creature who is set to "guard" his location will either sometimes mov...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
01 Nov 2014, 01:27
Topic: HoMM 3 - Long live the queen campaign
Replies: 16
Views: 8869

Stay away from GoG and other crappy so-called 'HoMM 3:Complete' editions. RoE campaigns are unplayable in such releases. First, You need to install HoMM3: Restoration of Erathia from original CD released in Feb. 1999. Not to thread highjack, but I just ran my crappy GoG HoMM3 Complete edition and f...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
20 Oct 2014, 23:50

Small update: A little more than half the map is complete (XL maps are huge!). Got most of the story done, including some issues with the player being able to do things in different orders. Haven't fine tuned the combats yet (how many enemies to fight), I'll get that done once the map is pretty much...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
10 Oct 2014, 02:51
Topic: [H4 Editor] Bug with placed events
Replies: 12
Views: 6704

Oh okay I'll have to give that a test, too :D The only reason I ran into this bug was because I was trying to put some debug messages into one of my random battle scripts which is just a triggered script. I can't think of a reason that the display message event would have to be in a triggered script...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
08 Oct 2014, 04:27

Okay, so I created a triggered script which only displayed a message, and called the script in a couple different places. I even called the script at the beginning of my placed event. The results were the same: When the hero walks over the placed event, the text displays, but the hero keeps walking....
by iLiVeInAbOx05
06 Oct 2014, 16:52

You should write test with simpler script - for example a triggered script would only add 1 t oa number and print message, or so. This way it would be easier to debug it. Now it is too complacated to debug it - because Heroes scripts are hard to understand in the editor. Good idea. I'll try testing...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
04 Oct 2014, 17:34

Ok I tested it and as far as I can see - and probably you noticed it also - message command is bugged, because it doesn't stop movement of your hero on the map. So when the message triggers - your hero is basicaly still moving and can trigger few next placed events. Solution is to erase these text ...

Go to advanced search