Search found 540 matches

by Arret
19 Jun 2016, 19:03
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Monster generators don't work in WoX
Replies: 6
Views: 3534

Re: Monster generators don't work in WoX

I have 3 different versions of the game (floppy/CD/GoG) and this isn't a problem in any of them. Nests don't actually generate monsters in WoX like they did in IoT for when you leave/return a zone. I don't know why. Your only real choice on Cloudside is the Warzone and even fewer chances on Darkside...
by Arret
06 Jun 2016, 04:28
Topic: MMX One race parties
Replies: 5
Views: 3513

Re: MMX One race parties

This is one of the weakest areas in MMX. Skill points are flat (it costs the same to go from 1 to 2 as it does 13 to 14), so wasted points can't ever be recovered. Also unless you camp the game for respawns you won't get much higher than level 30, so there just aren't that many points to go around. ...
by Arret
06 Jun 2016, 04:21
Topic: mm7) Plate vs dodging vs unarmed GM effect
Replies: 17
Views: 10211

Re: mm7) Plate vs dodging vs unarmed GM effect

I'm not quite sure why you are trying to make a tank character. Without a taunt effect in the game it doesn't really work unless your whole party is doing the same thing (MMMM team?). Even without solid healing or regeneration, I've found that just stacking Body Building will take care of almost any...
by Arret
06 Jun 2016, 04:09
Topic: MM7 Light or Dark? Which will benefit you more?
Replies: 5
Views: 6859

Re: MM7 Light or Dark? Which will benefit you more?

Light is based around buffing, so it works better with fighting classes. Dark is based around damage, so it works better with pure spellcasters. Overall the Dark path is easier, especially if you have 2 or more people that can cast Shrapmetal (Cleric and Sorcerer only). The only hard part is getting...
by Arret
30 May 2016, 21:38
Topic: mm7) Plate vs dodging vs unarmed GM effect
Replies: 17
Views: 10211

Re: mm7) Plate vs dodging vs unarmed GM effect

As mentioned earlier it does nothing against dragon breath, but all monsters have a hitbox that can effectively block ranged attacks from other monsters. With dragon breath especially this can get nasty because once the spell ends it explodes and deals full damage. Rock Blast in MM8 has the same pro...
by Arret
31 Mar 2016, 19:08
Topic: Mystery of Sand M&M7
Replies: 83
Views: 32907

Re: Mystery of Sand M&M7

There is proof for unfinished game, in monster.txt there are: Cat, Dog, Chicken and another Rat BTW these trading routes are very simple, you just walk in circles Buy in A sell in B, buy in B sell in C, buy in C sell in A etc While the trade routes were pretty simple, they never had a viable return...
by Arret
30 Mar 2016, 21:06
Topic: Mystery of Sand M&M7
Replies: 83
Views: 32907

Re: Mystery of Sand M&M7

That would explain a lot actually. I always wondered why the dragonflies were in AvLee rather than Tatalia.
by Arret
08 Mar 2016, 05:21
Topic: Post your most interesting Might and Magic challenges!
Replies: 58
Views: 35021

Re: Post your most interesting Might and Magic challenges!

Yes they are. Instadeath has no protection and requires master healers or sorcerer's divine intervention when your healers get murdered.
by Arret
09 Feb 2016, 03:09
Topic: A Few Newb M&M 6 Questions
Views: 4596

Re: A Few Newb M&M 6 Questions

There is no reason to ever use a knight. A paladin has the exact same skills plus body/mind/spirit magic and all you lose are hit points. An archer has the exact same skills aside from plate and shield (don't ever use a shield when you can learn master sword) but gets Fire/Air/Water/Earth. In later ...
by Arret
06 Feb 2016, 03:06
Topic: solo mm6 sorc :)
Replies: 8
Views: 5073

Re: solo mm6 sorc :)

Daggers of power would be a ridiculously low drop rate.

Something to remember is you can nuke a ton of drakes in northwest Kriegspire with dragon breath or meteor shower/starburst for a ton of experience and gold now that you have been using the well.
by Arret
06 Feb 2016, 02:53
Topic: M&M 8 install problem
Replies: 12
Views: 8280

Re: M&M 8 install problem

I'm running Win7 64 bit and I just pulled out my old MM8 install disk and autolaunch still works. When I went to e:\_autorun\autorun.exe it also worked. Something on your system is blocking the install. If it's the antivirus you have to add it to the list of approved programs within the antivirus pr...
by Arret
05 Feb 2016, 22:57
Topic: MM8 GM bow isdue
Replies: 11
Views: 5849

Re: MM8 GM bow isdue

I think the real name is Noblebone Bow. Just make sure you have an alternate bow for fire elementals and gogs. Around 110. Elves can't do much with learning so I didn't bother. Just make sure to do the master bounty hunter quest. Once you reach 70000 you get 1.2M xp. Swords. Armsmaster is ok but not...
by Arret
04 Feb 2016, 19:36
Topic: M&M 8 install problem
Replies: 12
Views: 8280

Re: M&M 8 install problem

Never had an issue with the install in Win7. Go to the disk in Windows Explorer and manually use the autorun.

If that doesn't launch it you probably have antivirus blocking it.

What I have run into more often is DirectX and graphics failures when the installed program starts.
by Arret
04 Feb 2016, 18:53

Yes yes yes.

Only when you have spare points. You really need to crank dark early.

I told you it would be tougher, although the Kreigspire fountain helps a lot.
by Arret
04 Feb 2016, 18:45
Topic: A Few Newb M&M 6 Questions
Views: 4596

Re: A Few Newb M&M 6 Questions

Nice, but not neccesary. You get maybe an extra 5-10 levels because it only boosts monster xp not quests xp. There is no reason to skip level 1 because that gets you 10% with no skill points, but dumping points into it can be a waste. No, aside from maybe blaster at the end. Get sword master first, ...
by Arret
01 Feb 2016, 21:36

Percival is nice. Yes get of power. You need way more up in 6, so stack health. Alchemy isn't nearly as strong. Expect to abuse Lloyd's Beacon. As always go straight for master water first, so you can use the Kriegspire fountain as early as possible. Ice bolt and Poison Spray should carry you by the...
by Arret
01 Feb 2016, 21:33
Topic: MM8 GM bow isdue
Replies: 11
Views: 5849

Re: MM8 GM bow isdue

Get the Devilbone Bow and it won't matter. That's how I did solo elf. Carnage your way through almost everything.
by Arret
26 Jan 2016, 21:31
Topic: solo mm7 toon
Replies: 106
Views: 24541

Re: solo mm7 toon

Just make sure you have a plan to deal with things that are immune to dark. Medusa are immune to all magic but you should be able to walk past invisibly. Robert the Wise is a pain, but can be killed with a lot of sparks/poison spray and reloading.
by Arret
25 Jan 2016, 22:30

If you don't use melee don't get staff or leather up. Put everything into dark, learning, and meditation.
by Arret
25 Jan 2016, 04:38

Leather is mildly useful if you are using melee attacks constantly, but staff skill is pretty useless. With a staff it's much less important to get leather expert than when using daggers. With daggers leather expert is worth getting pretty early. As always the question is whether you have something ...

Go to advanced search