Search found 540 matches

by Arret
02 Nov 2012, 02:27
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: World of Xeen - Advice for first time player
Replies: 24
Views: 20504

There is no "duration" effect the way you are thinking of it in MM6 and later. Most spells last until 5 am, which is the start of a new "magic day". Well effects also wear off at this time. The best way to avoid this is to cast spells right after 5:00, preferably in a city. If yo...
by Arret
15 Sep 2012, 02:14
Topic: Might and Magic VIII
Replies: 32
Views: 21990

I don't know if you remember, but the trouble with the Vault of Time is that you can only get the key to it on July 24, and you have to be strong enough to defeat the Unicorn King on that day. And you have to have had all 12 obelisks collected by then, I think, or he won't drop it. I've always been...
by Arret
14 Sep 2012, 02:14
Topic: Might and Magic TCC Download link
Replies: 2
Views: 2920

They changed the path from BDJ. This is the new link:

http://www.mediafire.com/my%20files/bdjs
by Arret
14 Sep 2012, 02:12
Topic: Which spell used Queen Catherine?
Replies: 16
Views: 8895

Paladins and archers can get basic light/dark in MM7. Destroy undead is basic.
by Arret
02 Aug 2012, 01:57
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3 - How many magic schools ?
Replies: 9
Views: 5678

I can't justify only 1 school except under very special circumstances. Even if you are going purely defensive, you probably want either mass dispel/cure or mass haste to catch your opponent off guard and everyone needs Earth. Ideally one wants a single school because you can then get yourself sorcer...
by Arret
02 Aug 2012, 01:52
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HOMM3 Mano-a-mano DEEMER vs. SOLMYR
Replies: 11
Views: 9886

Both suck so u choose others ? "Neither" is the best answer here so I voted others. They have decent spells that they start with, but really they don't scale at all compared to some of the other choices for their races (armorer/logistics) even on a map where you are likely to get hit early.
by Arret
02 Aug 2012, 01:43
Topic: Might Magic 2 snes question(s)
Replies: 6
Views: 4027

2 minutes on google turned this up:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/564550-might ... faqs/48295

Looks like the very far top left.
by Arret
02 Aug 2012, 01:38
Topic: Might Magic 2 snes question(s)
Replies: 6
Views: 4027

Never played the SNES version, but I'll take a stab. 1) If the monster is immune to physical damage, you will only be able to hit it with spells. Try the sorcerer elemental bolt (1-4). Have you ever tried hitting a ghost with a mace? It isn't particularly effective. If that isn't the issue, make sur...
by Arret
02 Aug 2012, 01:34
Topic: MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!
Replies: 544
Views: 407726

Paralyze also works on him but eats much mana, so up to you. Nope, it doesn't. ( or isn't? whatever) I mean, I can paralyze Jester's spawn, but still I cannot harm it. However, Toxic Cloud and Light Bolt works. If toxic cloud works, Shrapmetal should work as they both deal dark type damage. Dragon ...
by Arret
01 Aug 2012, 01:00

I don't remember this one, but I never ran into anything close to immortal in the game, even the 5k hp dragon was simple once you cleared his guards. Is that the invisible one? I remember there was one of those, and the answer is: a) find where the attacks are coming from b) approach that spot c) sp...
by Arret
28 Jul 2012, 00:17
Topic: Problem locating Might and Magic VI saves on my computer.
Views: 5674

MM6 was written before they standardized file locations and put everything into the same (3DO) folder. I honestly don't know where they are loaded on your machine without looking at it, but: The default location for files on a 64 bit Windows OS is C:\Program Files (x86)\Might and Magic VI For 32 bit...
by Arret
25 Jul 2012, 23:39
Topic: mm7 resolution
Views: 1532

KCSS is the best comp for overall balance on dark. Low hp early but absolutely devastating late and the knight can carry you to mid game alone. The only annoyance is disarm which you only get basic. Shrapmetal is blatantly overpowered once you start putting skill points in it.
by Arret
25 Jul 2012, 01:50
Topic: MMVII Party?
Replies: 40
Views: 15967

Re: hi:)

i chosed monk as the last in the Party, i have some questions, As you know, because i choosed the party mentioned in one of the other posts, i ahve a knight in my party, and i noticed that the monk to did not have spell points, does he learn spells later in the game? after a Promotion or something?...
by Arret
21 Jul 2012, 00:31

by Arret
21 Jul 2012, 00:30

I have no idea what version you are playing but you MUST be at least 1.1. The original game had a bug where the 2nd sorcerer promotion didn't trigger. Anything from 1.1 on is stable. If you are looking for the latest, try Grayface's patch.
by Arret
20 Jul 2012, 22:22

For running go into options and turn on "always run" which reverses how running works (hold shift to walk and run when not holding shift). This does not exist in MM6 but was added in 7.
by Arret
20 Jul 2012, 22:21
Topic: MM VIII fails to start...
Replies: 3
Views: 3008

Running graphics off software instead of directly off the graphics card fixes a lot of problems.
by Arret
20 Jul 2012, 22:19

The same parties that work well for light tend to work well for dark (although paladins/archers are much weaker dark). Knight + Cleric + Sorcerer + Anything With dark the last slot is often filled with another sorcerer for triple shrapmetal, but really any team with the above 3 will be more than suf...
by Arret
14 Jul 2012, 01:04

It's been a while, but as I recall they have no stats and do nothing except sell for a lot of money (hence the name precious).
by Arret
13 Jul 2012, 02:49
Topic: Dungeon of Secrets
Replies: 5
Views: 3371

I believe he is talking about the Ranger promotion in MM9. That place just isn't fun. It is one of the most frustrating quests in the series. You should have level 10 expert perception (or level 4 expert with the rogue hireling and an item of 3 perception skill) and be familiar with quicksave or it ...

Go to advanced search