Search found 626 matches

by Groovy
05 Sep 2011, 08:54
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroic: town creatures
Replies: 13
Views: 7341

Re: Heroic: town creatures

Imagine that the 2nd tier of H3 dungeon is dwarf just like in rampart. If you start with a single rampart you go with the elves as they are better than dwarves. Now if you capture another rampart, you get more elves and more dwarfs and balance between them is still biased towards elfs. If your expa...
by Groovy
04 Sep 2011, 20:19

I think that cool unit synergies would be to boost hero traits ( in very very small amounts, e.g. the more fast units you have, the faster the hero can travel, in which case 500 centaurs should help more than 10 .. cyclopses in H6 speed terms.). Or for example another synergy would be with the king...
by Groovy
04 Sep 2011, 19:56

Re: Heroic: town creatures

Interesting read and i hope you continue with your thoughts, but i do not agree, at least not fully, with several things you propose. I’m glad that you have constructive criticism to offer. Having read through your post, however, I’m not sure that I understand the nature of our disagreement. If you...
by Groovy
03 Sep 2011, 22:53

Heroic: town creatures

This topic was spawned from here . I thought this would be a popular place to start. Town-based creatures are a core feature of the HOMM series and very close to heart of most players. The challenge that I’m proposing is one of reducing the number of town creatures while simultaneously diversifying ...
by Groovy
03 Sep 2011, 19:29
Topic: Breathing new life into Heroes of Might & Magic
Replies: 60
Views: 33278

Breathing new life into Heroes of Might & Magic

Having played HOMM 3 and its sequels, I was surprised by how much the sequels struggled to improve upon their predecessor. HOMM 3 was and still is a great game, no question, but it shouldn’t be that difficult to come up with a fresh design that is clearly a step forward from a game that was develope...
by Groovy
03 Sep 2011, 09:23
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Welcome! Come and introduce yourself
Replies: 303
Views: 162747

Greetings, everyone. I’ve just joined the forum, after lurking here every now and then since about twelve years ago (when I first started playing HOMM 3). So why join now? I’ve hit upon an idea of how it might be possible to breathe new life into the HOMM series, and I want to run it passed the vete...

Go to advanced search