Search found 51 matches

by mysticc
27 Oct 2011, 20:48
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: I decided to get it
Replies: 7
Views: 3879

I decided to get it

There's a lot of things that I really like about the game. I'm having some issues though that maybe someone could clear up. 1. Sometimes while playing, you can't scroll the campaign map with your mouse anymore - it just becomes disabled randomly. Anyone else have this problem? 2. There's a lot weird...
by mysticc
27 Oct 2011, 20:37
Topic: Underestimated Skills/Spells/Abilities
Replies: 17
Views: 10765

Yeah, but what does that mean? That's just gibberish to me. What is advanced level? Advanced to what? And how is this different from getting it at a Mage Tower in your town or on the campaign map? What does it actually do?
by mysticc
27 Oct 2011, 19:08
Topic: Underestimated Skills/Spells/Abilities
Replies: 17
Views: 10765

What does Power of Speed do exactly? I took it, because there was nothing else worth taking, but what does it actually do? You say it helped you beat Godric's Army, but you didn't say how. thanks! ;)
by mysticc
26 Oct 2011, 20:03
Topic: Tactics Help with Haven
Replies: 30
Views: 9107

Yeah, it was weird to switch to the sylvan army. I was just sort of getting used to the inferno army. Well, the sylvan army just wrecked everything. Beat it in a few hours. 22 emerald dragons ftw? :P

I'm on to mission 4. I think I'm getting the hang of things now. I hope my success continues ;)
by mysticc
26 Oct 2011, 14:53

I managed to beat the first garrison battle without losing a nightmare. I only lost about 13 imps and 16 familiars in total, which is probably acceptable. I don't know how I could possibly do any better than that. There's one battle after you took over the first sylvan town against the druids guardi...
by mysticc
26 Oct 2011, 01:44

Is there any way to dodge the attack by the Elf hero where he shoots an arrow and kills a really expensive unit? I chose 4 nightmares as my bonus unit, and I can't seem to defeat the first garrison without losing one of the nightmares :(
by mysticc
26 Oct 2011, 00:56
Topic: Official HoMM VI Reviews.
Replies: 78
Views: 33168

Well, that's just it. I don't think he said anything wrong from what I've seen in his review. The score though is totally inaccurate based on what he said. I would say even despite the uplay problems and the bugs, it's a 7. And yes, if both of those were corrected, I'd say 8.5 to 9 is more like it. ...
by mysticc
25 Oct 2011, 23:58

No biggie, I just keep an eye on Metacritic. Here's the latest one: http://www.incgamers.com/Reviews/1252/turning-bases-in-might--magic-heroes-vi-review 5/10 It's hard to take any reviewer seriously when they give this game anything less than a 7. And why not? That review pointed out some very good...
by mysticc
25 Oct 2011, 23:33

Oh I misunderstood you about telling if someone is an archer or not. Unfortunately no, you can't really tell that without entering the battle first, unless you right click to get their name, then look up their stats online or in a guide book. Yeah, this is what I thought. This is bad design to me. ...
by mysticc
25 Oct 2011, 22:17

Yeah, I've been trying to get light magic. I ran into the level cap last game, so I'm going to get more light magic in the 2nd mission. I still don't know what you mean about telling if a unit is ranged before you enter the battle. Yes, I know you can find this out after the battle is started, but t...
by mysticc
25 Oct 2011, 22:07

Metathron wrote:No biggie, I just keep an eye on Metacritic. Here's the latest one:

http://www.incgamers.com/Reviews/1252/t ... -vi-review 5/10
It's hard to take any reviewer seriously when they give this game anything less than a 7.
by mysticc
25 Oct 2011, 21:07

I managed to beat it. i think I got most of the benefits - at least the permanent ones. I wish I nabbed more gold though to buy more units towards the end. The last battle was kind of hard. There are some unfair battles in this one, like the water elementals in the cave. Yeah right. I just skipped t...
by mysticc
25 Oct 2011, 18:01

With the Inferno campaign, what are the best ways to not lake loses?

In the first mission, you have to fight 10 priests. the best I can do is lose 30 imps.

Is it possible to do better? How?
by mysticc
25 Oct 2011, 17:31
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Cultist → The Betrayal
Replies: 35
Views: 23974

The Cultist → The Betrayal

How do you attack the priests at the very beginning and not losing anything or only lose useless imps?
by mysticc
25 Oct 2011, 17:15

I figured out the problem, and beat the mission. The problem was that the AI got stuck, and so Agreal (I think that's how you spell it) was actually stuck in the section of my map in the screenshot I posted that wasn't unveiled yet. I didn't even know I could go in there actually, but I tried it sin...
by mysticc
25 Oct 2011, 16:22

I'll try with isabel. I hope I don't have to restart the map. That's several hours of play gone down the drain :(

EDIT: See this picture:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/443421/homm5-1.png

You can clearly see I have both heroes there.
by mysticc
25 Oct 2011, 15:59

Yeah, I went there with godric. I also already gave the tears of ashara (or whatever it's called) to Dunmoor. So my town has this artifact and the town level is 35 (it has that building constructed). So I'm not sure what else to do. I've killed every unit on the map, I've killed a bunch of the red f...
by mysticc
25 Oct 2011, 15:27
Topic: Simple Questions Simple Answers thread
Replies: 310
Views: 154706

Question: How much do the dynasty weapons affect the balance of the game? Are they small 5% bonuses, or do they make a really meaningful difference that playing on a laptop without an internet connection would make it not as enjoyable? What do they give exactly?
by mysticc
25 Oct 2011, 12:58

Does Chapter 1-5 have a bug in it where you can go to the SE corner of the map and not win? I got no victory screen. There are 2 gates. I killed the bottom one easily, but the top one is insane. It has 100 top tier 6 or 7 units. There's no way I can win.

Please don't say I have to restart...
by mysticc
25 Oct 2011, 03:09

I think the challenge is fine. I wish the maps were a bit smaller, at least The Trap - a little too big. The griffons are a really annoying creature. Several times now, they land in a spot that blocks my cavaliers from attacking because there is walls in the terrain. This is so annoying since I know...

Go to advanced search