Search found 74 matches

by Dragon Angel
02 Jun 2006, 21:03
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: I Can See the Sky!
Replies: 22
Views: 9869

I Can See the Sky!

"Werent the elephant on the turtles back? :|" -Gosh-, true But wasn't it a round world? A heroes map is square.... EDIT: Well, just got hit by one spark of inspiration... my new answer is... "Well, according to the priests of Io and the common sense, the elephants are over the turtle,...
by Dragon Angel
02 Jun 2006, 16:17
Topic: I Can See the Sky!
Views: 9869

I Can See the Sky!

"Wheres the turtle?Where are the elephants? :devil:"

- D'oh -

The turtle is just there, she's actually talking with the horse...

And, as everyone knows, the elephants are under the turtle....
by Dragon Angel
17 Apr 2006, 09:02
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Civ IV
Views: 12028

Heh... yep, the abbreviation is nice, isn't it :D . I saw it from before the game was out... tough it should be spelled cIV... so it's not confused with the common "civ" that is used for the entire series, :P (In fact, I was puzzled they didn't use this for the game title), I was expecting...
by Dragon Angel
24 Feb 2006, 23:11
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Legendary maps - what is the secret? :)
Replies: 55
Views: 27214

Add Islands&Caves to H3 for me, and maybe Rumble in the Bogs... for H4, Sea Politics is quite loved for some players. What makes a map Legendary?... mm I can only tell for me, and basically for battlemaps (wich are a quite different kind of game than "history" adventures), but I'd say:...
by Dragon Angel
24 Feb 2006, 22:27
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes III VS Heroes IV
Replies: 152
Views: 58194

My 10 cents.... H2 - Best Heroes Game so far H4 - Nice twists to gameplay, fresh challenges... blatantly poor AI and balance H3 - H2, just with more creatures/castles, and worse gameplay and graphics... (imho) -- did not play H1 -- H5 is not as "fresh new challenge" as H4 could have been, ...
by Dragon Angel
06 Jan 2006, 02:28
Forum: Campfire
Topic: It's here! Rage of the Carrots revived!!
Replies: 1490
Views: 372382

lunchtime
by Dragon Angel
05 Jan 2006, 19:59
Forum: Campfire
Topic: It's here! Rage of the Carrots revived!!
Replies: 1490
Views: 372382

patriotic
by Dragon Angel
10 Nov 2005, 23:02
Forum: News
Topic: GameSpot Heroes 5 Q&A
Replies: 11
Views: 3906

dragonn: "Yeah finally! Though I don't understand the strategy, that instead of upgradeing the official site Ubisoft throws some information here and there making the fans look for it."

Well... Gamespot pays for putting it online first... and their strategy is earning money :P
by Dragon Angel
20 Oct 2005, 10:12
Topic: Yet More Answers
Replies: 49
Views: 13551

@Lord Haart... "hmmm... what shape was h4's grid??? SQUARE, thats what. Good golly, you guys complain endlessly that h5=h3 as if you were the first people to say that, and then you COMPLAIN AGAIN when an H4 feature is included. " Even being square, this grid is MUCH MORE SIMILAR to h3 one ...
by Dragon Angel
10 Oct 2005, 17:05
Topic: Vampire Lord
Replies: 30
Views: 15071

"The HoMM III vampire belongs to the Nosferatu family while this one looks more noble warriorlike. " [Campaigner]

Yep, this one is a Ventrue or LaSombra for sure...
by Dragon Angel
02 Oct 2005, 08:28
Topic: Enjoying the Landscape
Replies: 23
Views: 11723

BTW, @ToweringAmishPlumber

I'll take this beautiful 3D before any 2D every day of the week... even with the clipping problems or some polygonal shapes.
by Dragon Angel
02 Oct 2005, 08:26

"I wonder if we as mapmakers set the background or if it's based on the terrain of the map?" My guess, it's a wild guess, but might work... is it would be choosen according to the last (in horizon-direction) "terrain tile" being drawn in the current screen... so If you're looking...
by Dragon Angel
01 Oct 2005, 21:18

I won't mind small clipping problems (like the unicorn hoofs)... yep, it could be reworked, but might need a more powerful engine... It is true trees don't meld completely well with the ground... I guess as mapmakers we should make sure we put grass around also. It's a diffcult problem... as you can...
by Dragon Angel
22 Sep 2005, 07:41
Topic: Dungeon Info Revealed
Replies: 70
Views: 23433

It is not a disctintive style of a series.... Warcraft, Disciples, and many others have it. Extra-sized long ears come from manganime, and i suppose many games have adopted them, not because of a manga trend, but because they give an easy reference to differentiate elves from humans, even in small p...
by Dragon Angel
19 Sep 2005, 06:09
Topic: Beta Contest Registration Details
Replies: 24
Views: 9332

Wildbear "Nope, 1/5th are coming from a community, that's 3000, and among those 3000, 1/6th come from CH" Yep, my bad, I misread it... Tought CH had 1/6 of the applicants of all the communities, that where 1/5 of the total applicants. Now I write this I recognize it makes not sense at all....
by Dragon Angel
18 Sep 2005, 07:57
Topic: Beta Contest Registration Details
Replies: 24
Views: 9332

There's 3,000, applications from CH, at least, that is what I underestand with 1 out of 5 from 15,000. I don't know if that 1% of people that played all the games is a part of the full beta applications or the Celestial Heavens applications (that would make the numbe range between 30 - without count...
by Dragon Angel
01 Sep 2005, 19:49
Topic: Dark Messiah Trailer
Replies: 10
Views: 3857

Nothing really of high interest... Some scenarios with some monsters creeping around, and some scenes of fight at the end. Narrator voice setting the scene (the forces of darkness are gathering, faith has chosen a young apprentice to stop them...) Still, the game looks good. Remembers me of Hexen or...
by Dragon Angel
23 Aug 2005, 07:21
Topic: About the Starforce Copy Protection
Replies: 15
Views: 8314

I do not think you need means so strong as StarForce 3 to stop an high amount of low-level piracy, Psycho.
by Dragon Angel
20 Aug 2005, 10:39
Forum: Articles
Topic: Discourses of M&M
Replies: 90
Views: 34575

Well, it matter of oppinion, I think. Give me a sequel that is just "bigger", I would call it "expansion set" Give me three sequels in a row that just add content, (no new features), the series is dead for me (and for many others)... I realize they are just milking me. If not, te...
by Dragon Angel
19 Aug 2005, 23:53
Forum: Articles
Topic: Discourses of M&M
Replies: 90
Views: 34575

I remembered something more about the presentation I think would be interesting, as it may show what is basically meant by "new" features. Soren talks also about "killer features" for a sequel. Despite the name, these are not wrong features, but on the other hand, the features th...

Go to advanced search