Search found 113 matches

by Bloax
Apr 29 2015, 13:24
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: H7 Ancient Behemoth
Replies: 16
Views: 2153

I did expect that answer. :P HoMM1 differed a lot from the future HoMMs and we can all just pretend Heroes 6 never happened. Funnily enough then the further into the HoMMs we go, the less I like the designs of the titans; I like the H2 ones more than the H3 ones - although I also really like the H3 ...
by Bloax
Apr 28 2015, 18:45

If I am to take a wild guess then I would guess muh ashan lore muh artistic integrity but that's a wild shot in the dark. The funny thing is that I'm not even sure if most of the most characteristic HoMM units had any "lore" behind them in HoMM3; I certainly know titans don't, and what is ...
by Bloax
Apr 28 2015, 17:35

It looks far too human (or well, too gorilla-like just like the H4 one) and the braids don't really help.
The HoMM3 behemoths were liked exactly for their grim, monstrous appearance.
by Bloax
Apr 15 2015, 6:19
Forum: News
Topic: Voting for Vampires!
Replies: 139
Views: 19485

All I can say is that
Erwinner wrote:new creatures in Heroes were once the standard, now they've become a luxury apparently, which is the matter of contention lol

is actually quite true.

and yeah what the hell this thread blew up
by Bloax
Mar 12 2015, 10:44
Topic: H7: New of the game - March Part 1
Replies: 6
Views: 2274

Re: H7: New of the game - March Part 1

Panda Tar wrote:
Aemaeth wrote:Players are quite satisfied of modifications !

Are you really, really, really sure of that? :D Like with-sugar-on-top-sure? :lol:

Absolutely. Image
by Bloax
Mar 9 2015, 8:54
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod
Replies: 93
Views: 77206

For some reason I find it really hilarious that you use Alamar for this, but at least it looks great.
by Bloax
Feb 28 2015, 0:35
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Sound Council - Which theme suits best its faction?
Replies: 33
Views: 11912

It would seem like I like the necropolis theme the most, the problem is just that it's not really fitting the theme of a deathly, somber atmosphere with it being all upbeat and all. Or am I just mysteriously spoiled by all the other **** I listen to? Hm. I mean god damn, it's the land of the living ...
by Bloax
Feb 9 2015, 8:57
Topic: rotating camera please!
Replies: 10
Views: 3554

A static camera makes creating secrets much easier while making the detailing job less painful since you don't have to spend time making things look good from all angles.

So really, a static camera has a lot of goodies for a game like HoMM that a free camera doesn't have for much smaller benefits.
by Bloax
Jan 24 2015, 12:06
Topic: H7 Necropolis Lineup
Replies: 11
Views: 2299

Christ, what is up with the faces of all these things; The vampires look ugly as sin with the lower part of their face all swollen up combined with the monster chin, and the liches aren't even part of the skeleton master race . Urgh. I would much prefer "Prince Arthas" to those vampires, s...
by Bloax
Dec 25 2014, 4:56
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM7 multiplayer project
Replies: 18
Views: 8191

I would much rather prefer playing MM7 with one player controlling the movement (and perhaps a character) and other players controlling the single characters.
(I.e. they share the same screen.)

But maybe that's just me.
by Bloax
Dec 18 2014, 17:22
Topic: Adblock?
Views: 3528

Hm, that's certainly interesting.
I'm still down on throwing coins though.
by Bloax
Dec 15 2014, 1:32
Topic: H7 Pyramid
Replies: 5
Views: 1314

Re: H7 Pyramid

What would the sphinx do to attack? Ask questions on the battlefield and eat you if you get the answer wrong? :D No, it would make the attacker instead get a prompt wherein they had to answer some cryptic as **** riddle. Getting it wrong would then instantly kill the entire army of the attacking he...
by Bloax
Dec 11 2014, 23:25
Topic: Ubisoft Announce H3 HD!
Replies: 44
Views: 10186

Maybe they should have based it off VCMI instead. :1
by Bloax
Dec 7 2014, 3:29
Topic: Adblock?
Views: 3528

I'm not going to stop using adblock, although if you can set up a way to toss some coin against the server bills then I'd gladly toss some at some point.
(I can't imagine the ad income being anything but miserable for a site as crowded as CH is these days.)
by Bloax
Nov 27 2014, 21:25
Topic: MM3 - some questions, just started playing
Replies: 30
Views: 6732

In MM6-8 hirelings take a percentage (depending on the hireling type) of all gold you pick up, instead of whatever it is that they did in MM3.
(By the sounds of it, they instead took a percentage of your total gold every day.)
by Bloax
Nov 27 2014, 17:35
Topic: MM3 - some questions, just started playing
Replies: 30
Views: 6732

For not losing all your gold when you die.
Otherwise, nothing.
by Bloax
Nov 22 2014, 21:17
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 51048

I can understand the negativity from the disasterpiece that was HoMM6, but calling 7 a bag of **** before they even have all of the monster designs finalized is a bit of a hasty decision, is it not? But yes, I'll buy it at some point likely closely after its release unless everyone quickly finds out...
by Bloax
Nov 22 2014, 14:21
Topic: H7 Hydra
Replies: 5
Views: 1435

It looks like a grittier variant of the HoMM2 hydra that uses the HoMM3 hydra colorscheme.
In other words, quite good ****.
by Bloax
Nov 16 2014, 15:36
Topic: M&M 6-8 as HoMM3 campaigns
Replies: 6
Views: 3638

Well it would be great if your "units" could have an RPG progression, which would make this a good candidate for demonstrating VCMI features once it actually does support scripting something like this.
by Bloax
Nov 3 2014, 8:31
Topic: MM7: Yet another skill table mod! (for better balance IMO)
Replies: 34
Views: 14305

I just posted why it's extremely hard if you're playing with (A mod of some variant of the survival mod, except with vanilla items and less absurd monster hp values.) this thing The Thief will become the only class able to get to Master. Was the super tanky Pseudo-Knight Paladin too strong? :^)

Go to advanced search