Search found 335 matches

by markkur
Apr 27 2015, 12:20
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: H7 Collectors Edition
Replies: 11
Views: 2504

Add another vote to....WHAT!? A Collector's Edition should be for a game that...exists in hand. Goodness me, it used to go this way; "That game is so good I must have a CE." To what new depth will Marketing sink? "I have an idea and it's going to be great! Think I'll sell a CE of my i...
by markkur
Apr 13 2015, 22:46
Topic: Ivan the Terrible
Replies: 17
Views: 2080

Oh my. Ivan's unfortunate armor design.

Pay attention...for it proudly points to his peepee but that dagger-end will make him a woman the first time in battle. <L>
by markkur
Apr 5 2015, 14:27
Topic: The Argonath
Replies: 4
Views: 1490

I wish they'd lose and forever forget those floating banners - this is not TW. I detest billboards anywhere and <imo> the scene is polluted in much the same way. <iow> it looks like the proverbial "you are here" is everywhere. <L> But...I am indeed a very picky old map-mage. @ToweringAmish...
by markkur
Mar 30 2015, 17:33
Forum: News
Topic: Voting for Vampires!
Replies: 139
Views: 16731

Heheee nice, reminds me of the interviews we did back in the day. :) yeah, lots of good stuff there. I found the comics a few years back. I thought the following quite appropriate. :D The undergrowth crackles warningly. Crag gestures for everyone to duck for cover, which in Sandro's case is more of...
by markkur
Mar 29 2015, 16:29
Topic: Voting for Vampires!
Replies: 139
Views: 16731

Famous Interviewer: It's been rumored markkur that you don't care for the new art direction, is this true? markkur: Yes. Take that Arnold Vampire; he should go on a serious diet, lose the sword and the armor, and just go "blah." FI: “A Purist eh?” m: “Idk about that but the Vampire images ...
by markkur
Mar 13 2015, 10:39
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Editor tips for H5
Replies: 28
Views: 32259

Where are you seeing that statement and what version of the game? Also, what do you mean by RE-upgrade? When you have an already upgraded unit and try to re-upgrade to the other version (for example : goblin trapper to witch doctor or the other way around) that is the message you get at the Hill-Fo...
by markkur
Jan 21 2015, 12:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: H5 maps, a helping hand?
Replies: 0
Views: 1408

H5 maps, a helping hand?

I have a lot of custom maps I've made for H5 and want to upload them here at CH but I cannot take a screenshot of the maps to give to Kalah with the maps. A long time back something captured my screenshot-function and it has not worked since. All I'm looking for is the typical up and down like you s...
by markkur
Jan 21 2015, 11:52
Topic: H5 Enlightenment bugged?
Replies: 1
Views: 1511

Wouldn't it matter where stats were at the time of getting Enlightenment and also the following level-ups? One time I did the same thing and I forgot the starting stats but even accounting for those I think my first comment figures into the equation. Don't know if I'm correct, just a maybe.
by markkur
Dec 27 2014, 6:26
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Editor tips for H5
Replies: 28
Views: 32259

Where are you seeing that statement and what version of the game?

Also, what do you mean by RE-upgrade?
by markkur
Nov 3 2014, 11:09
Topic: Map Control Explained
Replies: 6
Views: 2722

@ Panda Tar About AoC, I doubt it will be "in" w/o something like the 7 days and no take a town = you lose feature . If that limit is unchecked by the map maker surely he will have the smarts to give you what you need in that isolated place. @ All The one area I'm not very excited is Z of ...
by markkur
Sep 21 2014, 14:39
Topic: The Gold Mine
Replies: 22
Views: 3339

Re: The Gold Mine

If anything, the adventure map has become more realistic in terms of relative proportions. Agreed and glad of it. Now if someone could wrap their minds around "Scale." <imo> a magical world could be much closer to a realistic look, even with fantasy structures etc. After all there is Zoom...
by markkur
Sep 20 2014, 10:03

hellegennes wrote: I guess you didn't mind back then..

Not so much, I've just grown more tired of it. Especially when the Hero stands next to something that looks like ants would have to push.
by markkur
Sep 18 2014, 12:30

hellegennes wrote:I don't see any spikes.

Ok... One "spike" (it's pointy) and one "spire"

And things don't have to be realistic but they shouldn't look silly either; like that very tiny tram in front of immense pillars.
by markkur
Sep 16 2014, 14:05

Goodness. Even mines have to have spikes now. <g> And come-now, make that dang gold tram larger; say half the size of that "majestic-pillared entrance."
by markkur
Sep 5 2014, 13:29
Topic: H7 Underground
Replies: 13
Views: 2692

Well, I'm sure I am biased but I hope H7 is like H5 because with the H5 Editor everything (landscape and all lighting) could be changed, you just had to know how and it's easy to learn. I made many maps with significant differences in what a player encountered going down. I laughed at the small brid...
by markkur
Aug 20 2014, 1:08
Topic: Heroes VII Announced
Replies: 68
Views: 10883

After reading the interview Kalah just posted, I'm sure..."the times they are a changin'"...back :D
by markkur
Aug 19 2014, 12:21
Topic: Heroes VII Announced
Replies: 68
Views: 10883

Re: Heroes VII Announced

... they have been tone deaf when listening to fans about the Heroes franchise. Thought I'd pop on and strongly second. I probably used the H5 editor has much as anyone has but the thing was only half finished (had to script missing functions) and had "some" strengths with some weaknesses...
by markkur
Aug 1 2014, 11:43
Topic: Map Generator
Replies: 6
Views: 5027

Did you figure it out?
by markkur
Jul 27 2014, 21:12
Topic: Fire Scene
Replies: 5
Views: 1392

Deeper in the "Shared" files under the View\Map Properties Tree are the Fire-effects and all else. Just place an object, highlight it with the "Tree" open and click on the shared line and then the left box and pick the desired Object, Effect, Particle, etc. from the dropdown. Not...
by markkur
Jul 18 2014, 13:05
Topic: Any mod to import music themes from H3 & H4 ?
Replies: 2
Views: 1780

iirc in HoF the music themes played correctly but when Tribes was released it also brought some glitch/bug that messed up how the music cycles So I believe until someone fixes the looping-problem in the music system, whatever music files are inserted, only a few will ever play. TotE is a great game ...

Go to advanced search