Search found 335 matches

by markkur
06 Mar 2013, 13:20
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Best Town in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (HOMM5)
Replies: 35
Views: 136316

Voted Haven. After Haven, well...Sylvan and Dungeon would then follow, says me. P.S I'm still waiting for Q to release the next version of his AI Mod ;) Fortress not even 3rd?, I see you've not had a stack of neutral Thanes use Battle-Rage effectively. 8| In one strike I lost 3/4 of a decent army.<...
by markkur
28 Feb 2013, 00:43
Topic: Help! Campaign History Wiped!
Replies: 1
Views: 2178

Well, sorry but no good news. I don't know Macs but power outages can damage files and H5 is notorious for corruption issues. I recently had a PC quit after an outage and my PC guru suggested; "gamers (all pc-users) should be running a battery back-up for PC protection". I'm guessing you'v...
by markkur
18 Feb 2013, 22:18
Topic: HOMM5 Message Screen Error
Replies: 1
Views: 2133

Remove one map at a time "out" of the maps folder till you find the offending map. or take all out and put one in at a time :D

Only the maps you've made and the current map you're playing should be in maps folder.
by markkur
07 Jan 2013, 21:09
Topic: Best Town in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (HOMM5)
Views: 136316

Well, as you said the map matters but I had to agree and pick Fortress. I don't know what the old A.I. was like but when playing with Q's "J" A.I. (new version to be out soon) Fortress rules in long games. I think it's the Runes and Magic combo that becomes hard to overcome. Wonder what th...
by markkur
06 Jan 2013, 15:15
Forum: Campfire
Topic: America ist wunderbar
Replies: 9
Views: 7014

If you go to Monument Valley; I would highly recommend bopping over just past "4-corners" to Mesa Verde National Park in S.W. Colorado.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesa_Verde_National_Park
by markkur
30 Dec 2012, 14:14
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Rage of the Carrots 2012
Replies: 735
Views: 177540

tremendous
by markkur
25 Dec 2012, 16:33
Forum: News
Topic: Christmas 2012
Replies: 15
Views: 9407

Merry Christmas and a Great New Year to Yurian Stonebow and everyone here @ CH.
by markkur
19 Dec 2012, 04:04
Topic: old heroes feel, when is it coming back?
Replies: 15
Views: 13858

For me the biggest issue between the new and old is not so much the feel but more; how the community is viewed. I enjoy 5 but it's no secret the editor was "tossed in at last minute" and with 6 things got even worse. <imo>When JVC envisioned HoMM it was a very broad view and included all f...
by markkur
19 Dec 2012, 03:36
Topic: H5 TOE Map Editor question
Views: 14593

Under "View" make sure you have both "toolbars" checked. The A.I. Passability has the most red, about 7th icon from the right. Your cursor should identify the icons whenever it hovers over them. You can navigate the files w/o but the toolbars, as always, are...quick. Did you get ...
by markkur
18 Dec 2012, 14:36

I'm not sure I understand. If you mean when placing the objects on the map inside the editor; if you turn on "passability", it will reveal the green trigger cell on each object that you will need to keep accessable of course.<L>

Let me know if you meant something else.
by markkur
13 Dec 2012, 14:46

I may be a "stick in the mud" but I like my own workspace and don't care for on line info gathering. I downloaded the pdf fan-manual (once more; TY to the makers) among other things I've mentioned and make maps off-line. H5 is now an old game along with the editor and I only "guess&qu...
by markkur
13 Dec 2012, 02:42

Did you try different screen resolutions?

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... uals.shtml
by markkur
12 Dec 2012, 13:15

The windows which come up, like the town one, are not adjustable.Maybe they're not designed for an LCD monitor, or maybe it doesn't like my resolution? The pop-up windows are not adjustable, I thought you were talking about the main. My rez is maxed at 1920 X 1080 (widescreen) and I've not seen any...
by markkur
12 Dec 2012, 00:05

Ahh that works too! I do find that the window which opens up, extnds past the bottom of my screen. Is there a way to correct that? That sounds like a windows issue, did you try minimizing or adjusting the window? Fyi, I will sometimes have the editor windowed with other programs for quick reference...
by markkur
11 Dec 2012, 14:51

If you mean you downloaded the A.I. It might not work with the RMG but of that I'm not sure,
I never use the game-screen-version I have used the feature inside the editor if I want to make a random map. Take a look there before we do anything. "Tools then...first line is it"
by markkur
10 Dec 2012, 14:19

The Rehirecamp is only a list of Hero data, so you can leave it and it shouldn't interfere with other maps. The only time that it would have to be removed is if you did not want players to be able to rehire...say Godric or Findan etc. Btw, with your finding I need to make a list of Heroes that will ...
by markkur
09 Dec 2012, 23:38

Well, learn something new every day I guess. I seldom use campaign heroes and didn't realize that some "although allowed" would still not show in the tavern. I can tell you how to place him on a map (at least) but first let me see if I can find out more. It would be better to have all avai...
by markkur
09 Dec 2012, 13:36

I downloaded your map "RehireCamp_ver.1" but I do not see it in the list of maps. Sorry I didn't mention; its not a full map, so it's good you do not see it list. :D What it will do is allow you to rehire your camp-heroes if you play a map that has not been set-up for that. Btw, if you're...
by markkur
09 Dec 2012, 01:05

Yes, follow this route View Map Properties Heroes "Reset" only enables normal heroes "Check all" also adds campaign Heroes Since you are wanting to use campaign Heroes here's a Link for a map I made for you to place in your "maps" folder so you can rehire campaign Heroe...
by markkur
08 Dec 2012, 15:54

With the H3 map editor, it was very easy to add a few creature dwellings around a castle. I used put a few of the same creature dwellings close to the castle, then I would restrict the growth of all other creatures in the castle but that one. So I would only use medusa's for example. It added a lit...

Go to advanced search