Search found 929 matches

by Xfing
18 Feb 2013, 22:51
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM8: Solo Necromancer - Infinite Fun
Replies: 15
Views: 17919

Actually I have once thought of what skills a Regnan Pirate would plausibly have. That's what I've come up with: Class: Pirate (Promotion: Corsair) Base HP: 4 Base Mana: 0 Favored Attributes: Strength, Speed Handicapped Attributes: Personality, Endurance Skill learnset: Grand: Sword, Armsmaster, Lea...
by Xfing
18 Feb 2013, 22:36
Topic: What gerne of music is it?
Replies: 5
Views: 3480

I have never been able to get the music to play -__-
by Xfing
14 Sep 2012, 12:17
Topic: MM8: Solo Necromancer - Infinite Fun
Views: 17919

MM8: Solo Necromancer - Infinite Fun

1. Create a Necromancer 2. Play until you have at least 58 HP 3. Get Master in Dark Magic 4. Buy Armageddon 5. Stand next to a healing temple and cast Armageddon. 6. Heal. 7. Wait until the new day and repeat until everything on the map is dead 8. ??? 9. PROFIT Since unlike quest experience, experie...
by Xfing
14 Sep 2012, 12:11
Topic: Ideas for exping sites in MM7?
Replies: 7
Views: 5053

eofol of mm8 could be cleaned with armageddon as usual. there is a trick when monsters do not recover next day. mm8 has the same tricks. just do not break your sleep and wait 24 hours rough = mobs will stay the same level of HP. if you use 4 dark grands - you will have no difficult in cleaning the ...
by Xfing
14 Sep 2012, 12:07
Topic: Might and Magic VIII
Replies: 32
Views: 22122

Ye but Alvar is 3rd location, and by that time lvl 5 char can be somewhat too low, while lvl 15 elf isnt as eager to come. Also DE is class with one of the highest utility and that makes game's start bit less convenient . I don't think I get your point to be honest. It's not like you're forced to s...
by Xfing
10 Sep 2012, 21:53
Topic: Ideas for exping sites in MM7?
Replies: 7
Views: 5053

Ideas for exping sites in MM7?

Because honestly, cleaning Eofol out time and time again can be tedious and isn't very rewarding exp-wise. Arena is cool, but farming it can be tedious as well (even though killing those 30 or more red dragons can be nice). MM8 had lots of great areas for Armageddon cleaning and didn't suffer from t...
by Xfing
10 Sep 2012, 21:38
Topic: Possible continuation to the series
Replies: 10
Views: 4576

Why won't Ubisoft just assemble a team and hire van Caneghem to lead it? They could easily complete the M&M series without any Heroes games in between. The universes could be separated.
by Xfing
10 Sep 2012, 21:20
Topic: Essay: An analysis of Light/Darkness or Good/Evil in MM7
Replies: 42
Views: 20167

I was under the understanding that the Ancients really aren't that interested in directly meddling in planets once they have created them. They arrive, terraform a planet, fill it with fantasy lifeforms along fairly predictable lines and then leave. Um... and who sent Escaton to destroy the planet?...
by Xfing
10 Sep 2012, 21:01
Topic: MM7 Artifacts from ore?
Replies: 8
Views: 11263

Erudine is negligibly worse than Stalt, to be honest. It's almost the same level of awesomeness. Only the enchantments are like +20 instead of +25.

Sucks that in MM8 you get only a select few Stalt ores.
by Xfing
10 Sep 2012, 20:38
Topic: Children of the Void - Help Wanted to Develop This Game
Views: 35067

Sadly I'm incopetent in both programming and art, but I'm an aspiring writer and a storyline maniac. I'd happily handle some dialogue (since I hear that the storyline's already complete anyway). You can send me a priv with instructions if you'd like me to do some of those.
by Xfing
10 Sep 2012, 20:34
Topic: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 552
Views: 10446392

Guess I'll try another playthrough. I tend to discover many bugs when playing.
by Xfing
10 Sep 2012, 20:18
Topic: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 366
Views: 251512

I believe I have mentioned this before: Do you know of the bug in MM8 which, if solved, could make the game much more challenging? Namely, hitscan spells wielded by monsters have no effect. I assume that the creators' intention was for them to work. But they have absolutely no effect. Namely: Greate...
by Xfing
10 Sep 2012, 20:07
Topic: Might and magic VII question:
Replies: 12
Views: 8737

As for the cds and in-game music. I have to admit that I've never once played MM7 or 8 with in-game music. I don't know a single track of it. Is it possible to have the music run with a virtual cd mounted? That didn't seem to work for me either.
by Xfing
10 Sep 2012, 20:06
Topic: Might and Magic X: Project Update September 1st, 2012
Replies: 9
Views: 7305

This is amazing news, guys. Unlike your team, I do not respect Ubi's decision to discard the original setting, which held limitless potential for amazing stories. I hope you do give a part of that potential justice. PS on a rather unrelated note. Have you attempted to notify van Caneghem of this pro...
by Xfing
07 May 2012, 11:50
Topic: Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)
Replies: 218
Views: 143026

Guys, I know it may sound weird, but wouldn't it be possible to consult the freaking van Caneghem and be done with the speculations? I know the developers are kinda unavailable and secludedhard to reach, but you know... they're humans, they've gotta have Facebook accounts or something ;| Not to say ...
by Xfing
07 May 2012, 11:45
Topic: Essay: An analysis of Light/Darkness or Good/Evil in MM7
Replies: 42
Views: 20167

BTW, what makes some people think that the Clerics of the Temple of Sun in Murmurwoods were hypocritical? They were acting as successors to the original Church of the Sun and were pretty much keeping up its traditions. Dyso hated them because he considered himself abandoned by his brethren in the N...
by Xfing
07 May 2012, 11:15
Topic: MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction
Replies: 366
Views: 252709

Amazing! And I found out about this project only just now... I can help you assure that the English version is free of errors, send me the script anytime : )
by Xfing
01 Mar 2012, 02:29
Topic: Which weapons are encompassed with the Spear skill? (MM VII)
Replies: 19
Views: 10936

Dark Elves cannot use Spear at all. Oops. :) They still can dual a Sword with a Mace or a Dagger. Actually never thought of it. I'd never use a Mace with a Dark Elf though, they can't even get it to Expert where the nifty damage bonus kicks in. And I have never used a dagger in conjunction with a s...
by Xfing
01 Mar 2012, 02:26
Topic: Spells from MM7/8 you wish you got to use more often
Replies: 22
Views: 9349

Considering that tradeoff is reputation that is pretty much irrecoverable, (though not that relevant), I still consider sacrifice as a flavor spell. You still may use it in the regions where your reputation doesn't matter, like Eeofol. Exactly, all the reputation drops only affect the region that y...
by Xfing
01 Mar 2012, 02:11
Topic: m&m7 priest cannot learn light magic?
Replies: 2
Views: 2403

Yes, this is strange enough - especially considering that the Cleric in MM8 can learn Light Magic right off the bat. But then, on the other hand, a Cleric is bound to become a Priest of the Sun in that game, being "doomed" to Light Magic. Priests of the Sun also have slightly different att...

Go to advanced search