Search found 565 matches

by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 16 2018, 19:03
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H4ResourceEditor
Replies: 69
Views: 13807

Re: H4ResourceEditor

I'm starting to be a little curious, what was the catch here..? The way my code works is it uses Java's BufferedImage class to draw images onto each other. Sometimes the drawImage methods can take some time, especially if the image contains transparency. I haven't looked into the timing, so I'm not...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 16 2018, 18:19

Just a small update: I've had to look elsewhere for displaying the animations because there seems to be a bit more work / optimization for me to do with my libraries before my code can be fast enough, so I've done some research for creating and displaying gifs. I have the code for creating a gif in ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 11 2018, 18:34

Currently doing a little reading on blending pixels so I can properly display the images and work on showing animations. Not really necessary for actual modding, so if I find it's taking me too long for the amount of progress I make, I will probably move onto other things, such as work to lineup the...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 9 2018, 21:13

So it seems that the ugly picture was due to me not converting the pixel index to an unsigned byte.. After fixing that, we have the following: https://i.imgur.com/IceQyO5.png I'm also now parsing the alpha channel but I need to get a better grasp on what to do with it. I also realized that I can use...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 6 2018, 18:55
Forum: News
Topic: New object package for H4
Replies: 25
Views: 7397

Re: New object package for H4

Yeah, the adventure object ones look correct because they are, for the most part, completely impassable whereas the landscaping objects aren't. You still read the same amount of data, so it looks correct :D
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 5 2018, 19:30

Just pick one of the mountains that has a funny shape for passability. Mountains.grass04 is the one I like to look at. The passability displayed for this object on Namerutan's tool is what I got when I followed his documentation, processing by row (top left to bottom right) instead of by column (top...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 2 2018, 19:55

I am able to display an ugly image of adventure objects. Should be ugly because I'm not yet applying the alpha data, which is up next for me to work on!
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 1 2018, 23:02

Something to keep in mind when using Namerutan's tool, it actually isn't correctly parsing the passability data. It will display correctly if the entire footprint is not passable, but it will be wrong if any of the grid is passable. Entrance info is correct though.
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Mar 30 2018, 21:52

Well, at least editing passability and entrance info will be easy :D
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Mar 29 2018, 15:49

Haha yeah, don't worry I agree. I won't pick up the H4MG again until we are able to create new objects from scratch, which is actually looking pretty good right now. On the thread on the Heroes Community forum I wrote this last: "Hmm, so I un-commented out my code for reading in the image data,...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Mar 28 2018, 21:43

Haha yeah the code from the last update is all online, but I should probably get the rest of it committed and pushed there as well. Especially now that I have all of the H4 Resource Editor code that needs to get saved online as well. I do plan on doing some more work for the H4MG now that I have a l...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Mar 28 2018, 15:54

H4MG is in the same spot I left it at, unfortunately. I think there actually has been progress since the last update here, but I don't remember for sure. It looks like I was last working on renaming variables, and I do vaguely remember that being pretty much finished, but I would have to go back and...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Mar 26 2018, 2:52

Anddddddd, the entrance info is editable :D See below.

And then when viewing in the editor:

by iLiVeInAbOx05
Mar 26 2018, 0:09

Here is displaying of the entrance info on the H4 Resource Editor.

and

Now onto editing this information :D
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Mar 23 2018, 15:56

I believe I am correctly parsing the interactivity (entrance) info. I'll need to test with a few more objects, including the shipyard Namerutan uses in his example, but I think I'm doing it correctly. There is a case that I don't quite yet understand how to identify programmatically, so there is a l...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Mar 22 2018, 15:30

And now i've started working on parsing and displaying the interactivity data :D
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Mar 22 2018, 1:12

Here are the results of my testing. I edited the mountain object like so: https://i.imgur.com/Lc9FaWG.png And importing it into the campaign editor and dropping it onto the map yielded the following: https://i.imgur.com/XLpcBf1.png So passability is editable by my tool :D
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Mar 21 2018, 16:19

Got editing of passability info working. I went ahead with the first option, minus an "edit" button. Currently no "Update" or "Cancel" button and the passability is updated as the user left clicks on a grid. You still have to remember to actually save the object after a...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Mar 20 2018, 21:12

Maybe I don't need an "Edit" button, just "Update" or "Okay" and "Cancel"

Hoping to have a little time tonight to actually get editing the passability info coded :D
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Mar 20 2018, 20:29

Gotcha. So that would be the first option and I would add an edit button to toggle between being able to edit and not being able to.

I'm also thinking I need a combo box or radio buttons to toggle between passability and interactivity.

Go to advanced search