Search found 540 matches

by Arret
Nov 3 2011, 3:22
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: [Poll]Strongest town excluding Conflux
Replies: 73
Views: 24334

in multiplayer impossible setting are rarely used Interesting. Which means data based on multiplayer is inherently skewed because settings are deliberately chosen to cover the weakness of the more resource-dependent town types. I was thinking this too. Aside from tower (since even getting mages is ...
by Arret
Nov 3 2011, 3:19
Topic: Inferno Music Evolution
Replies: 11
Views: 4140

GreatEmerald wrote:Yeap, H3 gets my vote. Same with Fortress. H5 tracks aren't bad, but still not good enough. H3 is unrivalled for now.

Fortress from H3 is probably my favorite of any song from any MM game :D
by Arret
Nov 3 2011, 3:17
Topic: Inferno Music Evolution
Views: 4140

No question, heroes 3. H5 actually isn't all that bad, but just doesn't compare to H3.
by Arret
Nov 3 2011, 3:14
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Questions on improving MM8 party
Replies: 7
Views: 3321

One thing I always do in MM8 that you may have forgotten is complete the master bounty hunter quest. It gives a ridiculous amount of xp, something like 1.2 million!
by Arret
Nov 3 2011, 3:12
Topic: Questions on improving MM8 party
Replies: 7
Views: 3321

Yes, breaker is a mace and it is best item period for a troll. Hammers and maces both qualify under the mace skill. For weapons, at this point, just grab whatever does most dmg. You shouldn't need +hit because of bless and you shouldn't need recovery bonus because of GM plate and stupidly high lvls ...
by Arret
Nov 3 2011, 3:05
Topic: Need to ask something .
Replies: 12
Views: 3095

Didn't you read my answer on the other thread ;|

A quick search at telp gives this answer.

---SPOILER ALERT---
http://telp.org/mm7/tavern/anyboard/posts/29941.html
by Arret
Nov 2 2011, 2:38
Topic: Looking back at M&M games (7-8) and their classes
Replies: 15
Views: 4555

You must be playing differently than I did, because my monks never hit for anything until I hit master level, at which point they were hitting for about the same as a halberd would (at which point a knight could have halberd/sword as well due to Master Unarmed/Dodge being on Evermorn Island) even af...
by Arret
Nov 2 2011, 1:07
Topic: MM6: Favorite melee weapons to give your Druid
Replies: 21
Views: 6364

Had to go with mace and dagger. If I am at a point where I need to melee I need damage. It is because I am out of mana from mashing poison spray/sparks. That being said I haven't run with a druid in a long time, not because they are bad, but just because I usually finish the game before the 2nd prom...
by Arret
Nov 2 2011, 0:54

Hammerhands isn't really worth it, it adds a very pitiful amount of damage to your fist attacks (chances are no more than 10 points of damage), and it adds body damage, which can't hurt the oozes that are immune to physical. There's quite a few other units immune to body damage as well. Free damage...
by Arret
Nov 1 2011, 23:21
Forum: News
Topic: The M&MX Fan Survey
Replies: 39
Views: 7446

Thinking about it, there was a question on Light/Neutral/Dark. Is this referring to MM3 faction, where Neutral is closer to a Chaos faction, or conventional netural, being neither light nor good, which would seem closer to unassociated tribes or mecenaries (nomads, ogres, wasps)?
by Arret
Nov 1 2011, 23:14
Topic: MM7 Level One Challenge
Views: 4214

Based on the fact that it would be almost mathematically impossible to avoid getting an eradication proc at least once if you went hand to hand honestly, I bet this is done with the same kind of tactics as used to kill the dragon on Emerald Isle. This would allow you to just load on a power cure.
by Arret
Nov 1 2011, 23:06

I disagree with you on monks though. Monks felt like nerfed knights with no decent armor until way too late. I tried playing a bunch of combos to come up with the worst 4 person party, and absolutely despised an all ninja team because of lack of hammerhands.
by Arret
Nov 1 2011, 23:04

I pretty much agree with Shadow. The main problem is that in terms of damage, everything is balanced around a left hand sword. This makes paladins not terrible, especially in MM7 Light with Paralyze and Destroy Undead, but the strength of master sword destroys just about every other class. Mace stun...
by Arret
Nov 1 2011, 4:08
Topic: The creature upgrades in Heroes II are not chaotic
Replies: 2
Views: 1465

Most of this seems fairly close except for tier one, where every race seems to not fit the parameters. How are sprites not humanoid? How are halflings not humanoids? Logically there would be tribe leaders for a centaur and a goblin which may have better weapons or armor. Why are peasants not upgrada...
by Arret
Nov 1 2011, 4:00
Topic: Need help
Replies: 14
Views: 3009

Any place outdoors you can fly from (unless it is too far above ground to start with), you don't need a ledge. Page up is fly up, and I believe insert is fly down. You have to hold the key down in order to elevate or descend.
by Arret
Oct 30 2011, 20:28

Now that I think of it, if you don't actually have the spell and are using a Fly scroll, you need to make sure a mana using class is using the scroll because the spell drains mana over time.
by Arret
Oct 30 2011, 20:27

As long as you have it learned, it is the exact same in the base game, so you can dig through the manual that came with the base game. As I recall it is page up to fly, and home deactivates flying (you drop like a rock).
by Arret
Oct 29 2011, 18:20
Topic: Another mod has been released for MM7!
Replies: 20
Views: 9908

If you have a question like this, please start your own thread. This is the last time I will give a response in someone else's thread.

A quick search at telp gives this answer.

---SPOILER ALERT---
http://telp.org/mm7/tavern/anyboard/posts/29941.html
by Arret
Oct 29 2011, 18:12
Topic: The M&MX Fan Survey
Replies: 39
Views: 7446

Completed the survey, tried to be as specific as possible in the textbox questions.

Good luck, let's hope this project actually gets finished unlike so many others.
by Arret
Oct 27 2011, 2:04
Topic: GameSpy Reviews Heroes VI
Replies: 35
Views: 7206

Re: GameSpy Reviews Heroes VI

Now that the details of the online system are clear, we can see that it effectively IS an "always online" copy-protection scheme. The changes to gameplay are WAY too substantial when offline for any other interpretation. This makes it very hard for me to buy this game, for the twin reason...

Go to advanced search