Search found 342 matches

by Echo
08 Jun 2016, 18:09
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Issues with Maestro's class update on 64bit system
Replies: 14
Views: 7348

Re: Issues with Maestro's class update on 64bit system

Perhaps someone has a patched .exe I could just use?
by Echo
08 Jun 2016, 13:49
Topic: Issues with Maestro's class update on 64bit system
Replies: 14
Views: 7348

Issues with Maestro's class update on 64bit system

Hey. I can't run the class update on Windows 10 64bit. I saw in another topic that the solution is to install it on a different 32bit system and then copy the exe, but I don't have such computer available. Is there perhaps another workaround in this day and age? :)

Thanks.
by Echo
21 Feb 2016, 16:58
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Replace HoMM4 portraits *without* Equilibris?
Replies: 21
Views: 15061

Re: Replace HoMM4 portraits *without* Equilibris?

Hey. Um, I suppose, though it's not my art so it's only for personal use. Mind you, there are only a few portraits in there and some are worse than others. I only made it to have fun in my game :p
http://www.filedropper.com/h4port
by Echo
22 Jan 2016, 15:24

Blah. Missclick post.
by Echo
22 Jan 2016, 15:23

Hey. Yea I have. I cut some faces from art I found online and made portraits from them :) I was too lazy to plug in the tablet so it's all mouse work, but here's a picture: http://imgur.com/9MEOW6n I've done it for my personal use so I didn't care much for finding images fitting the style of H4, to ...
by Echo
19 Jan 2016, 00:20

No need for me, I got everything I wanted so luckily I don't need to learn MH4 :) But thanks nonetheless. Maybe your explanations will help someone dropping by here in the future. Cheers.
by Echo
18 Jan 2016, 21:28

Okay, so I'm both an idiot and a genius. Idiot: - no idea whatsoever how to build a new.h4r file - can't find any equi file that I can open with text editor Genius: - I've made it work without using M4H whatsoerver, lol - after you said new.h4r is the same as new_mod.h4r only for vanilla game I just...
by Echo
18 Jan 2016, 20:41

Well, I changed the portraits for Equilibris a while back using the FaceTool utility (only for Equi :(), it seems to have packed the changed files into a portraits.h4r file. Mh4 can extract those files, and I found files of the same name in storm.h4r where I tried to put those. The portraits.h4r fil...
by Echo
18 Jan 2016, 13:11

I've tried using the FK file, I've got some newer version, but it gives me an error "Name length is overflow."

But isn't equi file an equilibris one and without portraits, too? I don't understand :(
by Echo
17 Jan 2016, 23:55

Replace HoMM4 portraits *without* Equilibris?

Hello. I've been trying to replace HoMM 4 portraits, but I can't seem to do it right (the Equilibris utility ROCKS, but it won't work on the regular game T-T). I've got ResEdit (can't seem to actually edit anything in it, just view, what am I doing wrong?), and I've got the mh4 utility that I totall...
by Echo
25 Nov 2015, 19:37
Topic: A question out of curiosity (MM utilities/merging)
Replies: 5
Views: 4293

A question out of curiosity (MM utilities/merging)

Hey guys! It's a question out of curiosity, maybe someone more familiar with the MM editors would be able to answer it. Playing through a full Baldur's Gate saga connected together made it hard not to think of it, though the case of MM is obviously different and most likely completely out of questio...
by Echo
29 Dec 2014, 00:48
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Era, VCMI and WoG confusion :(
Replies: 2
Views: 8579

Era, VCMI and WoG confusion :(

Heeey, It's been a while since I played HoMM3, last time I was confused (like I am now), so I just played through HotA campaign and then went back to my beloved old friend WoG (can't really enjoy HoMM3 much without it). But now I see the other projects are actually developing like crazy, and the thr...
by Echo
13 Jun 2014, 23:26
Topic: Might and Magic Tribute: 2012 Update
Replies: 32
Views: 31601

I don't even know a website link where I could follow the progress. Centuries ago, I remember offering to help with MMT, but while I don't have time for that anymore, I'd still like to send some warm feelings your way. EDIT: well I found the olde forums in my tabs, and there a topic in which I poste...
by Echo
08 Jun 2014, 22:00
Topic: Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser
Replies: 829
Views: 383062

I heard it won't be a team-based game anymore though (so one character), and the setting will closer to something steampunkish than the classical fantasy with some endgame Ancients twist?
by Echo
27 May 2014, 23:10
Topic: How hard would it be to import MM8 paperdolls+armors to MM7?
Replies: 9
Views: 7629

Not bad at all ^^ Saved the file for the time when I can modify stuff again! Cloaks would need some magic as I see for sure, but there's not that many of them, so it might be doable without too much hassle. Ye, I suppose this mod can work without BDJ's as it doesn't touch on events at all. I don't r...
by Echo
24 May 2014, 18:03

It's not a problem to import those non-morphing things, I've done it before: viewtopic.php?t=14593

I've written somewhere above my only idea about how to do it with armors, but I'm waiting patiently, maybe someone smart will have a better idea one day ;|
by Echo
20 May 2014, 00:36

Actually I'm pretty certain you don't need to edit any palette when it comes to all things inventory - they matter only for bitmaps and sprites. I've changed countless inventory items without issue, including the paperdolls, never once touching a palette. Same with the interface :) Also the thing is...
by Echo
04 May 2014, 17:26

Hm, I actually meant a simple MM8 to MM7 import. Paperdolls and armor, not doing anything new. I find that raw 3D art not really fitting the rest of MM, I know they used 3D models too (at least for the faces and NPC portraits {in MM7 only, 6 seemed to be drawn), but they made them look more 2D still...
by Echo
29 Apr 2014, 15:41
Topic: hello all, mm7 question here
Replies: 7
Views: 3601

I have got to wonder - what does it matter? Isn't the game over by then? I never even opened my quest log after finishing the game, I just turned it off.
by Echo
27 Apr 2014, 23:39
Topic: MM7 New Assets Hybrid Thingie
Replies: 39
Views: 31846

My game flashed too when I had Windows Media Player running in the background. Using a different music player (Foobar in my case) made the issue go away completely :) It's unrelated to the mods. If you know how to use the Autolod software (fastest way) or MM7viewer program, you can always import the...

Go to advanced search