Search found 55 matches

by Flodarien
Feb 2 2013, 16:21
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: World of Xeen, DosBOX, Music and SFX
Replies: 11
Views: 6654

Alright. I managed to extract the SF2 file and put it in my BASSMIDI program. I set DosBOX to use that as the default Midi device. Then I put Roland Canvas/GS on Xeen as my Music device. The music sounds great. But the problem is in-game. As before, the sound effects are screwed up. Walking makes a ...
by Flodarien
Feb 2 2013, 1:33

I'm not even sure what you are trying for me to do now. I'm lost
by Flodarien
Jan 30 2013, 14:52

I'll try that. Thanks for the tip.

Edit: I went and downloaded the latest BASSMIDI, but when try to add soundfonts, it doesn't work, they don't show up on the list. Also, it looks for SF2 files, and the fonts I have are all SFArk files.
by Flodarien
Jan 30 2013, 3:04

Well, without a sound card that can do Midi, I have not found a way to make a virtual midi interpreter. Guess I'll have to play with boring old Sound Blaster Pro.
by Flodarien
Jan 27 2013, 4:04

No such luck with soundblaster cards on my computer. I have the on-board realtek chip. I guess I'll take a look at virtual midi devices.

BTW, I saw a video once that someone made with Xeen music using different sound fonts. I was wondering if someone knew where it was.
by Flodarien
Jan 24 2013, 15:05

World of Xeen, DosBOX, Music and SFX

I was wondering how I could make my WoX sound like that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oo-77UUarw Basically, he plays the game using the Roland MT-32 setting, but whenever I use it, it does the wrong effects, like making a telephone ring instead of a door cracking when I open them. If I look at my...
by Flodarien
Jan 19 2013, 15:39
Topic: JeffLudwig MM7 Mod
Replies: 39
Views: 10511

The Ranger arc is still very much the same, and the class name edits are simply that, simple semantics. It reflects my personal thoughts on the connotations of various classes. To me, "Archer" connotes a uni-dimensional ranged warrior, with no magical capabilities but superior bowmanship ...
by Flodarien
Jan 19 2013, 15:33
Topic: Blue bite is flying me to dusseldorf
Replies: 13
Views: 4962

@Variol But my question still stands. Will they have the balls to have a different number of units per faction? Like, Have 3 different units for Orcs: Goblins, Orcs and Ogres??, but lots of 'em. That would not be Heroes-style, and in my opinion, would ruin the gameplay that was established since He...
by Flodarien
Jan 16 2013, 23:58
Topic: Apply Grayface patch to MM7-Rel.exe?
Views: 5617

But at least, it's a better patch than the vanilla game.
by Flodarien
Jan 16 2013, 2:56
Topic: Apply Grayface patch to MM7-Rel.exe?
Views: 5617

I thought that the GoG versions of MM6 through 8 had the Greyface patch with them already? Why would you need another one?
by Flodarien
Jan 12 2013, 15:27
Topic: JeffLudwig MM7 Mod
Replies: 39
Views: 10511

I am at a lost to know which stats gives my character more MP. For now, I'll take them as they were analogous to the classes in regular MM7, but it's a bit confusing, now that all classes (beside warrior) get both wizard and cleric magics, even some right off the bat.
by Flodarien
Jan 12 2013, 4:55
Topic: Char portrait resemblences to Heroes?
Replies: 4
Views: 2634

[quote="Avonu"]For me these characters resamble:

1. Obelix

Me and my brother always said he looked like Obelix. It's odd that we never took him and named him that way, and make him Knight with insane strength
by Flodarien
Dec 30 2012, 4:38
Topic: About the GOG versions
Replies: 16
Views: 4154

You are wrong because GOG versions are always DRM free, no platform needed, no activation, just download, install and play. Well, this could have been phrased differently. You could just have aid it more politely. How about "I think you may be on the wrong with this. GOG versions of game have ...
by Flodarien
Dec 26 2012, 21:11
Topic: Favorite MM game
Replies: 35
Views: 12221

StoneCold wrote:MM6, I had nightmares of floating eyes for months...

Oh well. No game is perfect.
by Flodarien
Dec 26 2012, 20:40
Topic: What gerne of music is it?
Replies: 5
Views: 2145

Actually, MM7 and MM8 had a really different type of music than MM6. The music in these two games are more like the music in Heroes 3. And personally, I don't think it fits with the RPG style of the main games.
by Flodarien
Dec 6 2012, 16:45
Topic: Favorite MM game
Replies: 35
Views: 12221

For me, it would be World of Xeen. The whole game. The music, and story were top notch when it came out.

Third place would go to MM6 though. I love the music, and the atmosphere. And for some reason, when spring comes, it always makes me want to play MM6.
by Flodarien
Nov 26 2012, 13:18
Topic: Might & Magic 7 Artifact Questions
Replies: 14
Views: 10255

Master spear allows spear type weapons (tridents/spears/halberds) to be held in one hand (right hand) instead of requiring two hands. In order to make use of this, you need to have something in your left hand, which for knights is almost always a sword at master level. I thought that Spear didn't r...
by Flodarien
Nov 1 2012, 3:46
Topic: World of Xeen - Advice for first time player
Replies: 24
Views: 11888

Oh! I remember the Armadillos when I was younger. I didn't have MM4, so I had to rely on the Beast sleep spell (Can't remember the name). But that was the worst step in the leveling. With a starting party at Level 20 with decent gear, MM5 will seem like cakewalk, especially when doing Castleview.
by Flodarien
Nov 1 2012, 3:40
Topic: Might and Magic 6 - Can you store items in containers?
Replies: 10
Views: 5092

Not every zone are on a 6 month timer. New Sorpigal is, but Ironfist and Mist are on a 24 months respawn timer, and Bootleg Bay is on 8 months.
by Flodarien
Oct 31 2012, 1:02
Topic: World of Xeen - Advice for first time player
Replies: 24
Views: 11888

First and foremost, age. I've read in several places that (natural) aging is not an issue unless you really really try to make it one. Well, if you do not want to make Natural aging a problem, I can suggest that you do not rest at every step to regain your health. Resting takes 8 hours, and each st...

Go to advanced search