Search found 53 matches

by Emjayen
14 Sep 2018, 10:12
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 552
Views: 9319718

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.1 [July 7, 2018]

OK, so this is even stranger. After installation, whenever I tried running without compatibility, I would get windows error during start saying "There aren't any D3D devices to init". Running setup would only show software mode available (with which the game would run). After playing for ...
by Emjayen
26 Jun 2017, 12:41
Topic: Might & Magic Compatibility Layer (Tool)
Replies: 22
Views: 21602

Re: Might & Magic Compatibility Layer (Tool)

Wanted to add one more thing, Emjayen. The very first time I ran M&M with the GF 2.0 patch and mmcl .03a, mouselook worked perfectly! I must've run through some things in the game for 30 minutes or so and mouselook was functioning fine--I remember because I had read your note about it breaking ...
by Emjayen
26 May 2017, 22:25

Ah, nice find. The reason it's crashing with greater resolutions is because the game is also being switched to software-2D mode with your fix, and support for greater resolutions requires the game to use its hardware-2D path. While trying to fix this myself I managed to produce the exact same behavi...
by Emjayen
25 May 2017, 01:33

The mouse problem is a known issue and is the current priority to be fixed.

Glad to hear it's helped otherwise :)
by Emjayen
23 May 2017, 09:51

0.0.0.3/Alpha (23-5-2017) ========================= - Added some in-game performance counters. Use the F7 key to toggle on/off - You can now cycle the texture filtering mode in-game using the F8 key - Implemented emulation support for MM7/8's software 2D rendering (see: "Software2D" in mmc...
by Emjayen
22 May 2017, 01:05

Cool! I'm surprised how much better everything actually looks in good resolution. I didn't notice problems with filtering. It's going to be great when it's done. Yeah, I, too was surprised. Particularly at how well the UI turned out given it's simply bilinearly scaled -- point filtering may even gi...
by Emjayen
21 May 2017, 13:18

tomchen1989 wrote:Sounds really great. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

Windows 10. Crash dump and other files are here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6nfgu4gh65j6 ... s.zip?dl=0
Thanks for the detailed report.

It appears you have a compatibility-mode enabled; try disabling it.
by Emjayen
21 May 2017, 06:39

0.0.0.2/Alpha (21-5-2017)
=========================
- Added support for Might & Magic VI
- Added support for Might & Magic VIII
by Emjayen
19 May 2017, 15:52

Might & Magic Compatibility Layer (Tool)

I've written this tool [MMCL] to provide better compatibility for Might & Magic 6, 7 and 8 with modern kernels by emulating the old DirectX APIs the game uses, solving a few common issues (e.g, "flickering", performance, ect) and better compatibility with tools such as screen-capture s...
by Emjayen
18 May 2017, 00:09
Topic: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]
Replies: 930
Views: 491965

Re: MMExtension v2.1 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [Apr 22, 2016]

@J. M. Sower I haven't looked into how resources are encoded, but I can tell you the game uses a 0x3FF (A1R5R5R5) color key in all UI rendering for masking transparent regions -- there are also rendering artifacts (around the edges) in the party screen aswell which is probably related to the root pr...
by Emjayen
12 May 2017, 00:03
Topic: A closer look at MM7's particle effects.
Replies: 0
Views: 2061

A closer look at MM7's particle effects.

http://i.imgur.com/DRBjBsg.png Observed while debugging a tool I'm working on. Although clearly nothing more than lit primitives, it's a nice contrast to how missiles are typically projected. Note: This is not a "mod", it's simply the game engine coerced into rendering at 1024x768 during ...
by Emjayen
08 May 2017, 03:28
Topic: Rendering anomaly (@GrayFace)
Replies: 3
Views: 2336

Re: Rendering anomaly (@GrayFace)

Is it with the latest version of my patch? 1.1, your patch fixes the bug. I looked over the source, may have been this: //----- A beam of Prismatic Light in the center of screen that doesn't disappear var FixPrismaticBugStd: function(size, unk: uint):ptr cdecl; function FixPrismaticBug(size, unk: u...
by Emjayen
27 Apr 2017, 22:20
Topic: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]
Replies: 930
Views: 491965

Re: MMExtension v2.1 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [Apr 22, 2016]

I found some code in Deasembler but i don't know any way to use it. What do you think? Maybe there is some way to summon that dialog boxes in game? ;| If the dialogs are used at all, then look for calls to CreateDialogA/CreateDialogW (or possibly DialogBoxA/DialogBoxW) which are implemented in user...
by Emjayen
27 Apr 2017, 07:11
Topic: Rendering anomaly (@GrayFace)
Replies: 3
Views: 2336

Rendering anomaly (@GrayFace)

Game began exhibiting the below behaviour, am wondering if you've ever experienced it during your work with MM7 (and if so, what causes it): http://i.imgur.com/m7RBTnG.png (clean 1.1 installation) EDIT: Come to think of it, looks almost like a bloodsplat ... except in rhw coordinates. I've tried eve...
by Emjayen
30 Mar 2017, 03:17
Topic: M&M 6-8 grayface patch mp3 music not working (solved)
Replies: 15
Views: 12203

Re: M&M 6-8 grayface patch mp3 music not working

It could be the mp3 format you're using for mm7 (although I doubt it) -- http://laserblue.org/mm7-mp3.zip try these.
by Emjayen
30 Mar 2017, 00:04
Topic: M&M 6-8 grayface patch mp3 music not working (solved)
Replies: 15
Views: 12203

Re: M&M 6-8 grayface patch mp3 music not working

I don't know much about how GrayFace has implemented his patch, however one thing you can do to rule it out being something simple is: Download API Monitor (32-bit)] Run API Monitor (32-bit) On the API filter window, select the Capture tab then check Data Access and Storage Go to File -> Monitor New...
by Emjayen
29 Mar 2017, 05:16
Topic: Might & Magic Discord server
Replies: 10
Views: 17077

Might & Magic Discord server

Greetings, I've setup a Discord server for Might & Magic related discussion with the hope it'll help in keeping the community alive. Invite link: https://discord.gg/tBj4qF5 (If you're unfamiliar with Discord, simply follow the link to join -- by default the browser-based client is used, however ...
by Emjayen
18 Jun 2016, 21:46
Topic: Question for GrayFace
Replies: 13
Views: 7538

Re: Question for GrayFace

Your compatibility mode also messes with mouse position, when I run the game the party is constantly spinning (I'm playing with mouse look). Interesting -- the mouse cursor has been a headache for awhile now, even though MMCL doesn't actually modify its behavior at all, it must be some indirect con...
by Emjayen
18 Jun 2016, 03:36

Yeah, I've known about mm7restool for awhile -- very cool. I'm curious as to how you managed to support 1280x1024 (or any arbitrary resolution) for the game's 3D rendering? The usage of pretransformed vertices, culling for 640x480, etc suggests it's quite hard-coded. Are you going open source with y...
by Emjayen
16 Jun 2016, 08:37

[ERROR (3)] Failed to allocate DxObject Seems like you hit the pool size limit. Here's an updated build that shouldn't have the same issue: http://wikisend.com/download/288006/ddraw.dll You're right, I've been testing against v1.1 to start with. Although originally I didn't expect any compatibility...

Go to advanced search