Search found 578 matches

by iLiVeInAbOx05
May 30 2019, 3:43
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H4ResourceEditor
Replies: 70
Views: 14593

Re: H4ResourceEditor

OP updated again with another small update. - Removed the "Update" and "Close" buttons, so there is no more ambiguity with how to actually save your changes. Simply File->Save and any changes you made will be saved with the object. - Finished moving over to the new mask parsing c...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
May 29 2019, 2:56

OP Updated with the link to the latest. - Updated to view the file list for an h4r file as a tree, instead of a list, to make searching for what you want more manageable. - Added the ability to extract (save) any item from an .h4r file as a .h4d file - Added a preview of the item selected (currently...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
May 13 2019, 4:53

OP updated with the link to the latest H4 Resource Editor. - Fixed a memory issue when opening large files, such as heroes4.h4r Not everyone had this issue when trying to open heroes4.h4r. It seemed to be an issue on machines with a smaller amount of memory available, and I was using a method that I...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
May 8 2019, 18:52
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: What's new?
Replies: 3
Views: 618

Re: What's new?

It will definitely save you lots of time. Copying and pasting scripts and events between maps is probably the best feature for map makers, especially if you want to do carry over heroes. One of the issues I've run into some is compatibility issues with pre-WoW maps. If you run into an issue where it...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
May 8 2019, 15:42

OP updated with link to the latest H4 Resource Editor. - Added major and minor type mappings so that the correct minor types are loaded when selecting a specific major type (Fields changed from text to combo boxes) - Fixed a bug which broke the "update" button - Added the ability to open a...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
May 6 2019, 15:55
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: What's new?
Replies: 3
Views: 618

Re: What's new?

Hi Caradoc. You sent me a pm a longgggg time ago and then disappeared :D Anyway, to answer some of your questions, to help with the map editor, I would suggest you try out my Heroes 4 Map Generator (H4MG). You can find the thread here . It has some handy features like the ability to copy and paste s...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 1 2019, 16:00
Topic: Heroes IV problems with Sounds and Windows 10
Replies: 7
Views: 996

Re: Heroes IV problems with Sounds and Windows 10

Mareneusz002, if you end up needing the GoG version, send me a pm. I usually buy gift copies from GoG whenever they have them on sale, so I might still have some extra gift codes.
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 1 2019, 15:58
Topic: Is there someone who could edit H4 Equilibris saved games for me?
Replies: 4
Views: 665

Re: Is there someone who could edit H4 Equilibris saved games for me?

I don't know of any save editors. It's on my list of things to do, but I don't know when I will finally get there.
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Feb 18 2019, 16:28

Original post updated to include a download link for the H4 Resource Editor.
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jan 24 2019, 21:34
Forum: News
Topic: AI Enhancement Tool - first test results
Replies: 17
Views: 3513

Re: AI Enhancement Tool - first test results

If time permits, I may go back and revisit that thread to remember what the script logic was for the artifact sorting. Using the H4MG to script is so much faster than the actual game editor.
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jan 17 2019, 19:33
Topic: AI Enhancement Tool - first test results
Replies: 17
Views: 3513

Re: AI Enhancement Tool - first test results

If it did, I never received it from Pat.
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Oct 30 2018, 18:46

Support for importing .ora files was the next task selected for implementation. Currently I have imported a .ora file that Namerutan's program exported, to an object and it was (mostly) successful at least as far as my program is concerned. I haven't yet tested dropping the object on a map for use b...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Sep 19 2018, 21:49
Topic: H4 Object Package - Beta released
Replies: 2
Views: 886

Re: H4 Object Package - Beta released

Woohoo!

Now I just need to get more sleep so that I'm not too tired to work on the H4 Resource Editor so that more and completely NEW objects with animations can be easily made :D
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Sep 7 2018, 3:26

So it seems simply unsetting the info at the end of the file will cause the object to always appear behind others, so that info at the end of the file has something to do with how to display the object's image partially above / below another object, in addition to somewhere including the canvas size...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 30 2018, 23:23

Well, well, well. Radmutant was correct. Simply updating the field to indicate there is no additional info at the end of the file has yielded the desired results. In the image below I have unset that field on the mirrored labyrinth and adjusted the footprint to where it should be. https://i.imgur.co...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 25 2018, 19:49

Yeah it would be nice to get some more thoughts and feedback, but that's okay. It will still be quite useful :D
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 24 2018, 15:55

So, as mentioned by Radmutant, when importing an image into an existing object, you should keep the image frame and - usually - the image height the same as what is already in the object. I started updating my code last night to always keep the same frame dimensions when importing into an existing o...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 4 2018, 16:35

I have created the form for entering resizing options. Currently working are: No resizing, resize the frame to the grid's width, and custom entering of the width and height in pixels. Now I just need to work on the slightly more difficult case of cropping out transparent pixels on the left and right...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jun 28 2018, 22:00

Currently I'm working on some resizing options since the H4 Editor sometimes gets upset if the image has pixels which are drawn to far outside of the footprint width. Here are some resizing options which I plan to make available with the H4 Resource Editor: 1) Resize frame to grid. This means resize...

Go to advanced search