Search found 93 matches

by BTB
18 May 2015, 00:48
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Working on an extensive MM7 mod... here's what I've got.
Replies: 37
Views: 31338

So, I spent a good portion of today dicking around with potions. The good news is that the overwhelming majority of what I want to do looks easily editable in the .bin - tedious, but doable. The bad news (maybe) is that I haven't tested it out yet and I may very well be incorrect in that assumption,...
by BTB
16 May 2015, 23:32

Yeah, this is one of those cases where the lore is at odds with game balance, and I'm going with balance >.> Anyhow, I'm still plodding along. As always, this has ended up being a shitton more work than I was expecting. The major thing today was the realization that I can make in-game stat boosts (w...
by BTB
16 May 2015, 14:30
Topic: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]
Replies: 930
Views: 493668

Another question, because I just haven't been bothering you enough :P What do I need to do in order to add a new transport location to a boatmaster? I want to change Tularea's boat route to Tatalia to Emerald Isle. However, when I edit the "transport locations" table generated by MMExtenti...
by BTB
15 May 2015, 20:40

Paviel wrote:Since the Archmage promotion quest is to find the last remaining copy of the Book of Divine Intervention, I think it's odd to make Archmages unable to use it.
Yeah, I had thought about that, too. I sort of justified it by imagining that the mages serve the priests.
by BTB
15 May 2015, 20:38

• Making chests simply locked instead of trapped. This one I imagine may not actually be doable, but I figured I'd ask anyway. BTW, this one is doable with scripts already. But to do it like that all "OpenChest" events must be replaced with a call to custom function that would check if it...
by BTB
09 May 2015, 22:53

I'm not sure what the point of making stat increases past 100 so ineffective is, since the increase breakpoint could be 15 past 100 and it would still reach only +43 with a stat of 490. It's a tricky game of math, really. Diminishing returns are a concept that the game needs, the original just went...
by BTB
08 May 2015, 23:19
Topic: Massive MM tools update
Replies: 15
Views: 8063

Easily. Excellent! Cool. I'd be interested to see what you've done when you're ready to show. I just updated the initial post of my thread with some more information about what all I've been doing lately: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14782 Ctrl+F "Grayface" for ...
by BTB
08 May 2015, 23:16

Initial post has been updated with a lot more information :)
by BTB
08 May 2015, 10:47

Upon further review of what I'm working with, it's looking like the single most important thing I would need help doing is altering the base recovery times for weapons, as doing so will be crucial to maintaining game balance. Second most important would be adding skill level perks (I took note of yo...
by BTB
05 May 2015, 13:08

Is there anything for MMExtension planned/in the works? I recall you spoke of adding hooks before to edit the skill level perks in the .exe (in response to me asking about the possibility of editing them). Yes, MMExt version is coming soon, but it won't have that. Well, damn. I guess I'll have to w...
by BTB
01 May 2015, 01:09

Is there anything for MMExtension planned/in the works? I recall you spoke of adding hooks before to edit the skill level perks in the .exe (in response to me asking about the possibility of editing them).

My apologies if I'm being a pest, since I rather feel like one at this point.
by BTB
01 May 2015, 01:06
Topic: Modding skill level perks in MM7?
Replies: 8
Views: 5824

I was actually trying to kill this thread by rolling everything over to this more comprehensive one regarding what all I plan to do: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14782 Bear in mind that a lot of it is still up in the air, and a final decision will end up being made WRT wha...
by BTB
28 Apr 2015, 19:47

Yes, the Shield GM perk is bad, but I think even if it wasn't there's still the inherent problem that the classes who are good with shields don't need them.. For that reason, the only sort of perk that would make me want to learn Shield on my Knight is something that helps protect the rest of the p...
by BTB
19 Apr 2015, 04:53

I'm actually not too concerned about thieves at this point since I've really nailed down how I want to balance out - and therefore make useful - the Disarm Trap skill. That said, I do like the idea about minimizing the number of enemies that target them... not sure how effective it would be in pract...
by BTB
18 Apr 2015, 21:18

Ok, so rather than just pelting you with questions, I went ahead and updated my old thread about my mod with everything I'm thinking of doing: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355251 Of all the changes posted there, there's a good chunk that it's sounding like I'll be able to ...
by BTB
18 Apr 2015, 21:07

Went ahead and rewrote the initial post to provide a lot more information with what all I have.
by BTB
16 Apr 2015, 04:00

I've played quite a few games where shield-wearing characters can bash enemies with their shields; maybe GM Shield could be something similar: "Skill added to Attack Damage," or "Chance to stun equal to skill," or something like that. Funny you should mention that, since I thoug...
by BTB
15 Apr 2015, 23:17

(EDIT: gave up on this idea)
by BTB
13 Apr 2015, 22:56

Another question! Will this update allow for ways to edit spell level perks that are currently hardcoded? One of the things I want to do is bump Charm down to being an entry-level Mind spell, but I have no idea if that will work since I don't think Charm currently has a duration programmed for norma...
by BTB
11 Apr 2015, 16:39

GrayFace wrote:In general, adding new perks is always easier than removing existing ones.
That's fine, for the most part. There's really no harm in leaving the existing Shield GM/Axe GM perks there so long as the new ones are added, I'd say, since they don't really do anything noticeable in the first place.

Go to advanced search