Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Hidden Door
Replies: 5
Views: 3083

How about; "speak fiend and enter" <L>
by markkur
22 Nov 2013, 16:32
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Best Town in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (HOMM5)
Replies: 35
Views: 136310

I agree with cjlee's thoughts on the two factions. The Orcs are a blast to play and what happens is usually rather up in the air, which is good. Sometimes you crush and others you get crushed. I just like the fact that other than that silly "magical" hordes's-anger bit, when you play stron...
by markkur
15 Nov 2013, 12:38
Topic: Best Town in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (HOMM5)
Replies: 35
Views: 136310

TheMeInTeam wrote: Orcs I need to play more to make an honest eval.
Have you played them yet?
by markkur
14 Nov 2013, 14:06
Topic: Sci-Fi Heroes
Replies: 8
Views: 6404

Re: Sci-Fi Heroes

lol how was that done? Inside the H5 Editor, there are objects & files that do not show in the Editor-selection-windows, that were either "tests" or items made for a purpose. A sign "we were given what was used". A comment had been made about one of my Icegerd pics looking S...
by markkur
13 Nov 2013, 00:15
Topic: Sci-Fi Heroes
Replies: 8
Views: 6404

Why?
by markkur
02 Nov 2013, 13:58
Topic: Walk on Ice
Replies: 3
Views: 2561

Sci-fi fits, because many of the Icegerd pictures were my exploring the camera angles of 3D; this particular shot was right at the point before taking the camera-eye under ground level. And then the colors on the bridge "skin" I found would square-off rather than disperse as it does on mos...
by markkur
22 Oct 2013, 17:10
Forum: News
Topic: Open Dev: Chris Vanover Interview
Replies: 10
Views: 4562

Wow. Ok, I see how I got the wrong date. It's still a good one.
by markkur
19 Oct 2013, 11:53
Topic: Open Dev: Chris Vanover Interview
Replies: 10
Views: 4562

Angelspit wrote:They should speak with Gus Smedstad next, another unsung hero of the franchise.
Yes. Btw, thank you for the interview with him earlier this year, it was a good one. I appreciated his honesty.
by markkur
16 Oct 2013, 13:40
Topic: Feel Unimaginably Sad: Heroes VI versus Starcraft 2
Replies: 23
Views: 21744

@cjlee Feel Unimaginably Sad Although, ofc I know this certainly applies to your reasons for the post, I think this is more about something I've felt the last decade. "We older gamers are fighting a losing war", not just about one battle concerning one game but I think it's going to be all...
by markkur
15 Oct 2013, 18:33
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Mods needed for H5
Replies: 0
Views: 3457

Mods needed for H5

Since there are H5 gamers about that may be new and there are a lot of H5 Mods out there, I took the time to make a short list as a shortcut to improve your gaming. I made my original post at EE, so here's the link. Please note: this is "my base-list" with an absolute focus on compatibilit...
by markkur
12 Oct 2013, 18:16
Topic: New Games, Old Feel?
Replies: 34
Views: 17287

In two days, I'll have been here two years and I've never read nor felt a serious bias.(about the HoMM Franchise anyway) :D From my pov the MMs and HoMMIV seem to dominate at this site but that's because of Fans & Mods. "In general", I think this is true because HC has a strong grip on...
by markkur
11 Oct 2013, 18:03
Topic: Programming Skeleton Archers
Replies: 7
Views: 7484

The function is used for all new hires. I don't know what you mean by "main Necromancy code" You are light-years ahead of me on this stuff, so keep that in mind. What I mean by the main-Nec-code would be how the base skill operates for any Necromancer by default. As I've understood you, y...
by markkur
11 Oct 2013, 17:51
Topic: Patched through 1.6, now crashes at end of mission
Replies: 3
Views: 4979

I started with TotE, so I don't know but I've a question for you. I know Vista has similarities with 7, do you have "User Accounts"? This is a reach and a long one at that, but recently I dialed-up my security settings and when I did...all maps and gamesaves reverted to some other time. Wh...
by markkur
08 Oct 2013, 15:38

I see, so you want all Necros to Raise Archers. Just a guess but have you tried editing the main Necromancy code? Maybe that is overriding? One sort of related note. An odd thing happened after I edited one Hero; I created a map and gave Lethos Necromancy (within the Editor) . Then later, when playi...
by markkur
08 Oct 2013, 15:21

Re: New Games, Old Feel?

Marzhin wrote:@markkur: actually Might & Magic X will have a modding kit, so people can create their own adventures :)
I am glad to hear it and I imagine you had a role there too. <vbg> I should ask; will it "truly" be...user-friendly?
by markkur
07 Oct 2013, 20:34

2D vs 3D seems to be the main thing to many but my biggest gripe (as long as the game is playable), by far, is the undeniable trend away from the greater community's creative-involvement. I don't mean on-line chatting or posting endless ideas and opinions/arguments; I mean creation-tools intended fo...
by markkur
06 Oct 2013, 14:59

Re: Programming Skeleton Archers

I have tried to program the skill skeleton achers with lua. I have tried: SKILL_SKELETON_ARCHERS SKILL_Skeleton_ARCHERS SKILL_RAISE_ARCHERS PERK_SKELETON_ARCHERS PERK_Skeleton_ARCHERS PERK_RAISE_ARCHERS None of these has worked. Has anyone programmed the skill If so what is the correct phrase? I'm ...
by markkur
30 Sep 2013, 01:45
Topic: H5 random map generator
Replies: 15
Views: 12367

To always have them, you'll need this Mod. http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=24168&pagenumber=1 Just remember on every map that you make or want to play; "all" will still have to be checked or you will not see them at map start. About the RMG I don't know, I don't use the ...
by markkur
29 Sep 2013, 14:41
Topic: H5 random map generator
Replies: 15
Views: 12367

I can't remember who I suggested this to before here @ CH but did you previously save a mirror image of the game? If not, reinstall I recommend making a back-up folder and calling it ToEBU. Once you've done that, then in the future, you can easily overwrite a corrupted Editor by copy/paste any time ...

Go to advanced search