Search found 745 matches

by iLiVeInAbOx05
11 Mar 2016, 16:11
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 4 Advanced Options Map Editor
Replies: 304
Views: 263136

Re: Heroes 4 Map Generator / Utility

Finished with reading / writing the custom oracle information. Immediately following the custom oracle info, is some additional player info: a byte for the player number (in color order), followed by a byte indicating if there is a level cap (00 no, 01 yes). If there is one, then the next byte is th...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
10 Mar 2016, 22:25

I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean make it so the AI sees your army as half the size it actually is?
by iLiVeInAbOx05
10 Mar 2016, 20:15

We'll definitely be able to add some scripts for the AI and AI heroes. We can't force them to buy creatures, but we can give them money, additional creatures to recruit (or directly give heroes creatures), and add a fake attack / defense boost to heroes, as well as give their heroes strong units dur...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
09 Mar 2016, 17:26

Hmm, I guess that would be relatively simple, since I've used inheritance for my Timed/Triggerable/Continuous/Placed event classes. Each of the event classes has a main base class of H4Event, which is what contains all of the scripting information and variables for the event name and name length, wh...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
09 Mar 2016, 15:15

:) I figured out that directly after the events is the info for custom oracle settings. Every oracle is represented in the file, whether or not it has any custom settings. If 01, the oracle has custom settings, followed by a short indicating how many oracles are needed to complete the puzzle. The ne...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
08 Mar 2016, 16:00

Alrighty, I'll just continue documenting until I get to terrain. There seems to be some stuff right after the last event that I'm currently not quite sure of. For most of my maps, it's just 00 00 00, except for one, which has 00 00 01, and then some other codes, then "artifact" and then a ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
07 Mar 2016, 19:45

I had actually thought about adding something like that, some sort of map converter between heroes games, but that is certainly a lot further in the future :) As far as what's next, do you guys think I should work on being able to add events to adventure objects, or should I aim for painting terrain...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
07 Mar 2016, 16:35

Sure can :) I'm hoping to get to the terrain part for easy high-level map design, which we cannot do in the actual editor. My plan is to be able to paint terrain like you can in the editor, but from the all the way zoomed out level. That way, you can actually do the terrain for the entire map quite ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
07 Mar 2016, 05:53

Time for some screen shots for the above update! They start with two maps already loaded, my Heroes Chronicles campaign, and a test map (Small empty). I switch to the second map of the campaign, and go to the "Scripts" tab (I should probably change that to "Events"). To copy scri...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
07 Mar 2016, 00:26

I have successfully copied events between maps! I'm not home right now, so I'll need wifi before I can post screen shots :D I've set it up so that you can copy a selection of events in one of the tables, switch maps, right click in the event table that you copied from, and select paste. I'll also ad...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
06 Mar 2016, 07:27

Alrighty! So, I was able to generate and save a new .h4c file from a .h4c file that I opened and parsed! At first I thought maybe I was going to have to do some research on .gz files, because the .h4c file I generated wouldn't open in the editor, but looked exactly the same side by side in a hex edi...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
05 Mar 2016, 21:58

At least some of that is part of the plan :D
by iLiVeInAbOx05
05 Mar 2016, 18:34

Baronus, yes, that's something we'll want to add :) There is an AI tab where we will be able to say what AI scripting we want to include (can be based on a difficulty setting or manually added). I can only do map scripts currently, since I am just now getting to reading in the adventure / landscapin...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
05 Mar 2016, 16:59

The script reading is actually pretty advanced. I had to go advanced, which is what took me so long here, in order to be able to get to the name of the script because there are no delimiters. You have to actually count the scripts in the event. You start out assuming there will be one main script. I...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
05 Mar 2016, 06:14

Next update!! I've read in all map scripts and inserted them into the tables on the script panel as shown below. I tested with a few different maps and campaigns which helped me fix parsing of almost all of the scripts (for map events), but there are probably some I missed that need special parsing....
by iLiVeInAbOx05
02 Mar 2016, 07:00
Topic: Planning the new 'Unity campaign' for H4
Replies: 53
Views: 19640

Re: The new 'Unity campaign' for H4

The "UMNarration" texts are certainly Terry's writings. It's the texts that are specific to the map objectives and events that are suspect to me. I could be wrong, but they do feel different.

I would definitely like to see the original script, but I think that is unlikely to happen :(
by iLiVeInAbOx05
01 Mar 2016, 22:48
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Beginning the Tale
Replies: 6
Views: 4866

Re: Beginning the Tale

Dwarves that can mine gold golems? As in, if they're on a gold mine they create (add) gold golems? Or did you mean they mine more gold? Either would be pretty cool :)
by iLiVeInAbOx05
01 Mar 2016, 22:45
Topic: Planning the new 'Unity campaign' for H4
Replies: 53
Views: 19640

Re: The new 'Unity campaign' for H4

So, we have the texts, thanks to Erwinner, and are currently putting together a team and coming up with a plan for an approach to this campaign. I went through a "let's play" of the first map, "The Isle of Order," and was a bit confused by what I saw since I had read the text fir...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
01 Mar 2016, 20:23
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Report Site&Forum Bugs [since Aug'15]
Replies: 181
Views: 216595

Re: Report Site&Forum Bugs [since Aug'15]

Haha, alas, I have a Galaxy S3 :(

I'm sure I could just google it though :)
by iLiVeInAbOx05
01 Mar 2016, 20:21
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Beginning the Tale
Replies: 6
Views: 4866

Re: Beginning the Tale

That putting workers on mines to mine additional resources is a really cool idea!

Go to advanced search