Search found 50 matches

by Wizard of Soz
06 Feb 2022, 21:04
Forum: News
Topic: Upcoming Interview with David Mullich
Replies: 1
Views: 1530

Re: Upcoming Interview with David Mullich

I have a lore question that has been in my nogin for a while! A lot of Heroes IV flavour text mention the Kreegans near extenction; Was this a species wide extinction facing the entire spacefaring race across the cosmos (thus meaning the Ancients are probably winning that long war) or was it just th...
by Wizard of Soz
22 Jul 2017, 18:46
Topic: Shutdown of Might & Magic: Showdown
Replies: 15
Views: 10327

Re: Shutdown of Might & Magic: Showdown

Oh, I did not realize there were a couple of campaigns. Any new story/lore details or lore details from them anywhere I can find this?
by Wizard of Soz
09 Oct 2016, 19:56
Topic: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?
Replies: 64
Views: 34453

Re: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?

I really hope it is not mothballed, but it does seem that everything is wrapping up at the same time. That the official M&M franchise website is now down (after being there only for 2 or so years) which I think is an indication that they have lost interest in building the franchise up. Personall...
by Wizard of Soz
01 Feb 2016, 19:58
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - The Blessings of Freedom
Replies: 2
Views: 9066

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - The Blessings of Freedom

Whatever you do, make sure your heros are not in the north east section of the city when the magic barrier goes up as they get trapped there.
by Wizard of Soz
01 Feb 2016, 19:55
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - A Feast for the Gods
Replies: 4
Views: 9481

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - A Feast for the Gods

This map was odd, mainly because the enemy AI seemed super aggressive to the point of stupidity, whiiiiiiiich I totally took to my advantage! There are 3 big armies and they sometimes seem to combine under one hero. So I gave all my creatures to Tomas (minus the Orcs) and sent him immediately East t...
by Wizard of Soz
01 Feb 2016, 19:31
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Stronghold - No Peace in This World
Replies: 3
Views: 8243

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Stronghold - No Peace in This World

I found an interesting little strategy that can net you a lot of experience, stat boosters as well as resources to make the end game on this map a lot easier. Instead of taking Castleroc, position your strongest hero nearby either on the bridge or at the gate. Every time they produce a new hero or a...
by Wizard of Soz
19 May 2015, 12:30
Topic: Marzhin and Penin Twitching in May
Replies: 27
Views: 11917

Ok, I am a Newb to Twitch. Do you have to watch it live, or is there a recording that you can go back to and watch later?
by Wizard of Soz
07 Dec 2014, 13:12
Topic: 2014 Christmas Contest #1
Replies: 6
Views: 3633

2014 Christmas Contest #1

But, But, I already have one of those. Can I have a pretty hat with a unicorn instead? :P
by Wizard of Soz
06 Oct 2014, 21:13
Topic: Hereos Online : The game is now available.
Replies: 26
Views: 14489

Heroes Online : The game is now available.

Karmakeld - On second thoughts I may have been a bit harsh. I was playing the battles on expert rather than normal, thinking because I played other Heroes games this would be a walk in the park. I forgot that much of my success in previous games was though making use of save and reload which you don...
by Wizard of Soz
05 Oct 2014, 20:19

Thanks Roald! It's starting to feel more like 'pay to avoid a long and torturous experience'. It's the resource of time that is the issue with these free to play games! You spend ages waiting for new units (5 or so ghouls an hour), and resources to appear. And the answer is to pay to speed things up...
by Wizard of Soz
01 Oct 2014, 18:35
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Factions line-up
Replies: 267
Views: 109692

Is it? I still have old units Swordbearer when I look at the website.
by Wizard of Soz
01 Oct 2014, 18:34

Oh dear! I thought you like most Free to Play using money was just a way to speed up the process of advancing. Personally I prefer not paying and having more of a challenge! So does that mean to use an extra character I would have to pay rather than just get points (or seals)?
by Wizard of Soz
14 Sep 2014, 22:10
Topic: Vote for the Sylvan Lineup!
Replies: 80
Views: 33220

Vote for the Sylvan Lineup!

I thought from the initial vote that Sylvan would be all guerrilla warfare and light fast strikes i.e. Sylanna's Fury (which is why I chose Elves as it would make a good contrast to the other factions). So I guess its Sylanna's Fury for me.
by Wizard of Soz
12 Sep 2014, 12:31
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Haven Warrior
Views: 7189

Haven Warrior

Steve! He is definetly a Steve.
by Wizard of Soz
11 Sep 2014, 18:19
Topic: The Elves Have It
Views: 8350

The Elves Have It

Unless.... the majority of voters held off till last minute, though I think that is unlikely with most people having made up their minds far in advance.
by Wizard of Soz
07 Sep 2014, 21:29
Topic: Heroes VII : One moree weeke to vote for Dwarfs or Elves...
Views: 10939

Heroes VII : One more week to vote for Dwarfs or Elves...

Its actually less than a week. Only 4 days now!
by Wizard of Soz
07 Sep 2014, 13:52
Topic: Fortress vs Sylvan
Replies: 46
Views: 27844

Ok we have only a few days to really decide. Regardless of the where the Polls are placed more people seem to be going for Sylvan by quite a wide margin. Not sure what the main reasons are but I am pretty sure its a combination of nostalgia for the Rampart faction and the fact Sylvan have been unuse...
by Wizard of Soz
28 Aug 2014, 20:39

Well, Dungeon could end up containing more than just dark elves, of course. I also see dark elves not so much a part of Tolkien lore as the Forgotten Realms. D&D is an equally big influence. I think with all fantasy it comes to giving people something they can recognise (like dragons). However ...
by Wizard of Soz
28 Aug 2014, 17:48

I don't know. I don't really mind two different types of Elves that much.

I think my issue with Elves and dwarf is they have been done to death in fiction since Tolkien immemorial! I suppose so have the other factions too. I personally like it when they jazz things up a little, but that's just me.
by Wizard of Soz
28 Aug 2014, 17:24
Topic: Inferno vs Dungeon
Replies: 34
Views: 22594

I am not sure yet, both of these are factions I like. In terms of Storyline though Inferno does not really fit, especially given the death of the Falcon empresses which started this whole war. However, this could make the game very interesting indeed if Ivan is making a deal with the devil! It likel...

Go to advanced search