Search found 540 matches

by Arret
08 May 2012, 04:30
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: The Chaos Conspiracy Questions
Replies: 27
Views: 13890

Since you already have the chalice, you are right where you are supposed to be. It is a scripted event when you go to B3 while holding the Chalice. When you got teleported from Baal's Garden to ??? you should have gotten a popup asking "what happened to the lushness of Baal's Garden". Ther...
by Arret
05 May 2012, 16:09
Topic: No Save Challenge
Replies: 11
Views: 5402

As long as you have preservation+regen on at all times and you get body building for your knight (more hp to run away with), you shouldn't run into any major problems.
by Arret
05 May 2012, 16:06

I take it as you are talking about part 2. I believe you are talking about the first part of the main line quest once you get out of the first zone with the fountains. It is in zone E2. (highlight below text to see spoiler) Cast town portal to Ellesia. The town names do not change in between parts 1...
by Arret
04 May 2012, 20:47
Topic: Might and Magic Quotes
Views: 14372

"We are done searching for ancients. We have a better plan now."

"We thought we could settle our differences. We were wrong."

"Thank you heroes. Thank you for saving me kingdom for me."
by Arret
04 May 2012, 20:41
Topic: MM6 - KKKK vs Oozes
Replies: 7
Views: 5395

Just go around them. There's no place in the game where you have to fight them. The same goes for Diamond Gargoyles, although they're a bit more annoying since they're in the overworld in Silver Cove. If you're really intent on completing the game 100% or something, then I suggest wands of fireball...
by Arret
30 Apr 2012, 22:22

No that is the only dungeon in that zone. It just feels similar to the one in Baal's Garden because both are based off of the Tomb of VARN.

Yes, it is above the pyramid in Baal's Garden. You have to also get the gold to train (see obelisks).
by Arret
30 Apr 2012, 22:17
Topic: MM6: Can't fly on Laptop keyboard
Replies: 6
Views: 5219

Yes those are the only two spells that cause problems. I have run KKKK before. Because you don't have to spend all that cash on spells, I highly suggest a gate master/wind master. Losing 40% of your world cash (does not affect vendor sales!) isn't nearly as big an issue without needing to buy magic....
by Arret
22 Apr 2012, 07:23
Topic: MM7 Question about tanking
Views: 5029

+50% water magic skill bonus for the user (rounded down) For level 4 water magic, you get a skill bonus of 2 = effective skill 6 For level 5 water magic, you get a skill bonus of 2 = effective skill 7 For level 6 water magic, you get a skill bonus of 3 = effective skill 9 You can always right click ...
by Arret
21 Apr 2012, 00:42
Topic: MM7 Question about tanking
Views: 5029

Because tank classes tend to have more armor, more hp, and hit for more damage until mid to late game allowing them to keep hitting hard even after everyone else goes down.
by Arret
15 Apr 2012, 16:52
Topic: Couple MM8 Questions
Replies: 34
Views: 16730

Yes, monsters respawn by zone based on a set time period for each zone. Remember that each level of training takes 8 days, so it is easy to reach several months.
by Arret
15 Apr 2012, 16:47

Yes, I found him there later :) Must I finish the alliance quests to get to Regna? Also, mosnters in several regions have respawned (chest content aswell), and in others they have not, is this normal? Yes you need to finish the alliance quests. Once you get to Regna, don't try going back to Ravensh...
by Arret
12 Apr 2012, 00:14
Topic: MM7: Dragon on Emerald Isle
Replies: 12
Views: 10434

Aside from meditation, body building, and learning, there isn't a misc skill that should be leveled up by more than 1 character (just pass the items to that character for repair, merchant, id, etc). Bow is generally a pretty bad investment until you can get master (which neither of these classes ca...
by Arret
11 Apr 2012, 00:23

I'm about mastered everything, except for Aeros, I have Saintly of 1455 points and I need to have a Adept status in order to become a master in magic of Aeros. Is Adept above Saintly, if so how can I increase the reputation status? That is because Adept isn't a reputation level, it is a class promo...
by Arret
11 Apr 2012, 00:15

I'm broke anyway, is there anywhere I can grind in MM8? Anyplace where monsters respawn? Money should never be a problem in MM8 once you get town portal and around 10000 gold. Do the trading triangles (yes I know it is tedious, but it is actually pretty fast). There are 3 total, but the mid level o...
by Arret
11 Apr 2012, 00:03

Yea...I messed up on my Sorcerer and Cleric. I got ID items up high before anything else for my Sorcerer and for my Cleric, I went Merchant first. This time around, I raised up Bow skill to 3 (going to stop at 4) for my Knight and Thief so they would do slightly better against the dragon fight. Asi...
by Arret
08 Apr 2012, 02:07

I would definitely hire a scholar while looting the dragon. Usually I grab a factor as the other just to balance as much of the cost of the scholar as I can or a merchant to sell my items I won't use for more. Once you get off Emerald Isle though, you need to determine what is important to your play...
by Arret
29 Feb 2012, 04:33

You won't get BDJ here as mentioned, but I should be able to answer most of it. 1) Monsters hit for more damage and have more hp. 2) Easy would be close to the base MM6 game difficulty. Normal is something you should be able to beat if you have played the base game before. Things hit harder and oppo...
by Arret
14 Jan 2012, 04:45
Topic: New Might and Magic V FAQ available
Views: 5816

That's if you do it with a level 1 party; in that case, you're right. I beat the Mega Dragon on the playthrough used to generate the FAQ with a level 1 party; it can be done, it does take an insane amount of reloading and the +50 level fountain though. Level 70 is enough to win without insane amoun...
by Arret
14 Jan 2012, 03:12
Topic: New Might and Magic V FAQ available
Views: 5816

Any combat becomes reasonably winnable at around base level 70. Megadragon No. Not even using Xeen Slayer Swords to ignore the 90% physical resistance. Maybe with the +50 level fountain, but even that is still pushing things and would take a lot of reloading. Other than that there is a lot of good ...
by Arret
14 Jan 2012, 02:47
Topic: (MM7)Gibbet -- worth the investment into spear for a Knight?
Replies: 5
Views: 5631

As a knight, you should have enough hp to where armor class is almost negligible. I would keep cranking armsmaster, at least until you can get 30 recovery time. Remember base recovery time (before armsmaster) is calculated based on the slowest weapon you have, and spear skill does not reduce recover...

Go to advanced search