Search found 335 matches

by markkur
17 Aug 2012, 13:42
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Anyone still enjoying the world of H5?
Replies: 24
Views: 14789

Good. <imvho> If you treat it as a new game, you'll probably have a good time. What I mean is that I think with a game like HoMM it is too easy for of us to pollute the next individual gaming experience, by bringing old-debates and our historical notepads and checklists on the adventure. :D I have a...
by markkur
09 Aug 2012, 15:14

I tend to find most of my maps from Maps4heroes, but recently plucked a few from Kartenarchiv. My playing style would not suit PvP as I prefer to clear my own territory before wandering out into the wider world, ... They usually hold a bag of gold as well if I can get them one. M4H is "thee ma...
by markkur
08 Aug 2012, 15:38
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: An artist wanted for work on a tabletop HoMM game
Replies: 13
Views: 42483

markkur wrote: Are you going to recreate the battle-map experience for the game as well? I’m not sure what you mean? In my head, I was seeing Heroes on the board/adventure-map and when one decided on battle then a seperate battlemap would be used for the troop placement, replacing the electronic ve...
by markkur
08 Aug 2012, 15:14

Well Yurian Stonebow, your kindness certainly made my morning Java taste considerably better. :D In case you've not seen my latest map-posting...I just added another carte. "Heroes of Ashan" has not the eye-candy work of most anything I make but it "could" prove to be one of my b...
by markkur
07 Aug 2012, 14:47

Always good to find another fan of H5. Even though it could be improved in several ways, <imo> it's still the best. Since you prefer RMG maps you might not care for anything I've made but <jic> here's a link to my creations. And if you've not tried Q's A.I....you should. :D http://forum.eternal-esse...
by markkur
07 Aug 2012, 14:30

You're welcome, although after seeing your progress I'd say more hindrance than help. I thought you were more in the idea-stage. Oh well, even from small discussions...sometimes big ideas emerge. I wish more folks would participate in my own ventures, so I usually try to participate in "mindspr...
by markkur
06 Aug 2012, 13:38

Greetings Groovy I have a question and some thoughts. How strategic are you wanting the board? i.e. Old wargames like Squad-Leader have tiles that represent statistical changes in combat calcs. Fog, that eliminates LoS and prevents attack or tiles that represent elevation, thus increasing/decreasing...
by markkur
31 Jul 2012, 15:45
Topic: Ubisoft Support Answers
Replies: 54
Views: 121577

I used the same logic (10 should work) but spent some green to boot. A PC maestro told me that adding 9; added to the DX-folder that games seek. He knew what he was talking about... I've had no problems.
by markkur
30 Jul 2012, 12:26
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: HoMM3 won't find my map.
Replies: 10
Views: 19608

Pol, is your UAC still set to high-security? I thought that W7 users had to install older games under Program Files_X86? So, that's not true?
by markkur
28 Jul 2012, 11:26
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3: Need help with the Map Editor!
Replies: 11
Views: 14671

That's odd, it should appear in the custom-scenerio selection by default. Make sure the map's size has been enabled for the list. With "H3 Complete" map names are separated by "vanilla & 2 expansions" (3 icons) The last segment is SoD. Last, if when making the map; you saved ...
by markkur
27 Jul 2012, 16:56
Topic: H5 3.1 Map Objects
Replies: 0
Views: 2758

H5 3.1 Map Objects

I know this is a longshot but has anyone saved all "map-objects" thru 3.1 and would share the folder? I'm not interested in special functions, just the objects to use in the Editor for as much variety as possible. In example, I have no central-tower for Dwarves and zero objects for Orcs in...
by markkur
27 Jul 2012, 16:39
Topic: HOMMVToE random map gatherable Exp coeffecient &resource
Replies: 2
Views: 4881

Re: HOMMVToE random map gatherable Exp coeffecient &reso

Gatherable experience coefficent (value 1~5)... Does it effect starting experience or leveling or something??? Since it's under the RMG, wouldn't they be random variables @ game-load? I guess what matters is where these are located. Likely its a random-global-setting but I "guess" it coul...
by markkur
26 Jul 2012, 14:21
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 309565

Re: Using Legends of the Ancients with a Steam.com Download

...but the problem is that my game file only has a profile folder where saves are kept; I do not see a usermods folder anywhere. Try creating that folder under the TotE's main folder. This missing sub-folder should appear on the same file-layer as "Maps". Btw, mine reads "UserMODs&qu...
by markkur
15 Jul 2012, 14:51
Topic: What is version 1.60 like for HOMM V vanilla?
Replies: 8
Views: 9720

It's best to eval it yourself. There are no mods other than concerning game set-up. Taxes, A.I. starting bonus and duration, Artifacts guarded etc. Some Mods are not compatible but several folks use various ones and have no issues. I play mod-free but @ EE others will know what works. About the upgr...
by markkur
11 Jul 2012, 14:26

@Datau Thanks for sharing the link, I didn't know it had been made; Danza and nearly all of the mappers/modders of the community had already moved on by the time I arrived. @mr.hackcrag Do you guys know anything about this and offer any insight? I better :D I've supported Quantomas since the first r...
by markkur
10 Jul 2012, 14:35

From what I have read over the last two years. most folks think TotE made H5 a good game. I didn't like the original either and also didn't bother to play HoF much. There are some folks like myself that think TotE 3.1 is the best HoMM game to date. I'm no campaigner since my H3 days so I can't comme...
by markkur
30 Jun 2012, 15:44
Topic: Complete history of Ashan - HUGE SPOILERS!!!
Replies: 39
Views: 66908

WoW

Well, how about to make this thread sticky, please oh please pretty please admins and moderators? Do not let this true history of Ashan fade to darkness of the Void!!
Agreed! <imho> It should have been long ago. because everything is together in one thread.

Awesome job Cabal.
by markkur
06 Jun 2012, 13:59
Topic: LotA Heroes Icons Colorization
Replies: 4
Views: 5739

Looks good to me. Are you on the LotA team?
by markkur
26 May 2012, 12:17
Topic: How do you guys play a Runemage or Wizard without logistics?
Replies: 7
Views: 7790

I don't play on-line but often have the same frustration on fan-maps. Having a RuneMage on the wrong terrain is a real drag. When it's Grok you're chasing it's a joke to even try.<L> If you have a map that you like to play but would like to have this altered, I can set-up your Mage or Wizard to star...
by markkur
22 Feb 2012, 21:11
Topic: Best/Worst Heroes!
Views: 34672

Haven , No real favorite though I tend to favor Vittorio for an easier start. However all are good in time. Necropolis , I tend to take Naadir, He starts with both needed magics and the ghosts become quite useful for blocking. I like Kaspar but the 3-times limit of his Tent makes his value fade qui...

Go to advanced search