Search found 540 matches

by Arret
May 19 2012, 22:12
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Largest Chest (amount of stuff) Found
Replies: 19
Views: 5601

The first time triggers the trap. If you use it a second time you get to open the now disarmed chest.
by Arret
May 19 2012, 20:55
Topic: MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!
Replies: 537
Views: 282228

Yes is the same shrine. This is one of the unchanged quests from the base MM7 game. This is just a bug (understandable because unless trying to do something like this, going to Eeofol that early isn't something that would likely have been picked up in testing).
by Arret
May 19 2012, 20:52
Topic: No Save Challenge
Replies: 11
Views: 3087

Chests in general don't really do a lot of damage most of the time. The only ones that give problems are the ones on Emerald Isle (due to characters having low hp) and the ones in the Walls of Mist. When you get in trouble is opening a string of chests back to back (Haunted Mansion) but that can be ...
by Arret
May 19 2012, 20:48
Topic: MM7 Artifacts from ore?
Replies: 8
Views: 7211

Well unlike the circus vendors which have infinite spawns, there simply isn't a lot of stalt in the game in the first place.
by Arret
May 19 2012, 20:47

Exactly, or make your caster have good enough disarm and cast it once.

The only other place I can think of that really uses the spell is in Corlagon's Estate. If you use it to press the button to unlock the last room, you cut a ton of time off.
by Arret
May 19 2012, 4:18
Topic: Replaying Might and Magic VII (Finally Beat MM7)
Replies: 42
Views: 16971

I really should pay more attention when I link something :D

Beacon back to Anthony Stone in White Cap. Fly to Shadow Guild. Get to teleporter.
- Teleport to Castle Ironfist (East = Shadow Guild Hideout).
by Arret
May 18 2012, 2:22
Topic: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]
Replies: 430
Views: 241066

And I prefer that trainers give you money for training at them, and also turn back time :P They totally do if you're Merchant Master 34. :D I think that it's a wrong thing though. I guess that is why I can never justify use of a paladin. GM merchant is so weak compared to high master levels and oth...
by Arret
May 18 2012, 2:08
Topic: Replaying Might and Magic VII (Finally Beat MM7)
Replies: 42
Views: 16971

MM6 had much bigger and better designed dungeons and a more complete storyline, but MM7 had plot tie-ins with the old storyline, better skill system, and multiple endings. MM3 is excellent and you should get around to finishing it if you have played 6 and 7 a lot. There are a lot of tie ins with the...
by Arret
May 16 2012, 2:50
Topic: crusader and paladin quests not recognized
Views: 2938

If you haven't done your Mercenary promotion quest then you can just go down that path, but the same rules apply, you have to designate characters for promotion when you take the quest.

Assassin and Gladiator are better (in my opinion) anyway.

Barring that, you will likely need an editor.
by Arret
May 16 2012, 2:04
Topic: crusader and paladin quests not recognized
Views: 2938

When you got the quests did you make your fighters candidates for promotion? Since a fighter can become either a crusader or a mercenary, you have to specify who is going to accept the promotion when you take the quest.
by Arret
May 16 2012, 2:03

That is what I was thinking. Every time I opened it there was a minotaur axe, a black potion, a bunch of gold and some misc other items.
by Arret
May 16 2012, 2:02
Topic: MM7 Artifacts from ore?
Views: 7211

They work like the circus vendors in MM6. No artifacts but just about anything else (level 6 loot from stalt).
by Arret
May 15 2012, 1:57

Coming from the main city to the first set of trees on the main continent, you take a sharp right to climb the hill. Move your camera angle down and walk over toward the cliff outwards towards the water. There should be a miniature area to land on before the full descent. The chest is sitting here. ...
by Arret
May 14 2012, 23:23
Topic: Rain of items fall from sky in mm7
Replies: 9
Views: 3137

It doesn't seem like a respawn issue unless I missed that there were mounds of Erudite Ore and Mercury that sit by the outside of Castle Harmondale (and the field south). In the start of the game there are only phirna roots and the yellow 1 power herb.
by Arret
May 14 2012, 5:31
Topic: Rain of items fall from sky in mm7
Replies: 9
Views: 3137

Would like to know what causes this. It happens to me almost every game after about 6 months gametime whenever I come back to Harmondale.

Also, how can there be no z coordinate when there are creatures that fly?
by Arret
May 14 2012, 5:23

In MM7 the 2 best chests are the one off behind the trees before you hit the water in Tularean Forest and the one in Barrow Downs that teleports you into the midst of a bunch of gogs. Both seem to have level 4-5 loot that you simply won't run into that early in the game elsewhere without getting to ...
by Arret
May 14 2012, 5:02
Topic: Wish they had put more effort into the NPC's in VII
Replies: 12
Views: 4280

NPCs don't have voices. It's your party members that are speaking. This. Also as long as you didn't stack your party with humans, the voices will be much different from MM6. Dwarves and Goblins are very different from the character voices in MM6. All of the elvish voices feel more high pitched as w...
by Arret
May 9 2012, 5:27
Topic: MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!
Replies: 537
Views: 282228

Don't charge like you do on most fights. A string of well placed dragon breath casts should clean out the room while not hitting your friends. There is one dragon with something like 5k hp. He will live, but you can clean up the others. Because of the huge hitbox of dragons, aiming for the middle of...
by Arret
May 9 2012, 1:24
Topic: The Chaos Conspiracy Questions
Replies: 27
Views: 9068

Yes, you are at the endgame. You need to find a place to burn the chalice, which is inside the pyramid. If you can't get inside the pyramid you need to go back onto the main quest line (town portal out) and pick up the key (the key looks like a golden pyramid). I refer to the zones by code instead o...
by Arret
May 8 2012, 4:36
Topic: The Chaos Conspiracy Questions
Replies: 27
Views: 9068

You did skip a whole bunch of the game getting the chalice so early. You will never be able to return to Baal's Garden.

Go to advanced search