Search found 44 matches

by BlackDragonSlayer
04 Feb 2015, 22:27
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 374495

The background creates a spooky mood, though, what with the lightning and the mountains. :devious: Actually, what with the copy and paste stuff. You saw the other town screens? they seem to be following the same logic as they created town screens in H4, all on the same form, same position, same lan...
by BlackDragonSlayer
04 Feb 2015, 22:12
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 374495

And, Jesus, what have they done with Necropolis town-screen? I don't know even what to think of it, it's as if their new concept just placed my critical self into Limbo nucleus. Is... is that a building... with spider legs coming out of it...? Excuse me while I go do something terrible and nondescr...
by BlackDragonSlayer
02 Feb 2015, 23:04
Forum: News
Topic: H3 HD Launched
Replies: 42
Views: 18861

mr.hackcrag wrote:Being in a moat isn't that painful.
Unless the moat was lava or some other toxic substance, you'd probably be fine... but if it was lava, I think it would be more than just painful...
by BlackDragonSlayer
26 Jan 2015, 00:31
Topic: Factions line-up
Replies: 267
Views: 109616

Avonu wrote:Image
It's amazing how by getting rid of the excess stuff in the back, reducing the glow, and adding an intimidating face, the design becomes so much better. Unfortunately, I don't think the Vampire will be so easy to fix!
by BlackDragonSlayer
24 Jan 2015, 00:49

mr.hackcrag wrote:I liked this review. :)

Your score averages come out to 6.5 or 65% percent though. Disagree with putting zombies in though... well, compared with spiders maybe not.
Why thank you. :-D

I think the actual score was 6.6-something, but I rounded up because I wasn't doing decimals.
by BlackDragonSlayer
23 Jan 2015, 23:38
Topic: H7 Necropolis Lineup
Replies: 11
Views: 4903

The lower units are lacking, but the top-tier units are pretty good.
by BlackDragonSlayer
23 Jan 2015, 23:37

As a self-declared connoisseur of the Necropolis, I will critique these units. Skeletons: Look too much like an "Elite Skeleton Royal Guard" than mere foot soldiers. 5/10 would not use for army fodder. Ghosts: They're too "glow-y." I can't even tell what's going on with their hea...
by BlackDragonSlayer
16 Dec 2014, 12:10
Topic: Ubisoft Announce H3 HD!
Replies: 44
Views: 20038

For my desktop background, I had the old Necropolis town screen. Just now, I updated it to the HD one; I must say that it is absolutely beautiful.
by BlackDragonSlayer
10 Dec 2014, 00:03
Topic: Ubisoft Announce H3 HD!
Replies: 44
Views: 20038

OOOOOOOOOO. Simply wonderful.
by BlackDragonSlayer
15 Aug 2014, 09:18

mr.hackcrag wrote:Academy looks good - nice diversity of units and flavor. Haven is the opposite and completely stale.
Stale? No diversity? Haven has wolves!!! :P
by BlackDragonSlayer
14 Aug 2014, 00:26
Topic: Heroes VII Announced
Replies: 68
Views: 28636

There is potential for this game... there is hope...
by BlackDragonSlayer
14 Aug 2014, 00:20
Topic: Swordbearer, really?
Replies: 46
Views: 25794

Swordbearer is a fine name, but Magic Bird is completely unacceptable! :disagree:
by BlackDragonSlayer
14 Aug 2014, 00:18
Topic: Fortress vs Sylvan
Replies: 46
Views: 27835

Although the Sylvan is a more "classic" faction, I think it would be interesting if we saw the Fortress, so I voted for that. As of now, though, it doesn't seem as if it's popular with very many other people...
by BlackDragonSlayer
13 Mar 2014, 21:45
Topic: MMX DLC Announced
Replies: 10
Views: 6802

Re: MMX DLC Announced

Yeah... I prefer avoiding downloads whenever possible, so I always have to go on Ebay to buy the game from Europe/somewhere else. It's quite irritating that they don't offer the boxed edition for the U.S.
by BlackDragonSlayer
02 Mar 2014, 00:57
Topic: Mullich & Vanover Interview on H3
Replies: 4
Views: 3147

Re: Mullich & Vanover Interview on H3

But the artwork direction, the absence of gameplay changes, the mediocre music and the over-balancing made for a less interesting game, in my humble opinion. Those are all the things I love about H3 (the style of the world, and art in general, the engrossing and dynamic music that compliments the s...
by BlackDragonSlayer
01 Feb 2014, 01:43
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Do U Play?
Replies: 6
Views: 4157

Re: Do U Play?

Such is the nature of the bad karma they sowed when they created such a terrible gaming experience in H VI. I actually like HoMM VI so far (at least compared to the fifth one), aside from the fact that I can't leave my computer in sleep mode without Uplay kicking me off (and the fact that I've noti...
by BlackDragonSlayer
29 Jan 2014, 03:48

Re: Do U Play?

Ravenheart87 wrote:Previous Might & Magics had their animal based religions and temples too - Baa, Moo, Eep, Bark, etc...
Aah; makes sense now (somewhat :P)... I just wonder what that place is like.
by BlackDragonSlayer
27 Jan 2014, 23:30

*groan* Uplay...

What's that "Meow Dungeon" thing? Is it actually a cat-related dungeon, or is the name misleading to what the common player might think of when they first see it? :P
by BlackDragonSlayer
27 Jan 2014, 22:33
Topic: Under the Banner
Views: 2658

Re: Under the Banner

Well of course the environment changes. Virtually any fantasy game covers all kinds of different environments and weather, just like the real world, our planet, does. Well, firstly... the environment rarely changes so drastically (literally in walking distance)... and secondly, you completely misse...
by BlackDragonSlayer
24 Jan 2014, 16:41
Topic: Under the Banner
Views: 2658

Well... that environment seems to change pretty drastically. One minute, you're in the middle of a storm on a mountain/rocky field, then you pass by a temple, and WHAM! You're in a jungle!

Go to advanced search