"You can set jump speed ("JumpSpeed") in mm8.ini."

I will give it a shot, thanks.
by vmxa
17 Jan 2012, 13:49
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction
Replies: 366
Views: 251944

Getting in the hive is not a problem. It is jumping up to each level. For years I could not do it, some time around 4 years after the game came out. I thought it was due to faster processors. After the recent patches by Greyface I was able to jump up to the the first and second level, but it was not...
by vmxa
15 Jan 2012, 16:06
Topic: MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction
Replies: 366
Views: 251944

Any chance that you could change the nest to have stairs? For years I could not jump up to all the floors. I think that has been improved, but is still a pain and I just skip that dungeon.

BTW cool looking bugs.
by vmxa
12 Jan 2012, 13:08
Topic: dragon ca't fly/cauri blackthorne is not recognised as free
Replies: 8
Views: 3700

As to the dragon, just a guess but did you use an editor on him to get the master level? I never had any problem with him, but I have not used in in a party in years. Probably before Greyface or Mok patches, so I do not know if they impact that character. Do you know how to make the dragon fly? I me...
by vmxa
12 Jan 2012, 13:04
Topic: dragon ca't fly/cauri blackthorne is not recognised as free
Views: 3700

I think I had the Cauri issue once many years ago. iirc it was caused by not visiting the last house in the NE in Alvar to get info about her having gone missing prior to going to Murwoods. When you check on your quest, does it show up as still open? Normally I do not go back to the scroll giver Dan...
by vmxa
20 Dec 2011, 14:35
Topic: Favourite Dungeon in MM6,7&8
Replies: 9
Views: 5353

Hate castle Almos as it is a pain to navigate as is Darkmoor. When I get to that point in the game I tend to put it away for weeks. Finally coming back to plow through them. MM6 the Dragon Caves of Kriegs.. As it has lots of good loot, but is a not an easy take down. MM7 Maze MM8 Crystal Palace in R...
by vmxa
19 Dec 2011, 18:09
Topic: DirectX fail although I have ver 9
Replies: 6
Views: 3560

Been failing the test for years on so many systems. Not enough disk space was one I recall, as it had no idea about giga bytes.
by vmxa
19 Dec 2011, 18:06
Topic: Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)
Replies: 218
Views: 142559

Tatalia is in HoMM 3 the home of the fortress town, which has units including, Lizard men, basilisks, Wyverns and hydra... Never really associated Fortress towns with any specific area as they seem to be all over the place in Homm3 and not in MMVI or VII. I guess, if I replayed the campaigns, I may...
by vmxa
19 Dec 2011, 17:58
Topic: MM6&7: Questions regarding skill points and learning
Views: 8685

iirc it goes up 1 skill pt per 10 levels

So if you get 4pt level 1-10, you would get 5 per level 11-20.
by vmxa
18 Dec 2011, 14:32
Topic: Help running might and magic on winXP.
Replies: 11
Views: 6515

It takes a bit of work initially, but using a front end like ProGammaX makes it a single click to start Dosbox games. I usually have 4-6 games setup in ProGammaX. I have used other front end apps found on DsBox's site in the past. They pass on DosBox commands like mount and do the change directory a...
by vmxa
18 Dec 2011, 14:26
Topic: Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)
Replies: 218
Views: 142559

What reptiles are in Tatalia? In MM7 there are trolls, one dragon in a cave and human forms. There are ghost in the island dungeon.
by vmxa
16 Dec 2011, 14:06
Topic: Might and Magic I playthrough complete
Replies: 16
Views: 7966

Homm3, with all its addons, is pretty long. Did you also get all the Chronicles for Homm3? They were fairly short.
by vmxa
06 Dec 2011, 14:00
Topic: M&MX: December 2011
Replies: 25
Views: 9130

In MM6 some towns the peons were a pain as they constantly get in the way. MM7 was less so and MM8 you could pass through them and the guards, so no problem.

At least in MM7 you could kill them and pay a fine and be done with them.
by vmxa
25 Nov 2011, 15:09
Topic: Might and Magic mods, projects and stuff (updated)
Replies: 74
Views: 223879

I know I am a heritic for this, but I would have liked to see some reduction in the number of Dragons in Dragonsand around the Shrine. Same for Titans in Hermits Island. It is not so much that they are hard to kill, but just takes to much time. It is not adding anything to my adventure to kill so ma...
by vmxa
20 Nov 2011, 20:21
Topic: Is this copyrighted anymore?
Replies: 7
Views: 3252

It is not easy to say, if they have the rights to the music. Often the rights are for specific formats, like CD or diskettes. It was an ongoing battles for a time over getting extra compensation for digital formats.

Those may lie with the artist for games that predate DVD and DLC.
by vmxa
20 Nov 2011, 20:16
Topic: Might and Magic editing
Views: 9169

It looks like a repalcement for the Fort in Erathia. Especially with the water.
by vmxa
17 Nov 2011, 14:40
Topic: New faces Reconstruction of portraits from M&M6beta
Replies: 15
Views: 13621

Not that I can find. It is not in the user manual.
by vmxa
16 Nov 2011, 16:04
Topic: New faces Reconstruction of portraits from M&M6beta
Replies: 15
Views: 13621

Never stop to realize how many faces characters have during a game.
by vmxa
08 Nov 2011, 18:04
Topic: Might & Magic VI - Special vs. Limited Edition
Replies: 10
Views: 7891

limited edition

I remember buying MM6 that came in a very large box. I do not have the box, but I still have all the maps. One is cloth and one is paper. I have several other maps, a few look like Xeen to me. I know I bought 4 and 5 and I think they combined for clouds of Xeen. I am not sure as I bought them for my...

Go to advanced search