Search found 113 matches

by Bloax
Feb 7 2014, 7:26
Forum: Articles
Topic: Our MMX Review
Replies: 15
Views: 5244

I have to agree on the music - I can barely make it out in-game and when it is there it's not quite as moody as the MM6-8 tracks.
Which just meant that I went on to play other things in the background instead. (:( )

edit: jesus christ don't write stuff like this at eight in the morning
by Bloax
Feb 6 2014, 7:06
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magic X
Replies: 258
Views: 89642

The one thing that I really don't see the point of is why armor skill only serves to reduce the (relatively minor) accuracy penalty, at least in the previous games investment into defenses actually gave you defenses.
by Bloax
Feb 4 2014, 19:37
Topic: MMX Bugs
Replies: 40
Views: 15296

It's the one that gives you the Ancestor Mask, and it wouldn't make sense that there are traps that don't follow the scheme in that crypt - since every single one of them (except this one) do. It is minesweeper, after all. Except with only orthogonal directions - and colors instead of numbers. (The ...
by Bloax
Feb 4 2014, 19:10

Pretty big spoilers in this image, but there's a buggy tile in the minesweeper crypt. One of the yellow tiles (the one on 3,7) should actually be orange!
by Bloax
Feb 4 2014, 18:33

Speaking of barbarians, I currently have a pretty **** twohander for the guy - should I switch to the (Irnaran) axe relic? It'd be a pretty dumb move, considering I already pumped maces to 15 on the guy, but I'm curious. Edit: Kudos to whoever had the idea of a minesweeper puzzlecrypt. That was a pl...
by Bloax
Feb 3 2014, 17:53

Challenging with your leftmost character seemed to limit the hit to the F1 and F2 characters, which if you arranged the party so that these slots are occupied by your toughest characters ought to provide an advantage over having your casters get obliterated.

but that's not fun
by Bloax
Feb 3 2014, 15:56

Nine hours is nothing, I think I spent more than eleven yesterday. :p I am playing on adventurer mode though, since I don't feel like jumping straight to hardmode in a game I don't know anything about. But no, I didn't have much in the sense of resistances (no dark magic user, haha) or any other way...
by Bloax
Feb 3 2014, 10:58

Say guys, at what party level did you kill the shadow dragon/cyclops around Sorpigal?
They came down with relative ease around level 12 in a Bladedancer/Runepriest/Barbarian/Druid party, although I'm pretty sure another bladedancer would be better than the barbarian.
by Bloax
Feb 3 2014, 8:39
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HOMM 3 map editor struggles
Replies: 3
Views: 3188

Alternatively you could just disable UAC , which by default in Windows 7 denies access to the Program Files folder (and various others). Just make sure to reboot after disabling it to make it take effect. But before reboot you should save the map in your documents folder. (Since you can't save it in...
by Bloax
Feb 2 2014, 23:03

Interface quirks: Double-tapping the F1-F4 keys don't open up the inventory screen. Using a targetted spell (like if you're curing weakness from multiple characters) from the spellbook outside of combat probably shouldn't close it. Double-clicking on a save in the load screen doesn't load the save. ...
by Bloax
Jan 8 2014, 10:43
Topic: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.3.1 [June 10, 2019]
Replies: 162
Views: 89218

Inside the MM8.exe folder there should be a file called "MM8.ini", and that's where you change things.
Although if you haven't set your folder settings to show the file extensions this could've been hard to spot.
by Bloax
Dec 16 2013, 22:32
Topic: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.3.1 [June 10, 2019]
Replies: 388
Views: 210484

There seems to be some kind of bizarre audio issue with the GOG version of this game, and this patch seems to amplify it a lot.
Any ideas for what the hell this could be?
by Bloax
Nov 28 2013, 11:09
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 3 creature
Replies: 170
Views: 50201

Jesus christ those arguments on the first pages. (And since I'm lazy I haven't read past page 3 because it's embarrassing.) HoMM3 is a strategy game and thus you're gonna have a bad time if you don't exploit the strengths and cover the weaknesses of your units. Caging units against eachother might b...
by Bloax
Nov 27 2013, 8:57
Topic: MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction
Replies: 357
Views: 154344

orzie wrote:I mean, words like 'hitpoints' and direct short-word constructions like 'this class can do this and that' should be avoided, otherwise it turns into math.

That would be easy enough to avoid if it wasn't merely a rewrite of the original description. ;)
by Bloax
Nov 26 2013, 18:21

Since I felt like it, have a dark knight description for a start: Dark Knights were once among the ranks of the knights of the living, but now they are neither plain walking dead - nor ordinary vampires. Being knights in their former life, they specialize in mortal combat - and can become proficient...
by Bloax
Oct 8 2013, 10:11
Topic: MM 6/7/8 Total Remake
Replies: 296
Views: 204352

There's also texture filtering with actually working translations. (Note the blue on the guy nearby.)
by Bloax
Aug 22 2013, 17:35
Topic: Upcoming MMX Preview
Replies: 21
Views: 7821

I'm going to miss the dress-up paperdolls, but unlike Legend of Grimrock this is truly turn-based. Which sounds better than awkward-movement realtime.

Though judging by a single video, I'd hope the movement speed can be adjusted - since it looks a bit slow in that video.
by Bloax
Aug 18 2013, 2:56

Haha, nice.

But yeah -
is a keeper.
by Bloax
Aug 10 2013, 23:21
Topic: Heroes 3 Death Knight Death Blow Ability
Replies: 16
Views: 5545

Let's not forget that while they may be the best (and arguably the coolest) level 6 units - bone and ghost dragons are quite sub-par level 7 units to counter it.
Which is tragic. Image
by Bloax
Aug 10 2013, 17:50

Well that looks fine and all, but the mind elemental looks far too feminine (mostly the neck, but the eyes could be more square too) (And seriously why high-heels on the pixies, that's just silly! ) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63152810/n/iunno.png It was also missing the iconic scarf-thing, ...

Go to advanced search