Search found 769 matches

by Xfing
Jul 5 2011, 16:56
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Essay: An analysis of Light/Darkness or Good/Evil in MM7
Replies: 42
Views: 12938

Essay: An analysis of Light/Darkness or Good/Evil in MM7

After several playthroughs of MM7 I have noticed a very clear stance of the NPCs on the nature of good and evil. When playing as a child I was much more impressionable and following the Path of Darkness was like the most intense evil experience I've ever had in gaming (never since beat, even in Obli...
by Xfing
Jul 5 2011, 7:57
Topic: What classes from MM7 did you miss going into MM8?
Replies: 23
Views: 3655

and the game and world was shorter/smaller Smaller perhaps than in 6, but not than in 7. 7 lacked quests and you ended up with nothing particular to do real soon, 8 gave you much more quests per area, a good thing. If only I could play the MM6-8 games using the MM8 (updated MM6) engine ;) If anythi...
by Xfing
Jul 5 2011, 7:51
Topic: MM 7 fresh start
Replies: 11
Views: 2776

Actually any team that contains a cleric and a sorcerer can be treated as a challenge-less team. The fun begins when you remove one or both. Right now I'm playing a Paladin/Archer/Ranger/Druid party, and it's really fun, though I haven't yet faced the one-hit-kill monsters, duh
by Xfing
Jul 4 2011, 20:08
Topic: No music on MM6, 7 or 8
Replies: 16
Views: 9225

It's pretty fun to actually make one of your characters a permanent zombie. It can fit well in terms of roleplaying - a Black Knight would be ideal.
by Xfing
Jul 4 2011, 19:31
Topic: M&M 7: Chain or Leather expert for the Cleric?
Replies: 7
Views: 3260

In MM8 I don't care and give my Cleric an Erudine Chainmail, but in MM7 there are Blasters to think of, and the Chainmail drastically slows the Cleric's machinegun-like barrage when Hasted. The effect is even worse for Paladins with their 15 point penalty while wearing Plate (so I go for Chain inste...
by Xfing
Jul 4 2011, 19:19
Topic: Harmondale independent
Replies: 21
Views: 7777

IMO it's best for Harmondale to become a kingdom of its own. It's simply the fairest option for the people.
by Xfing
Jul 4 2011, 16:57
Topic: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.4.1 [Sep 20, 2019]
Replies: 252
Views: 118301

[quote="Konfuzius"At the beginning of the game my dark elf even casted Armageddon accidentally.[/quote]

Daamn, I used to exploit the hell out of that one.
by Xfing
Jul 4 2011, 15:28
Topic: Melee party
Replies: 10
Views: 2888

Myself, I'm using a PARD party right now. I'd say it's about 70% effective in both magic and melee. You have to live without the Mirrored Magics, Lloyd's Beacon and GM Prot Magic, but this party is actually fun to play anyway. I suggest you try it sometime. I already have and right now I'm making a ...
by Xfing
Jul 4 2011, 15:20
Topic: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.4.1 [Sep 20, 2019]
Replies: 252
Views: 118301

Hi there, everybody. I'm a long-time lurker, but I've finally managed to register (previously the damn verification kept banning my e-mail accounts). I have sent Grayface many suggestions and bugs already, it's good that right now I'll be able to post anything I find on these boards!

Go to advanced search