Search found 577 matches

by iLiVeInAbOx05
Sep 4 2014, 1:06
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H4 The Reckoning campaigns
Replies: 125
Views: 27688

Thanks Karmakeld, I'll take a look at the help file for sure. What I'm trying to do with the elevation tool is something similar to what Kalah posted in this thread . Have a look at that fortress in the middle. Simply amazing idea and I want to use some of that for my maps, I just need to get a litt...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Sep 3 2014, 17:36
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H4 Elevation tool
Replies: 1
Views: 1365

H4 Elevation tool

So I did some searching to see what, if anything talks about this tool but I couldn't find anything, so here it goes: Does anyone have any tips for how to effectively use this thing? What I'm currently trying to do is make a decent sized (area) plateau, but it's not working out very well. If I stack...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Sep 1 2014, 19:19

You could show us some pictures, don't you think? And tell me, do you use brushes? I made about 15 pretty good brushes and I can send them to you if you wish. They are good especially if you want place some mountains and you are lazy :D I'll try to get a picture up here, I saw another thread where ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Sep 1 2014, 5:42

Update, wrapping up the first map of the campaign (prologue map). The path and story for it are mostly complete, just need to fill in some battles (figure out how many baddies to put to make it interesting) and test a bit until I feel it's right :) I'll mostly want feedback on the world look and fee...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 12 2014, 14:20

I started playing around in the map editor a little bit last night, quite a bit there to look through! Karmakeld, how do you go about actually making your maps? Like, what order do you prefer to do things in? I haven't really sketched out anything yet (in my mind or on paper), so that would be my fi...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 6 2014, 1:07

regarding heroes, you can't add new heroes, but you can replace/change the portraits and biographies of excisting heroes. To change portraits, you'll need the Heroes 4 Facetool. http://equilibris.celestialheavens.com/eng/downloads.html - note that it only works with the Equilibris mod, not on any o...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 6 2014, 1:05
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Looking to (lightly) mod HOMM3 / 4
Replies: 10
Views: 5692

there are also some topic's on HC about modding, maybe they're useful? (have a look at some of the portraits I made/changed for my campaign) http://heroescommunity.com/forumdisplay.php3?FID=4 I found some useful stuff over on heroes community that should be able to get me started, thanks Karmakeld!...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 3 2014, 3:03

there's alot of useful tips and tricks on these sites: http://www.celestialheavens.com/694 http://www.celestialheavens.com/517 and as mentioned before, don't hesitate asking for help, if you get stuck with some script/idea.. The editor allows you to do much more than the official campaigns showed, ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 2 2014, 23:23
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Looking to (lightly) mod HOMM3 / 4
Replies: 10
Views: 5692

Looking to (lightly) mod HOMM3 / 4

So I'm looking to create a few campaigns for The Reckoning in HOMM 3 and 4. I'm probably going to do the maps for HOMM4 first, and then at some point try to make them for HOMM3. The problem is certain artifacts, such as the Sword of Frost, don't exist and I'd really like to have the artifacts from t...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 31 2014, 17:38

The Equilibris team added 3 artifacts, so it is possible to do with some modding. Maybe consult the Equilibris tread for a solution how to. Awesome, thanks, that gives me a good place to start :D I'm not sure if you're familiar with campaign making, so I'll just help specify the meaning of chapters...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 31 2014, 3:36

Yeah, I don't know of a way to do that in Heroes IV. I guess you'd have to enter the code and change something. The way I used to do it was just use an artefact that looked right, and call it something else - for instance set up a quest where you're looking for a Medallion, and then just place the ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 30 2014, 0:23

They're talking about releasing the maps individually as soon as they are finished, or at least releasing some of the campaign before it is finished. It will give the players something to play, as well as working as extra playtesting. You can also release them in the order you suggest. Got it, than...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 29 2014, 0:40

I'm not sure you need several different campaigns to tell that story, do you? Would it not be possible to do it in a single campaign? It would mean less work and an increased chance the project would actually reach completion. I think you're right about that Kalah. I think many would prefer it to b...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 25 2014, 16:54

Btw Karmakeld, I'll definitely be checking your campaign out when I get the chance. I've played some user made maps in HOMM3, but I haven't gotten to any user made campaigns! Also, I'm kind of leaning more towards these Campaigns being made in HOMM4 rather than 3, so that more than one hero can be i...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 25 2014, 16:49

Hi Karmakeld. After HOMM3 AB there is Heroes Chronicles, and that actually gets into the search for the Sword of Frost, which is found at the end of the last chapter and taken by Kilgor's wife Kija. After that, we have HOMM4. So what I was envisioning as a set of campaigns for The Reckoning is this:...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 21 2014, 19:02

Kalah, thank you for your reply. I am very familiar with that page :) but I'm trying to find out specifically if anyone has created campaigns for the events of The Reckoning (which appears unlikely) and if so, where I can find them :)
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 21 2014, 18:31

H4 The Reckoning campaigns

I've been looking around a bit, but it doesn't appear that anyone has done any campaigns for the events of The Reckoning. Is that true, or am I just not looking hard enough? Seems like a big hole left by the makers of HOMM. It could basically be its own game / expansion. I've actually been thinking ...

Go to advanced search