Search found 335 matches

by markkur
Jul 23 2015, 15:30
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V ToE - The Agbeth problem
Replies: 13
Views: 3444

Re: Heroes V ToE - The Agbeth problem

Agbeth is the main hero of ToE single player scenario "Hate Breeds Hate." Sorry...no go. I now remember this quest from a few years back. I wanted all Heroes and I couldn't figure out how to get Agbeth, other than playing his special TotE scenario. At the time, no one else knew either. Fyi...
by markkur
Jul 23 2015, 13:33

Yes there is. I'll take a closer look and write down what I do to share.
by markkur
Jul 22 2015, 10:42

Don't forget the site has been locked. Anyway, Agbeth is the first name in the "internal" Dungeon list... Almegir If you don't know what I mean. Place any Dungeon Hero, open map-properties and click on the Hero. The info-in-screen will change to object-properties and then click on "Sh...
by markkur
Jul 19 2015, 13:16
Forum: News
Topic: Video: Discover Sylvan
Replies: 44
Views: 5736

You mean this guy Maybe so....it has been quite toasty of late. Although I was thinking of more of H3/H5 sorts. Guess I'll just have to re-format my brain and move on. :D "I feel it in the Earth, I smell it in the Air. I taste it in the Water and I BBQ it with Fire." That's an ancient say...
by markkur
Jul 18 2015, 10:36

:D Damnit! :D

w/o my needing a PC...UPGRADE.

I swear I have keyboard gremlins at work these days...sssh, don't say otherwise, por favor.
by markkur
Jul 17 2015, 20:26

I've shared my complaints and thought I'd log on and say; the game is looking better than I expected...now I'll have to see if it will run well w/o my needing a PC. :D
by markkur
Jul 17 2015, 11:07
Topic: HOMM5: Moving boats via script
Replies: 3
Views: 1481

Re: HOMM5: Moving boats via script

BUT, that was not the way I wanted it to be done so I asked here if anyone knew could boats be moved some other way, but I guess there's no other way... :( Yeah I know, but since I'm the only one "trying" to say things to keep your problem-solving moving...I'm the bottom of the barrel. :D...
by markkur
Jul 16 2015, 20:16
Topic: HOMM5: Moving boats via script
Replies: 3
Views: 1481

Re: HOMM5: Moving boats via script

Is there a way to move boats via script? I tried SetObjectPosition("NameOfTheBoat", x, y, floor) ; but the game crashes!!! Why doesn't this work when for example enemy heroes or stacks of creatures can be moved this way? idk, thought I'd make sure you are setting to the correct floor? And...
by markkur
Jul 15 2015, 10:11
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Coliseum
Replies: 5
Views: 2035

Never played H4; what triggered the Quest on the Adv-map? An invisible trigger on the cell the Hero is on?
by markkur
Jul 8 2015, 12:41
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 43830

That face looks very familiar for some reason. :D
by markkur
Jul 7 2015, 15:03
Topic: Heroes 7 skill system
Replies: 62
Views: 11099

Sounds good to me. <<<Replace Luck>>>> Why that was ever a skill is beyond me. The definition of luck is chance/fate/doom..."here, let me practice my luck, I want to become highly skilled". :D Sort of like a Barb's war-cry "Hordes Revenge" or whatever it is called was not a implo...
by markkur
Jul 7 2015, 7:45

Those are good thoughts gentlemen. I kept thinking about the Hero and rehiring bit and it occurred to me that a nice variety might be sweet? Defeat a siege and "say" one of three things happens, 55% = the Hero dies in the battle. 35% = The Hero surrenders & can be bought at a high pric...
by markkur
Jul 4 2015, 11:08

I'm not constantly reviewing information about H7, for me, I've got to wait till I see what comes from the factory since they are at a stage when ideas are not entertained (and It appears confirmed in this thread) and do an eval then. But for grins; About losing Heroes in battles. I don't mind a Her...
by markkur
Jun 30 2015, 20:42

That sounds "similar" to the H5 editor, though you couldn't always depend on the test results. Since they've been talking about an editor since day-one, we should see a much better editor this time around. Have you read if there will be a Campaign-editor?
by markkur
Jun 30 2015, 12:47

@ Pol Later they were just cutting down, to keep a budget. sad You know, I think that right there is the killer. I remember long years ago when I was a wee lad, hearing an old business-wizard say; "It's the 'quarter to quarter' mindset that is trashing businesses today. The man saying that was ...
by markkur
Jun 29 2015, 16:56

Thanks Jeff. I sure hope it's not another H5 boondoggle where I could run and enjoy the game...a few years later. :D
by markkur
Jun 28 2015, 16:11

After reading this thread (mostly)I've got a headache, but it may be for the fearful-wunderment of this question;

"What will the sys. requirements needed to run the game?"
by markkur
Jun 19 2015, 12:42
Forum: Articles
Topic: System Requirements Q&A
Replies: 23
Views: 3595

As far as the history of Map-Editors and what the latest and greatest should be...I'd go for the H5 Editor but seriously refined and made every bit as detailed and user-friendly as H3's. I didn't mind the learning curve for the H5 editor but what I did detest was that it was introduced to the public...
by markkur
Jun 12 2015, 8:26
Forum: Campfire
Topic: In Memoriam...
Replies: 353
Views: 69423

Christopher Lee dies at 93 While most people probably remember Lee as "Saruman" from the The lord of the rings series, or as "Count Dooku" from Star Wars , I remember him fondly as "Rochefort" in Richard Lester's Musketeers film series. I watched those films in my yout...
by markkur
Jun 9 2015, 1:17
Topic: HOMM 5 Multiplayer maps
Replies: 22
Views: 5974

Re: markkur was very busy

Regarding the texture changing topic we discused before - I tried copying entire folders and ended up not being able to do anything different again. Where are you putting the files? Have you used 7Zip and seen where the modders place theirs? I know for a fact, they must be at the correct file level...

Go to advanced search