Search found 335 matches

by markkur
08 Jun 2015, 13:53
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: HOMM 5 Multiplayer maps
Replies: 22
Views: 15884

Re: markkur was very busy

By the way markkur was very busy these days, I checked maps4heroes.com and he's got like 20 maps that I think are new. And he's most downloaded so far, so NICE WORK markkur!!! Well, TY but it was a morning's work. I am retired now. Like you, I came to H5 when the brave few (like Pitsu, Franzy, Rdef...
by markkur
03 Jun 2015, 13:49
Forum: Campfire
Topic: If Pain Was Purple
Replies: 0
Views: 2358

If Pain Was Purple

Since this place is inhabited by some other mere-mortals; thought I put this up here in case it may be a small benefit to someone. "If Pain Was Purple" The single most difficult challenge that I have faced in my long war fighting chronic pain is the heart-breaking loss of my most valued re...
by markkur
31 May 2015, 14:53
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The 7th Element
Replies: 4
Views: 2755

I thought you were joking Kalah. That "Enlightenment" is a jest...right?
by markkur
30 May 2015, 11:03
Forum: News
Topic: Marzhin and Penin Twitching in May
Replies: 27
Views: 11704

I didn't get the warm-fuzzies after reading this thread, I got the "cold-matteds" :D
by markkur
28 May 2015, 11:22

Re: Yeah I did that a while ago and...

I have no good answer. That was a good one in my book. :D What exactly do you mean by this 'copy said folder'? Which folder? Folder with the object, the model, the texture, all of them...? Why not do the easy test first and just copy the main folder and rename it. If I understand file structures, (...
by markkur
27 May 2015, 11:09
Topic: Detour
Replies: 15
Views: 5095

Don't count on it. Who do you think they are, you & q? Well, to these guys credit they do appear to be getting a better grasp on aspects of the game. And we can hope they are not "flying by the seat of their pants" like some of the adventures of recent times. You know, "maybe the...
by markkur
27 May 2015, 11:03

Do you know is there a way to change textures of an object, or a character, or a hero (whatever) but to affect only that character/object/hero? I'm no Guru but as I recall, folks would just copy said folder and rename it, if they wanted zero headaches. iirc, it's when people kept the original file ...
by markkur
25 May 2015, 10:55

Well, hopefully the processor can give the A.I. a little love. :D
by markkur
25 May 2015, 10:51

...There's lot more to learn and I am doing it bit by bit on my own (mostly) and with the help of some older posts from here. Now I'm stuck with preventing random creature weeks from occurring. I don't know how to do it, I asked some people but it seems that it's not possible to manipulate types of...
by markkur
22 May 2015, 00:50

That's easy Kalah.

New wood...old stone. <snicker-guffaw-chuckle> :D
by markkur
21 May 2015, 09:17
Topic: Slow Picture Day
Replies: 5
Views: 3374

Our Hero could not hear the conversation in the village of Teeny even though it was only a few steed-trots distant. However, the townsfolk didn't actually want that "self-centered neon-titan" to know their thoughts...let's listen why; "Thank God! He's takin' the dragstone road, severa...
by markkur
15 May 2015, 08:11
Topic: Drones and Cyclopses
Replies: 10
Views: 4237

Good grief, I feel like a nasty visual-critic these days

but c'mon

The "Mouth of Sauron"...on the poor critter!? and that's it.<sigh>

Grab the H5 version and give it shades if it has to be waay different.

Jeez loueeze
by markkur
15 May 2015, 08:05
Topic: The Great White On Field
Replies: 24
Views: 9415

Re: The Great White On Field

I think the ideas of more advanced battle maps are awsome. I too remember the +/- luck/morale effects in H3 and that should be easy to add. Weather settings like heavy rain, making the battlefield all muddy, or snow/sand storms slowing down movement is another idea. ...I think H6 introduced some id...
by markkur
12 May 2015, 10:40

Milos Gajic have you taken your map and used 7zip to change it from MP to SP? Fyi, I've read for years that Scripts work best in SP and many will not run correctly in MP if at all.

As far as the Editor debug...it is not dependable. Verifying in game is the only certain check.
by markkur
08 May 2015, 11:37

Re: The Great White On Field

One game I love is Final Fantasy Tactics, do you know it? It has a very interesting way of dealing with terrain, heights, range, weather effects. Heard of it, my Brother played it a lot I think. Is it TBS? ...There are some few that you actually have another mission, such as reaching two allotted t...
by markkur
07 May 2015, 17:17

+1 all the way Panda Tar. I've been making the case that "elevation" brings awesome things to this game for a few years now. Ever since I started making H5 maps I feel in love with the idea that the battle-field should have the 3D depth of the ADV map. Nice to chat with you. Btw, I'm still...
by markkur
07 May 2015, 13:44

I never liked the mentality some of the design team has had that HoMM battles are/should be like chess. It doesn't make any sense. RAARGH! :mad: I wonder if that's why there are square tiles. :| Would you mind elaborating? I've tried to give the combat system in my tabletop game a chess-like feel a...
by markkur
29 Apr 2015, 12:42
Forum: News
Topic: H7 Collectors Ed. Available in US
Replies: 31
Views: 15090

... makes me pause and think. Has the need to please the young player require so much eye candy that the soul of the franchise has gotten lost. If the requirements were to drive an awe inspiring AI that might be one thing, but I think we know that's not true. This "target" is affecting ot...
by markkur
29 Apr 2015, 11:55
Topic: H7 Collectors Edition
Replies: 11
Views: 5919

Dalai wrote:
mr.hackcrag wrote:I've always wanted a cat in the sack.
:D
markkur wrote: :D yeah I know..."pet-rocks" and all that.
OMG! I just googled it. How can I unsee it now? :S
Can't...it's like...fate,,,Dude :D
by markkur
28 Apr 2015, 09:25
Topic: H7 Collectors Edition
Replies: 11
Views: 5919

Come on! If enough people are ready to buy a cat in the sack, they will be given the opportunity. It's a perfect market.
:D yeah I know..."pet-rocks" and all that.

Go to advanced search