Search found 540 matches

by Arret
14 Jan 2012, 02:35
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Which weapons are encompassed with the Spear skill? (MM VII)
Replies: 19
Views: 10936

Bandobras Took wrote:You can expert dagger and use a dagger in the off hand.
This. Remember that the dagger does not add to recovery time of the spear. If for some reason your archer gets into melee combat, spear+halberd will do the most damage in most circumstances.
by Arret
11 Jan 2012, 00:11
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Overrated/Useless Skills/Abilities/Spells
Replies: 16
Views: 10473

Maybe I misunderstand you, but that is fine in my opinion, mirror images are incorporeal (any non-magical attack against it has 50% chance to fail) and Fist of Wrath deals physical damage. But anyway I agree that spell is useless. That is exactly what I am saying. Even as a cheap "clear out th...
by Arret
09 Jan 2012, 23:48
Topic: Overrated/Useless Skills/Abilities/Spells
Views: 10473

I agree with Mirez, but would like to add first aid tent to useless skills. Logistics is wonderful, especially if you get pathfinding, you are unreachable unless you do something stupid. On irrestistable magic, I want to have a way to turn that dumb skill off! You can't even abuse dragon+armageddon,...
by Arret
20 Dec 2011, 05:31
Topic: Favourite Dungeon in MM6,7&8
Replies: 9
Views: 5372

6: Castle Alamos (size, complexity, password puzzle complexity especially in TCC) 7: The Pit (dragon breath, pain reflection, shrapmetal, the size). The barrows are a lot of fun as well, especially when you can't find remember where the keys are (Rev4). 8: Regna Tunnels(name?) due to size, complexit...
by Arret
20 Dec 2011, 05:17
Topic: MM6&7: Questions regarding skill points and learning
Replies: 8
Views: 8698

For all practical purposes learning isn't useful. Get level 1 which gives a 10% experience boost with no skill point investment as soon as possible. After that, I wouldn't mess with it. It can be used to boost final score or artificially inflate levels but that is it. There is a base skill of 9 for ...
by Arret
14 Dec 2011, 02:34
Topic: Might and Magic I playthrough complete
Views: 7998

I'm pretty sure there are 2 difficulty settings in MM4/5, but they are set at the start of the game and cannot be changed without restarting. MM2 is the only one that can be changed as you go along in the series. MM1's best feature is the same as its biggest weakness, the openness of the world. It m...
by Arret
12 Dec 2011, 06:44
Topic: Might and Magic I playthrough complete
Views: 7998

High stats are relative (I don't think I had a single person with more than 25 in anything), especially since during MM2 you get free stat boosts that take care of anything repeatable all the way to a cap of 100 (I think) such as spinach, treadmill, etc. The extra levels don't really mean much other...
by Arret
16 Nov 2011, 02:37
Topic: The Blacksmith Building...
Replies: 14
Views: 4965

It depends what race you are and when it shows up. If you get ballista early then I would say definitely. They won't do much to a lvl 7 creature or a late hero's army without flaming arrows, but it will still wear down a lot of creeps until you get other skills up. There are very few races that woul...
by Arret
16 Nov 2011, 02:31
Topic: Favorite M&M Paladin
Replies: 5
Views: 2585

Dark elf maps almost completely to archer (chain, elemental, bow, eventual dark, well darkfire at least) with the added merchant and slightly better disarm. Even in MM7 archers had expert disarm, and only ninjas and thief class could get higher. I am going to stick with vampires matching up with rog...
by Arret
13 Nov 2011, 05:15
Topic: Favorite M&M Archer
Replies: 1
Views: 1418

I have to go with WoX on this one. Archers do everything a Sorcerer can do (with half mana/level & only double spell gold costs), but fountains take care of the mana problem. In addition, they get both great axes (3-21 base damage) and flamberges(4-20 base damage) so they can use the best weapon...
by Arret
13 Nov 2011, 05:08
Topic: Favorite M&M Paladin
Replies: 5
Views: 2585

You could make a case for either, but thinking more about it, OP is probably right. Heavy melee (plate with slow weapons) with minor healing is what defines the paladin class, although Minotaur seems to match up pretty clearly with Ranger. It is debatable if there even is a paladin class. Vampire se...
by Arret
11 Nov 2011, 00:19
Topic: Questions on improving MM8 party
Replies: 7
Views: 5083

Vampiric is great to have on one weapon for knights (remember GM vamp weapon is permanent enchant). I don't know how good it is for trolls based on the slow recovery time of a mace and no GM armsmaster. That being said, your cleric/necro won't be doing enough melee damage to keep up with the damage ...
by Arret
11 Nov 2011, 00:15
Topic: Need to ask something .
Replies: 12
Views: 5947

I didn't have a problem with this either time I played so I'm basically guessing. Train for a few more levels and come back. This is of course assuming you haven't already completed this step. Summer months are July and August. They may also include June and September, but I don't know for sure. I w...
by Arret
10 Nov 2011, 01:38

Both times I played this mod, I didn't have a problem. BDJ has posted before that you can't just come into Erathia, wait until summer and then find Lector. You have to ENTER Erathia during those months as the Lector script is activated on entering the zone. Other than that my best guess is just try ...
by Arret
09 Nov 2011, 01:44
Topic: Looking back at M&M games (7-8) and their classes
Replies: 15
Views: 8462

Just keep dumping points in DE ability and dark fire will be one of most powerful direct nukes in game. I played with them a couple times. Darkfire does a lot late, but there is nothing to reduce recovery time of the spell (which is why I didn't feel it scaled well), and it drains mana too quickly ...
by Arret
09 Nov 2011, 01:22

It's been a few months since I last played it and this was the most complicated quest in the game so I may have the order wrong. There are a bunch of steps and I have no idea where you are. ---Spoiler Alert, text in white below--- Have you found EAOLector? This is an NPC in Erathia that only spawns ...
by Arret
08 Nov 2011, 02:46

SPOILER ALERT

I used white font to cover this up. Highlight the rest of my post to read the answer:

Fly straight north from the stables in Deyja. Just before you get to the sea, you'll see a green spot on your wizard eye moving around. That's him. He will appear as an angel once you find him.
by Arret
08 Nov 2011, 02:43
Topic: Looking back at M&M games (7-8) and their classes
Replies: 15
Views: 8462

On paladins, I don't think the GM plate is as much of a huge issue as you do, it just brings the mace recovery time in line with a halberd. Mace stun is wonderful though, especially since you get the paralyze spell as well. I liked trolls as well because of the stun, body building, and regen. They j...
by Arret
03 Nov 2011, 04:32
Topic: MM7 Level One Challenge
Replies: 11
Views: 6234

Congratulations! I figured that was what was happening as I've pulled similar stunts, I was mainly responding to ywhtptgtfo about how a blaster guy could be killed at level 1. It has to be a pain to do (I haven't gotten around to trying this) but the concept is clearly possible with appropriate (ab)...
by Arret
03 Nov 2011, 03:25
Topic: MM7 Level One Challenge
Replies: 11
Views: 6234

That sounds about right. Anything that can fire at multiple people at once would be hard for a lvl 1 challenge. I'll bet there was a lot of loading to avoid all the fireballs in Colony Zod though.

Go to advanced search