Search found 93 matches

by BTB
20 Sep 2011, 14:28
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: The Legend of Erthia Updates and Media
Replies: 1
Views: 1204

EDIT: never mind... I'm an idiot. I need to learn to read things first before responding.

The game looks... well, right up my alley. Good luck on getting it finished.
by BTB
17 Sep 2011, 20:32
Topic: Games similar to Might and Magic?
Replies: 39
Views: 26685

Game balance is just a matter of perspective. U can't simply tell it just because u don't like how's it's being made. Anyhow, u even knew those because of the Construction Set only. I'd bet if there be no Construction Set, u won't even know if the game really balanced or not, let again creating a n...
by BTB
16 Sep 2011, 12:35

What exactly is so mind-blowingly broken that you'd almost go postal at the Bethesda offices? My mod list (http://btb2.free.fr/morrowind.html) states some of my more basic, broad grievances. However, I don't think I really snapped until I started work on my own mod. Two years of working with the Co...
by BTB
15 Sep 2011, 13:30

Even unfixed, Morrowind is actually a roleplaying game, while Oblivion is more the inverse of a roleplaying game. Roleplaying, yes. Game, no. Morrowind was made several years after things like "balance" and "game design" were all but forgotten by developers in favor of making th...
by BTB
12 Sep 2011, 15:54

hatsforclowns wrote:Morrowind is better ;)
Only if you fix it. The game is horribly broken as is.

Of course, if you be looking to mod out your Morrowind...

http://btb2.free.fr/morrowind.html
by BTB
08 Sep 2011, 23:08
Topic: What exactly is this...
Replies: 7
Views: 4369

That interface art is actually still in the art files, if you look it over with MMView. I'm personally much happier with the finished product, though.
by BTB
02 Sep 2011, 03:45
Topic: Might & Magic X Project Update (September 2011)
Replies: 33
Views: 10979

Sweet, a new Might & Magic in the works. I kinda wish I could help more than just offering moral support. As far as my actual skills go, my forte seems to be game balance. I tend to look over a finished product - such as I have done for TES3: Morrowind and am currently doing for MM7 - and try my...
by BTB
01 Sep 2011, 22:36
Topic: How do I modify the MM7 monster tables to use spells...
Replies: 5
Views: 1792

Yeah, nothing in MM7 uses Deadly Swarm. If you add it to the tables, you get an error when the game loads about an unrecognized spell found in enemy tables.
by BTB
31 Aug 2011, 19:45
Topic: MM9 - what you don't like and what you like in it
Replies: 42
Views: 16016

MM9 saddened me, because the half of it that was finished showed great promise for the half that wasn't. The atmosphere was beautiful, even if the environments were empty and not very fleshed-out. The dungeons were huge and well-done (the ones that were done, anyway), as were the cities.
by BTB
30 Aug 2011, 03:30

I've also noticed another wonky issue in that the offset seems to be a bit... off. I've modified Treants with the ability to summon spiders. Giving them the ability to summon "Spider A" lets them summon Giant Spiders, which is correct. However, telling them to summon "Spider B" i...
by BTB
30 Aug 2011, 01:17

Nope. They cast Harm and Mind Blast.

I modified them up to Mind Blast/Psychic Shock.

To complement that, I wanted to give Monks the ability to cast Flying Fist.
by BTB
29 Aug 2011, 19:59

How do I modify the MM7 monster tables to use spells...

...that weren't in the original game?

It turns out that I can't add Deadly Swarm, Poison Spray, or Flying Fist to any monsters because the game's internal code doesn't recognize them as valid monster spells.

Any thoughts?
by BTB
22 Aug 2011, 15:56
Topic: MM6-MM8: Are earth and mind the weakest schools?
Replies: 22
Views: 11820

In defense of both schools... Earth has a few decent, though overlooked spells. Rock Blast has already been mentioned, and a few people have brought up how useful Slow can be against the right opponents. I also like using slow to run away from things, specifically the rogue Obsidian Gargoyle I might...

Go to advanced search