Search found 929 matches

by Xfing
10 Oct 2014, 17:26
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: World of Xeen modding and bux fixing
Replies: 27
Views: 16746

Ok, and how do you apply it? I would be interested, as I'm starting on WoX now :P
by Xfing
10 Oct 2014, 17:19
Topic: MM 6-8: Mass distortion
Replies: 15
Views: 10039

Speaking of which: insta-hit spells on monsters in MM7 and 8 (not sure if 6 also) are wrongly scripted and don't work. I'm talking spells like Implosion, Paralyze and yes, Mass Distortion. This is most apparent in MM8 where all three of these spells are put on monsters, and would have made the game ...
by Xfing
09 Oct 2014, 23:50
Topic: MM3 - some questions, just started playing
Replies: 30
Views: 10840

Ok, I've beaten the game. Good side, all 31 orbs recovered, highest level char 130. I didn't use the thrones meant for Ulitmate Adventurers, as having every statistic reduced to 2 is not a price I would like to pay. That said, keeping Fineous and Allan Bow around costs around 200k a day each once th...
by Xfing
09 Oct 2014, 23:43
Topic: Did I just ruin my MM3 save?
Replies: 2
Views: 2116

Yeah, I figured that was it, nothing could have been done about this. I simply started another game, already managed to finish it with my highest level beinsg 130. What a game.
by Xfing
08 Oct 2014, 11:55
Topic: Is there an unofficial bug fixing patch for MM3?
Replies: 0
Views: 1627

Is there an unofficial bug fixing patch for MM3?

What I've noticed so far are very minor bugs, but has someone ever fixed them and made a patch for it? I'm referring to stuff like the giant spiders of A4 still respawning even after their hatchery is destroyed or not being able to finish the greek letter brothers quest.
by Xfing
06 Oct 2014, 14:51
Topic: Getting Passed MM3 manual code permanently
Replies: 3
Views: 2315

Run mm3crk.exe instead of mm3.exe. Set up DOSbox to execute the former file. Then you'll be able to type in no matter what and still be able to play the game. I think that's cheating in a way, though.
by Xfing
05 Oct 2014, 12:57
Topic: Did I just ruin my MM3 save?
Replies: 2
Views: 2116

Did I just ruin my MM3 save?

Ok, so I foolishly touched all the age-advancing crystals in the Main Engine Sector. I thought this would be easily rectifiable, but apparently the change affected my natural age, not only my temporary age, so a visit to the Fountain of Youth didn't really help me much. And now I'm stuck with a part...
by Xfing
04 Oct 2014, 19:40
Topic: MM6 vs. MM7 vs. MM8: My review (May Contain Spoilers)
Replies: 13
Views: 16166

GreatEmerald wrote: As for the mod, you mean this? ;) viewtopic.php?t=10974
Hmmm... Yes, it does seem this remake will be able to be used for what I just said. That would be such fun!
by Xfing
30 Sep 2014, 14:38
Topic: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 552
Views: 10194577

Bug report for you: -The "of Light Magic" enchantment on Taledon's Helm doesn't work. - Character Awards do not display the count of Arcomage wins, only losses. It doesn't display in which inns you've won either, but I think this has always been a MM8-only thing anyway. - The cutscene of A...
by Xfing
27 Sep 2014, 12:40

http://lparchive.org/Might-and-Magic/Update%208/

I'm reading this guy's LP for MM1 right now. He's really great.
by Xfing
26 Sep 2014, 22:51
Topic: The altar key in MM7
Replies: 21
Views: 9625

i think resurrectra said something about how their own assassin droids would brutally slaughter them :devil: so she needed someone more manly than her :proud: Resurectra and her friends were arguably much more powerful individually than any of the Lords of Harmondale by the time she gave them the m...
by Xfing
26 Sep 2014, 22:23

I think I'll just watch Let's Plays, then. It's the second best thing to actually beating the game. I'll do MM3 and World of Xeen though, of course. These are too much fun.

Which reminds me: is it possible to keep playing after you've beaten the game, like it is in 6-8?
by Xfing
22 Sep 2014, 11:51

Sounds kinda scary... well, I'll worry about that once I'm done with 3. 3 is perfectly playable and quite a bit of fun, but I'd like to complete 1 and 2 too, just so I can say I've done them all. That's prestige that not many can afford to boast :D
by Xfing
21 Sep 2014, 18:29

Well, I like the game so far, a lot. Sure there are some solutions it lacks, but it's great for what it is.

I only fear that going back to MM1 will be too much for me, graphically ;|
by Xfing
21 Sep 2014, 18:24
Topic: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 552
Views: 10194577

Hey! Are you still planning on making updated versions of this patch and the ones for the 2 other games? There's still a couple of bugs you could weed out, you know :P
by Xfing
21 Sep 2014, 16:23
Topic: Working on an extensive MM7 mod... here's what I've got.
Replies: 37
Views: 31344

You also need to know that there are some persistent bugs in the game that I've recently made a thread about. Paladins will not benefit from using a sword in their left hand very much if Mace is invested many points into, due to a bug in the damage calculation formula (the damage from the mace will ...
by Xfing
21 Sep 2014, 15:59
Topic: MM6 vs. MM7 vs. MM8: My review (May Contain Spoilers)
Replies: 13
Views: 16166

I disagree strongly about certain points, such as the graphics of MM6 being inferior to MM7 and 8. I mean, there was no hardware acceleration, which made the game look much neater, true. But on the other hand, the engine is identical, and the textures themselves from MM6 were much prettier and bette...
by Xfing
21 Sep 2014, 14:52

Ooookaaay then, are there unique items in the game, though? It doesn't seem like there are. What a shame.

EDIT: Scratch that... I don't need no relics when there's the Obsidian enchantment! Hehehe.
by Xfing
20 Sep 2014, 23:52
Topic: Storyline question about MM3 and MM7
Replies: 6
Views: 3327

Yeah, just playing MM3 and this is something I've been wondering about - Allan Bow (Tolberti) was supposed to be good, while he's with the bad guys in MM7. Did he really do a 180, or could he simply have liked Kastore & co better? His dialogue in MM7 doesn't betray any malice or evil - to be per...
by Xfing
20 Sep 2014, 23:24

MM3 - some questions, just started playing

Ok, so I got into MM3. I already know most of the game mechanics, what to do and when etc, but there's this one thing: is there any way to examine your items? Or do you have to pay those tens of thousands gold at a shop to "identify" the item and do it every time you wanted to remember how...

Go to advanced search