Search found 605 matches

by Alamar
Oct 24 2007, 12:39
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Orc Evolution
Replies: 40
Views: 12196

I'm not a fan of piggy orcs so I went with the basic H3 orc as that's closer to what I think an orc should be.
by Alamar
Oct 22 2007, 13:44
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes Complete Edition Details
Replies: 74
Views: 12329

Heroes Complete Edition Details

Are there guarantees that the games will all work with Win XP and/or Win Vista??

If so [even though I don't want to pay for H5 + expansions out of principle] this is something that I'd like to buy.

I'd like Chronicles too but beggars can't be choosers.
by Alamar
Oct 19 2007, 20:17
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Proper Widescreen support wanted!
Replies: 17
Views: 4705

You could take it that way, yes.
JJ: Do you know if the H5 1.6 patch is the patch you're referring to or is there a patch 1.61 [or 1.7] in the works?
by Alamar
Oct 15 2007, 18:57

Should you mean HDTV support with this question... err, didn't you say you don't want to buy ToE? Anyway, so should you mean this, well... :) I may not be buying TotE BUT I would still like to know if HDTV resolutions are supported. I wonder if the H5 core version of this patch would get a similar ...
by Alamar
Oct 15 2007, 16:33

Here's my widescreen support tip for the day. Check patch 3.1 when it's out. :) Thanks for the update man!! I doubt that I'll get any Hi-Def lovin' with H5 but it's still good news to hear that general wide screen support may be around for H5. This gives me some additional hope for H6!! Edit: Is th...
by Alamar
Oct 15 2007, 14:43

I seriously doubt that a developer is reading the post because most of them don't even speak English. That aside I would second the request for wide screen support and I'd like to one-up that request by requesting "proper" support for things like 1080i ; 1080p ; 720p ; etc. support. [I.E. ...
by Alamar
Oct 5 2007, 21:19
Topic: What was the Forge incident?
Replies: 122
Views: 32406

I started the series with M&M3 so I never had a problem with mechanical constructs per se. On the other hand the art that was released with the Minotaurs in Jet Packs, Naga Tanks, Something with a Zombie, etc. just seemed a little too over the top for HoMM. It may have been good but the executio...
by Alamar
Oct 4 2007, 16:54
Topic: The Demo is out!
Replies: 41
Views: 9267

How do the heroes react on heroic difficulty?

At least on Easy & Normal difficulty I think that it's not too bad if the AI does stupid things ....
by Alamar
Oct 3 2007, 21:45
Topic: I seen Orc units with 6 in morale
Replies: 4
Views: 1702

The numbers for luck & morale shouldn't have been capped BEFORE negative modifiers took effect in the first place. This seems fair & natural to me. Now capping the numbers at +/- 5 once all modifiers have been applied seems like a good idea to me. I don't think that it was "too easy&quo...
by Alamar
Oct 2 2007, 21:50
Topic: Best theme in Heroes II?
Replies: 19
Views: 3639

Warlock was best to me if my memory is correct.

My problem is that my copy of H2 gold doesn't want to play opera properly :(
by Alamar
Sep 22 2007, 18:51
Topic: Why +2 morale?
Replies: 13
Views: 2891

If I remember the game mechanics properly Luck is more powerful than Morale when it comes to a pure slug-fest of I hit you & you retaliate against me ....

If I remember the exact numbers Luck is 50% more powerful than Morale under those specific circumstances ...
by Alamar
Sep 22 2007, 18:48
Topic: best race against necromancer
Replies: 24
Views: 4766

A superior player with many of the races will often give the Necros a hard time. Of course if the Necro player is as skilled [or more skilled] than the other human player then you have a problem. The game wasn't made for XXL maps on heroic difficulty with the Necro being guaranteed that he won't be ...
by Alamar
Sep 9 2007, 15:51
Topic: Luck system
Views: 2975

Re: Luck system

Do you like more when luck increases the attack of the units in battle (H1-3&5) or when it decreases the damage dealt to the unit (H4)? I like H4 version more because you are feeling luckiest when you survive, not when you kill one more. But, IMO, it should affect both. I lean towards doing mor...
by Alamar
Sep 7 2007, 19:46
Topic: Heroes 5 isn't a true Heroes of Might & Magic game.
Replies: 138
Views: 32270

I'm not sure that's what I would call a controlled study. Esp. considering that it's a forum for H1-H4. If H5 wasn't well behind those titles I'd be astonished :) As to whether H5 is a real heroes game it seems "realish" to me. This doesn't mean the game is as great as H1-H3 but it still ...
by Alamar
Sep 7 2007, 13:57

@smith b-d: I wasn't aware of Blizzard's participation in those titles. If you've played those titles I'd be interested to hear feedback in perceived quality and things of that nature. I don't admit to being a Blizzard historian so there are many elements to their story that I don't have a grasp on....
by Alamar
Sep 7 2007, 12:33

I see unit and fraction design that is halfway stolen from the Warcraft universe to get a slice of its commercial success. Oh, for f_cks sake... how many times have i heard this fanboy bullsh!t. Im sorry but warcraft did not invent or design elves/dwarfs/orcs or any other part of the heroes univers...
by Alamar
Sep 6 2007, 21:34

Well, that's the point. Patch 1.6 that will come this month and will bring among a lot of other features the Wait button. Now, part of the people will say - rightly so - that this feature shoud have been in from the start, indicating that 1.0 was a somewhat incomplete game. The other part will say ...
by Alamar
Sep 6 2007, 14:34

@Corribus: I started to discuss each of the points you made but the thread just got too long and would have started going in circles. I've got a minor in economics with specializations in predictive analysis [not that I've used the analysis piece since college]. I've run my own business before. I've...
by Alamar
Sep 5 2007, 22:51

On one end of the spectrum you have teams that are in it ONLY for the $ and don't care about anything past profits for the next 5 years or so. On the other end of the spectrum there are teams that are happy to delay, refine, polish, delay again, etc. and will only release a game when they are happy...
by Alamar
Sep 2 2007, 16:43

No team makes "The best game possible". Every team cares primary about profit. Without profit there is no team, and without the team there is 0% chance to make the wanted game. Obviously different developers value "building the best game possible" differently. On one end of the ...

Go to advanced search